[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GAMBLERS

crispirons

something thats not that unusual but something i have noticed this yr. my win percentage on saturday/sunday college and pro is hovering at 60 percent. not bad, but not winning the way i would like. when games are played on the off days, thursday (college pro) friday (college) monday (pro) my win percentage is around 75 percent. i just find it odd, with the bigger boards(easier to find mismatches on the spread) on saturday and sunday that i don't pull a better percentage. odd.

with that being said, i do like the chippewas of central michigan -3 over ohio and the ravens +3.5 against the falcons. good luck to all in the bowl games and rest of regular season and playoffs.

with that being said, i do like the chippewas of central michigan -3 over ohio and the ravens +3.5 against the falcons. good luck to all in the bowl games and rest of regular season and playoffs.

I would love the Ravens getting 3-1/2 against the Falcons. Unfortunately, they're playing the Bengals. :D

75% is way too good to maintain on the long-term. I think 60% sounds pretty darn good. If you could be right 60% of the time, you can quit your day job.

55% is break even point with the vig. 60 isn't all that good imo. if you were betting thousands of dollars, you might be able to quit. i play quarters and halves, sometimes a buck. not enough to make a living.

i do realize the ravens are playing the bengals and not the falcons.

55% is break even point with the vig. 60 isn't all that good imo. if you were betting thousands of dollars, you might be able to quit. i play quarters and halves, sometimes a buck. not enough to make a living.

i do realize the ravens are playing the bengals and not the falcons.

Actually, the break-even is right around 52.5% with 10% vig. If one could consistently hit 60%, you could make a lot of money but would need a big bankroll (& larger cahonies).

99% of the time that works. 1% of the time you lose a million dollars. lol.

Haha. Well, I figure I'm not stupid enough to get 5 or 6 picks wrong in a row. I did really well last week but it's been a tough week for me this week with the ACC/Big 10 Challenge. My Big 10 bias got in the way....:D

something thats not that unusual but something i have noticed this yr. my win percentage on saturday/sunday college and pro is hovering at 60 percent. not bad, but not winning the way i would like. when games are played on the off days, thursday (college pro) friday (college) monday (pro) my win percentage is around 75 percent. i just find it odd, with the bigger boards(easier to find mismatches on the spread) on saturday and sunday that i don't pull a better percentage. odd.

I hit about 61% in the NFL last season, which nearly doubled my bankroll. This season, I've only hit around 52%, and that's with 3 solid weeks in a row (9 of 11!), and I haven't quite broke even.

College hasn't been as successful, but I don't pay attention to it as closely, so I don't know that I make educated decisions.

Just got in to the gambling circus and I am looking for sites where people discuss pro and college football - particularly from a gambling/betting perspective. Does anyone have any suggestions where I could go?

Any help would be appreciated

PM sent, as promoting websites in a message board is bad form, IMO.

I won the wagerline competition last year for the playoffs. I went a remarkable 16-2.

This regular season has been a tough one. My bankroll is down a bit but I'm still plugging away.

I've spent most of my time developing a spreadsheet that has too many inputs to mention.

It spits out big plays. Of course, this just gives me insight - I still have to look at the games.

It does the best in overs/unders.

In sides the "spit out plays" are 71% and all non-plays are 55%. In totals the over unders I use 2 different formulas. One is going at 78% in "spit out plays" and 70% in non plays. The other formula started in November, and it's gone 70% in "spit out" plays and 63% in other plays.

Oh, and you are probably wondering why my bankroll is down when my system is going great.

The reason is I have rarely played on the system - just trying it out for the first time this year. So I've been tweaking it, and still don't have complete confidence in it. But the numbers don't lie.

In total "spit out" plays the record for the season (which I started in Oct using the system, so you could say the last 2 months) is 45-16.

You should only bet on Thursday, Friday and Monday and you should significantly increase the amounts you are betting.

I don't know how many would be interested in this... I posted this at a couple other sites I am a member at. Feel free to give me your feedback if you have time to read it:

A juicy total I'm looking at is StL/Ari - Do you agree w/ this analysis?

