[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone have a formula for choosing between

Wally

I know this is the most meaningless position on a fantasy football team, but I've seen playoff games won and lost from starting the wrong guy. Do any of you perscribe to a basic philosophy when choosing one guy over the next?

I basically choose one and ride him out all season, which hardly seems very scientific.

I know this is the most meaningless position on a fantasy football team, but I've seen playoff games won and lost from starting the wrong guy. Do any of you perscribe to a basic philosophy when choosing one guy over the next?

I basically choose one and ride him out all season, which hardly seems very scientific.

Cowboys forced me this week to pick up a new kicker so I simply went with the one who has scored the most FF this season. In the past have looked at the over/under lines to choose a kicker that is expected to be in a high scoring game.

If your doing weekly pickups look at matchups. Since I have no DST in one league thats what I have been doing. Kickers and DST are hard to predict unless they are golden (Kaeting and Bears are examples)

Man, that joke was funny when you were constatnly posting it three years ago. Now, not so much. Shouldn't you be over on the Fantasy Advice Board anyway?

The over/under idea is a good one. Thanks RockBrave.

Man, that joke was funny when you were constatnly posting it three years ago. Now, not so much. Shouldn't you be over on the Fantasy Advice Board anyway?

The over/under idea is a good one. Thanks RockBrave.

I must have missed something. Didn't look like a joke at all.

The only thing I look at with kickers is if they kick in a dome. I just have to think that they have a better chance without having to worry about pushing snow or sod divots out of the way before they kick. My point was totally shot by Josh Brown kicking 4 in the snow on MNF and countless times by Vinateri when he was in NE, so take it for what its worth ( :D )

i like to look at the matchup of the kicker's O vs. the opposing D.

this week I ditched Kasay for Tynes... Carolina's O is stagnant and on b2b road games.

KC moves the ball well but isn't explosive which should keep the game relatively close. Throw in CLE's bad D and, imo, he should get more chances.

It's not meaningless just not very interesting - and very unpredictable. When drafting in our auction I try to throw out one of the top 5 about half-way thru for a buck and generally will get him. IMO top 5 are guys who have been at or near the top several years running, and that list is smaller than you might think.

Don't play matchups much because that can work in your favor (ie a good D stops the TDs so they get FGs). I tend to go w/the hot hand sometimes, but generally stick with the "play your studs" thing, such as it is with PKs.

Don't play matchups much because that can work in your favor (ie a good D stops the TDs so they get FGs). I tend to go w/the hot hand sometimes, but generally stick with the "play your studs" thing, such as it is with PKs.

i agree but if you drafted your kicker last and you're playing waivers there often times aren't any kickers available with a "hot hand" which is probably why they're available AND the reason you're considering a kicker change. hence playing matchups.

Its not, but its the best way. You'll go crazy trying to play the matchups and whatnot. I'm happy with a top 12 PK. If he's not, then maybe I'll look at the ww for a replacement.

If, for whatever reason, you have to make a choice, pick the one from the team that you think is going to score the most points. Or use a coin.