[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FLA / ARK game

wiegie

Yep and Ohio St. beat one of them Michigan, they did not play Wisconsin. The SEC has 3 teams in the top 10 as well and Florida beat both of them, LSU and Arkansas. Florida has the #1 toughest SOS in the country, is a 12-1 conference champion, and actually won their last game in this "quasi playoff" system we call the BCS. Why should Ohio St. have to beat Michigan twice back to back, makes no sense at all. Michigan had their shot, it is now Florida's turn.

You might as well beat your head into a wall. Nobody can touch the Big Ten conference. :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, we can really all stop beating our chests and measuring the lengths of our unmentionable part (mine is longest anyway).

The BCS is the problem. A playoff is needed. Of this, there can be no doubt, at least as I see it. Strength of conference is not as important as strength of team. If every team in the Big 10 had a losing record except Ohio State and then Ohio State whipped up on everyone in the playoffs, who would care that the Big Ten was weak--Ohio State would still be champion.

And in defense, again, of my Gators, our offense has generally only been adequate...sometimes worse. But our defense is outstanding--and defense tends to win championships. That doesn't mean Florida will win the NC, but I will be very surprised to see anything but a close game if Florida is involved.

If every team in the Big 10 had a losing record except Ohio State and then Ohio State whipped up on everyone in the playoffs, who would care that the Big Ten was weak--Ohio State would still be champion.

That's the problem. Most fans are not ready to crown Ohio State just because they are the big ten champs.