The Play

STL/ARI U 46.5

The Key

The run game is what is the key to this matchup. The main stats you need to know: St. Louis has the 32nd ranked rush D in the league and Ari has the #22 ranked rush D in the league. In the past 7 games, neither team has faced an opponent with a lower ranked rush D than they will face on Sunday.

In those 7 games, when Ari faces a team w/ a rush D ranked 16 or lower, the average total score for the game has been 32 points (27 Det, 45 GB, 31 Oak)

In those 7 games, when St. L faces a team w/ a rush D ranked 16 or lower, the average total score for the game has been 40 points (43 GB, 37 Det)

When Arizona has the Ball:

Arizona on offense

Arizona ranks dead last in rush offense and 10th in pass offense. What could be cause for these numbers? In their last 7 games, they have faced the #1, #4 and #8 rush Ds in Min, Dal and Chi. Another reason is in their past 5 games, Ari has been losing at halftime in 4 of the 5 games by an average of 10 points. They couldn't establish the run, got down early, and turned to the air from thereon.

There have been only 2 teams that ranked several spots worse against the run vs. the pass that Ari has faced recently. Det and Oak. In those games, Ari ran the ball 45% of the time and the total scores were 27 and 31 points.

Ari is somewhat predictable - when facing teams w/ good run Ds and bad pass Ds, they throw. In games against Min (#1 vs run and #31 vs Pass) and Dal (#4 vs run, #11 vs pass) Ari has run the ball only 23% of the time, and the totals have averaged 47 points.

Ari comes off a game in Min where they faced the #1 rush D and only attempted to run 6 times. See below what happened the game after St.L only ran 8 times against Carolina. Ari will most likely redouble their efforts to run the ball, and it doesn't get any easier then when you face the #32 ranked rush D of St. Louis.

The other thing to note is that it does not matter whether Ari is ahead or behind, they usually have tried to give Edge the ball around 40% of the plays. As witnessed by the fact that when Ari is ahead, Edge has had 84 carries, and when Ari is losing, Edge has had 97 carries. He may not gain many yards, but he eats up the clock and gives the defense a chance to rest and the offense the ability to keep the opponent honest in their defensive playcalling.

St. Louis on defense

St. Louis ranks #32 vs the run and #10 vs the pass. They fit right into the mold of teams that Ari has taken the opportunity to run on. Another injury situation that will benefit the Ari run game: Rams DE Victor Adeyanju left the game against SF in the first quarter because of a forearm injury and was wearing a cast after the game. “He’s definitely out the next three or four ballgames,” according to the Rams HC.

When St. Louis has the Ball:

St. Louis on offense

St. L has a pretty bad rush offense (25th) and a good pass offense (8th). But the biggest deal here is Orlando Pace's injury. Prior to that StL was putting up some high totals (46, 48, 52, 68) but that was also because they were facing teams in the top half of the league in scoring (SD, Sea, KC). In those 4 games they averaged 40 passes, throwing the ball 64% of the time. What happened after Pace got injured 3 weeks ago?

Last week despite playing a team in SF w/ a #25 ranked pass D (similarly, Ari is #26) and a higher ranked rush D, they ran the ball 44% of the time. They weren't losing by double digits at half like they had been to Car and KC. They had the chance to establish the run, and used their rookie LT to run behind, instead of have Bulger set up and let the rookie try to pass block.

Now what was the big difference between last week's SF game and the Car game 2 weeks ago when HC Scott Linehan called the plays and they ran the ball just 8 times, passing it 81% of the time? (Hard to believe!) In the SF game, HC Scott Linehan decided to let offensive coordinator Greg Olson (who moved from the coach's booth to the sideline) call the plays. Obviously it seems Greg Olson's play calling was to rely more on the run. They ran more rushing plays (the 44% I mentioned above) against SF than they had in any game in the prior 5 weeks.

StL was working behind a patchwork O-Line in part due to Pace, but also C Brett Romberg played in just the second game of his career when he replaced Richie Incognito (foot) in the second quarter and then for the rest of the game in the third quarter, and rookie LG Mark Setterstrom started and played the entire game against the 49ers. A seventh-round pick this year, Setterstrom was active for the first time against the Panthers and played about 10 plays.

Another reason to rely on the run? Marc Bulger revealed to reporter's after week twelve's win over the 49ers that he has been receiving pain killer shots for a sore rib for the last several weeks. The Rams quarterback aggravated the injury in week twelve, missing a small part of the first half but returning a short time later to finish the game. Perhaps the rib injury is the reason Bulger has had more difficulty getting the ball downfield to Torry Holt and Ike Bruce, whose numbers have waned in recent weeks.

Here's what Stephen Jackson said about the running game: "Whenever you're running the ball, you're going after the other team," Jackson said. "We're just going to go out and try to pound away at you, try to move the ball, and keep our defense off of the field. We feel like for us to protect Marc (Bulger), allowing me to run helps keep him away from getting hit. The offensive line stepped up big time. We had the rookie (Setterstrom) in there, and he did a great job. I don't know if you realize, but on 4th-and-1 we ran right behind him and that shows that we have a lot of faith in him and what he's going to do."

And here is what their coach said on re-establishing the running game: “We stuck with it. We were able to come out and establish it. Our guys came out with a sense of urgency right away. Our ability to run the football had a lot to do with . . . we were ready to play, we had that intensity about us to start the game.”

I think they'll be able to do the same against the worst run D they have faced in months.

Ari on defense

Ari has the #22 ranked rush D and the #26 ranked pass D. Very similar (but worse in the run game) to the D that SF brought to town (#17/#25 vs run/pass). With Greg Olson calling the plays, and an inexperienced O-Line that was fired up to finally run block for Jackson, you can bet St.L will be running. Two injuries to note: First, Ari NT Kendrick Clancy aggravated a sore ankle last week and could miss some time. His absence would be damaging because he's an excellent run defender. His backup, rookie Gabe Watson, doesn't have the stamina to play an entire game, and he's not nearly as good as Clancy. Second, don't forget the Cards just lost DE Bertrand Berry. While primarily a pass rusher, his presence will be missed trying to contain Jackson.

Summary

Both teams will focus on establishing the run. The only concern is the big play ability of both of these offenses. However, Ari has gone over 46.5 points once in their last 5 games, and St. Louis has gone over 46.5 once in their last 4 games. Ari ranks #28 in scoring offense and St. Louis is right about in the middle of the league. I think with the recent switch in playcalling in St. Louis after their 8 carry game, and Arizona's 6 carry game last week, both teams will capitalize on facing poor rush defenses.

Everyone is looking at Ari's over record in domes, but I have a different take on the game. Ari is 6-5 vs the Over this year, and StL is 4-6-1. And in the last 5 meetings dating back to the 2004 season, the Over is just 1-4, and the highest O/U was 50 and it went over. The reason it went over in that game (last fall) was St. L had 12 rushing attempts for only 6 yards, and w/ Kurt Warner at the helm, Ari called just 11 rushing plays for their starting RB (JJ Arrington).

Assuming both teams run the ball more this week, look at the other 4 games in the past 2 years when they have both tried to run, and you have 4 Unders that went U43.5, U44, U42 and U46.

One thing that is somewhat disconcerting is the line opened at 44.5 and in the span of 8 hours jumped from that to 46.5. Not sure what to read into that.... Right now Pinnacle has -105 on both the Under and the Over, so looks pretty even on both the Under and the Over. The Wagerline consensus has 61% on the Over, I know it's not the best indicator of the public but it is something to look at. If the line moves 2 points in 8 hrs, I'm thinking that has to be sharp money, so if they are liking the over and the public consensus is on the over, not sure where that leaves the Under. Still, the more I look at it the more I like the play.

Now is a good time to get on the Under if you like it because the juice is only -105. (Over is still -105 so now could be a time to take that too, unless you forsee it dropping prior to gametime.) If you like StL in this one, a good play could also be a same game, 6 point teaser, taking StL -0.5 and Under 52.5 for +100.

I have only posted one other total this year and that one hit 2 weeks ago.

Feedback

So, after reading this and using your own insight, what do you think? Do you like the over or do you like the under? Opinions are definitely appreciated.

i like the under in that game dre. wasn't my first choice of plays but after reading all that, i think you have an excellent angle. early on here, i like the bucs/steelers under 41 and the texans/raiders under 36.5. split my straight bets yesterday and snuck in a 3 team teaser with cent. mich +3, ravens +9, and under49.5. bengals proved more desperate and made the raven backers pay for it.

You want a Lock, bet from New York on the Boys. My Dad has a buddy there, and he is getting 1 pt by taking Dallas, as the Giants are favored in the Ny betting circles.

i would like that, then come back and bet the gmen and hope for a middle. interesting that you have the so called "americas team" which gets heavy betting action every week and the jints in a big market which gets them heavy action. still, it seems most think the cowboys prevail. from a handicapping standpoint, its hard not to look at the recent history of games played, which clearly favors dallas. the over would look like a great play if the weather doesn't intervene. i think it does. giants win a lower scoring affair.

So, after reading this and using your own insight, what do you think? Do you like the over or do you like the under? Opinions are definitely appreciated.

I'm down with the UNDER on this game. And you have solid angles/numbers to back it up.

Personally, I'm feeling extremely good about the Washington Redskins this weekend. :D

I'm down with the UNDER on this game. And you have solid angles/numbers to back it up.

Personally, I'm feeling extremely good about the Washington Redskins this weekend. :D

biggest line jumper of the week. started out as a pickem and now has the skins -2. the chiefs also got alot of early action moving them from 4 to 5.5. covers magazine stated that, and that action coming in on the carolina/philly game is coming in at a ratio of about 19/1 on carolina.

By the way, the GB and NYG lines moved due to Dr. Bob releasing his plays on those same games.

Here are his plays:

DR. BOB WRITEUPS

4 Star Selection

****PHILADELPHIA 23 Carolina (-3.0) 13

05:30 PM Pacific, 04-Dec-06

Philadelphia didn't cover at Indianapolis last Sunday night but that had nothing to do with having Jeff Garcia at quarterback in place of the injured Donovan McNabb. Garcia played fine and the offensive moved the ball as well as I expected them to. It was the defense, which is 0.5 yards per play better than average for the season (4.9 yppl allowed to teams that would combine to average 5.4 yppl against an average team) that suddenly played their worst game in years while allowing 7.3 yppl. I expect the Eagles' defense to bounce back this week and limit a mediocre Carolina attack that has averaged 5.2 yppl in 8 games with Steve Smith healthy (against teams that would allow 5.3 yppl). Philadelphia's offense obviously isn't as good without McNabb, but the running game is still good even when you take out McNabb's good rushing numbers and Jeff Garcia is a capable backup. Garcia averaged a decent 5.8 yards per pass play last week before getting hurt, but I'll be conservative and use his average of 5.4 yppp from the last 3 seasons combined. Adjusting for Garcia at quarterback instead of McNabb brings the Eagles' offense from 0.9 yppl better than average to 0.1 yppl worse than average, which is the same as the Panthers' offense. Carolina's defense is 0.4 yppl better than average, which isn't quite as good as the Eagles' defense, which is 0.5 yppl better than average even after last week's horrible outing. My math model favors Philadelphia by 3 ½ points in this game and the Eagles apply to a 61-20-2 ATS Monday night home team situation as well as a 221-132-1 ATS statistical match-up indicator. Carolina, meanwhile, applies to a negative 52-103-10 ATS statistical profile indicator and the Eagles look like a very good play with the combination of the technical support and the good line value. I'll take Philadelphia in a 4-Star Best Bet at +3 points or more, for 3-Stars from pick to +2 ½ points (and I'd even take them for 2-Stars as a favorite of 3 points or less).

3 Star Selection

***NY GIANTS 24 Dallas (-3.5) 18

01:15 PM Pacific, 03-Dec-06

There has not been a game all season that is stronger on a technical basis than this one. The Giants have lost 3 consecutive games and 4 straight to the number while the Cowboys have won and covered 3 consecutive games and look unbeatable. What better time than to go with New York? The Giants apply to a 35-9-1 ATS underdog bounce-back situation that is based on last week's upset loss to Tennessee and Dallas applies to a very negative 22-72-3 ATS road letdown situation that is based on their recent spread success. New York also applies to 210-109-15 ATS contrary indicator and a 220-132-11 ATS statistical profile indicator. There are a number of other strong situations that favor New York or go against the Cowboys in this game and it all adds up to give the Giants a 64% chance of covering at a fair line. The Giants' recent troubles can be directly traced to injuries on the defensive side of the ball, but one of their two All-Pro defensive ends, Osi Umenyiora (5 sacks in 6 games this season and 14.5 sacks last year), has practiced this week and is scheduled to return to the lineup for this game, as is CB Sam Madison and LB Brandon Short, who have both missed recent games. Only Michael Strahan is unlikely to return, but his production had been down this season (just 3 sacks in 8 games) so the Giants' defense should be pretty close to being back to where it was before the injuries took their toll the last 5 weeks. The Giants were 0.6 yppl better than average the first 6 games of the season with Umenyiora and Madison and I rate them at 0.4 yppl better than average with those two back but without Strahan. The Cowboys' offense is better now than it was when the Giants beat the Cowboys 36-22 in Dallas in week 7, as Tony Romo has done an incredible job leading the team. The Cowboys have averaged 6.1 yppl in Romo's 5 starts (against teams that would allow 5.2 yppl to an average team) and Dallas also has the edge from the line of scrimmage when the Giants have the ball. Overall the math favors the Cowboys by 4 ½ points in this game, but the situations and indicators that favor the Giants more than make up for the negative 1 point of line value. I'll take New York in a 3-Star Best Bet at +3 points or more and for 2-Stars as an underdog of less than 3 points.

3 Star Selection

***DENVER (-3.5) 27 Seattle 14

05:15 PM Pacific, 03-Dec-06

Seattle isn't all of the sudden a great team again just because Matt Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander are back in the lineup. Alexander had a great game last week, but he's still averaging just 3.5 ypr for the season and Hasselbeck has averaged only 5.4 yards per pass play in 7 games this season (against teams that would combine to allow 6.2 yppp to an average quarterback) and was horrible on Monday night against the Packers (4.0 yppp). In fact, Seattle only averaged 4.5 yppl against the Packers last week and they've averaged only 4.7 yppl in the 6 games that Hasselbeck has started and finished (against teams that would allow 5.3 yppl to an average team). In 4 games with both Hasselbeck and Alexander the Seahawks have averaged just 4.6 yppl (against teams that would combine to allow 5.4 yppl), so Seattle is still bad offensively. Seattle's defense is also worse than average, allowing 5.3 yppl to teams that would combine to average 5.1 yppl against an average team, and the Seahawks are perhaps the most overrated team in the league at this point. Denver is certainly not a great team, rating at 0.1 yppl better than average offensively and average on defense, but the insertion of Jay Cutler could provide a boost to a pass attack that has been a bit below average (5.7 yards per pass play against teams that would allow 5.8 yppp). Cutler has reportedly been clearly better than former start Jake Plummer in practices and coach Mike Shanahan wouldn't have made this move if he didn't think Cutler were ready to perform better than Plummer has (much like the situation in Dallas when Romo took over for Bledsoe). For now, I'll just assume the Broncos will be the same offensively and my math model favors Denver by 10 ½ points in this game, as the Broncos' good ground attack (4.7 ypr) moves the ball at will against a poor Seattle defensive front that has allowed 4.5 ypr this season to teams that would average just 4.1 ypr against an average defense. In addition to the line value, the Broncos apply to a very good 61-18-5 ATS statistical match-up indicator while Seattle applies to a negative 24-53-2 ATS road letdown situation. I'll take Denver in a 3- Star Best Bet at -4 points or less (4-Stars at -3 or less) and for 2-Stars from -4 ½ to - 6 points.

2 Star Selection

**GREEN BAY 26 NY Jets (-1.5) 19

10:00 AM Pacific, 03-Dec-06

The Jets may be 6-5, but they're no better than the 4-7 Packers. Green Bay has been average offensively with Brett Favre on the field (5.2 yards per play against teams that would allow 5.2 yppl to an average team) while the Packers' young defense is only 0.1 yppl worse than average (5.3 yppl allowed to teams that would average 5.2 yppl against an average team). The Jets, meanwhile, are 0.3 yppl worse than average on offense (4.8 yppl against teams that would allow 5.1 yppl) and 0.3 yppl worse than average defensively (5.4 yppl allowed to teams that would average 5.1 yppl against an average team). New York's only advantage is in special teams (1.9 points better) and my math model favors Green Bay by 3 points in this game. The Jets apply to a negative 52-103-10 ATS statistical profile indicator that suggests that they are not the type of team that would be successful as a road favorite and New York is 1-4 straight up following a victory this season. Green Bay, meanwhile, is 61% ATS after consecutive losses in Brett Favre's career, including 2-0 ATS this season (both straight up dog wins). I'll take Green Bay in a 2-Star Best Bet at +1 or more and for 3-Stars if the line goes up to +3 or more.

Strong Opinion

TENNESSEE 24 Indianapolis (-7.5) 26

10:00 AM Pacific, 03-Dec-06

The Colts won just 14-13 at Indianapolis in their earlier meeting with the Titans this season and Tennessee is an underrated team riding a 6-1 ATS streak. I expect that streak to continue this week against a Colts' team that I'm still not sold on. Indianapolis has averaged an impressive 6.1 yards per play, but they've allowed 5.4 yppl on defense and those are certainly not the stats of a dominating team. The Colts have found ways to win games but they've won only 3 of their 11 games by more than 7 points and my math model favors Indy by just 2 ½ points in this game against an improving Titans team that is just 0.1 yppl worse than average on both sides of the ball and good enough to compete at home against the Colts. I'll consider Tennessee a Strong Opinion at +7 points or more.

Strong Opinion

Tampa Bay 20 PITTSBURGH (-7.5) 21

01:15 PM Pacific, 03-Dec-06

Pittsburgh hit rock bottom last week in a 0-27 loss at Baltimore and the defending champs are now just 4-7 on the season. The Steelers are still a better than average team based on my ratings and they are much better than the Buccaneers even without defensive star Troy Polamalu and receiver Hines Ward. The loss of a star defensive player is usually worth no more than a point or point and a half and that's what I value Polamalu at, but Ward probably won't be missed given that he's averaged 8.2 yards per pass thrown to him while the other receivers have averaged a combined 8.4 ypa. The Steelers are 0.6 yppl better than average offensively and I rate them as average defensively without Polamalu. Those numbers a far superior to a Tampa Bay team that 0.8 yppl worse than average on offense and 0.1 yppl worse than average on defense without injured star Simeon Rice. Pittsburgh's problems this season have been turnovers (-12 turnover margin) and special teams (2.7 points per game worse than average), but my math model still favors Pittsburgh by 10 ½ points after factoring everything in. It's too bad that my math favors Pittsburgh because Tampa Bay applies to a very strong 48-5 ATS subset of a 134-69-1 ATS road underdog situation. Pittsburgh, meanwhile, applies to a negative 64- 128-6 ATS situation and those situations would give Tampa Bay a 62.4% chance of covering at a fair line. The line on this game isn't fair, however, and I'll consider Tampa Bay a Strong opinion at +7 or more and I would make the Bucs a 2-Star Best Bet only at +9 points or more.

i keep a blog about betting fantasy matchups, if interested its in my signature. they have some really good opportunties each week.

i keep a blog about betting fantasy matchups, if interested its in my signature. they have some really good opportunties each week.

The link?

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server. Please visit the Blogger homepage or the Blogger Knowledge Base for further assistance.

Maybe it's just my Internet connection. :D

Edited by Gunther