[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NO WAY Da Bears win in the playoffs with Rexy!

rocknrobn26

:D One INT was not his fault, but aren't the coaches talkin' to this guy??? Does he have that big of an ego??? WTH is the problem??? He has the tools, but it's like he's ignoring the obvious!

Discuss???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D One INT was not his fault, but aren't the coaches talkin' to this guy??? Does he have that big of an ego??? WTH is the problem??? He has the tools, but it's like he's ignoring the obvious!

Discuss???

:D remember the 2000 ravens????

Rex' nuts rise up into his throat when the pressure is on.

Unless something odd happens, he is NOT a championship QB

I think this was only the third game that I have watched him from start to finish. One of those games made me think he was headed to the Pro Bowl. Today he looks like he should be in the toilet bowl. It's a shame that those Bears don't have a better QB in place as that is a really good defense. They just need an offense that will not take them out of the game, IMO.

Lovie Smiths post game comments would scare me if I was a Bears fan..He kept repeating how they are 10-2 with Rex as their qb with a smirk on his face..You are 10-2 despite Rex grossman..Sooner or later you are going to have to put a game on his shoulders and he seems like he cant handle the load..The D is awesome and can win games for you but you need a competent qb as well IMO..

Lovie Smiths post game comments would scare me if I was a Bears fan..He kept repeating how they are 10-2 with Rex as their qb with a smirk on his face..You are 10-2 despite Rex grossman..Sooner or later you are going to have to put a game on his shoulders and he seems like he cant handle the load..The D is awesome and can win games for you but you need a competent qb as well IMO..

I wouldn't say they are 10-2 DESPITE Rex, but he's clearly riding along, not driving.

I wouldn't say they are 10-2 DESPITE Rex, but he's clearly riding along, not driving.

Fair enough..I still think hes very inconsistent and his confidence is shaky

Edited by whomper

Fair enough..I still think hes very inconsistent and his confidence is shaky

Yeah, you'd think that he'd have built his confidence up early in the season with is success, but it doesn't appear to have worked out that way.

Right now I'll take even the crappy Griese of a few years ago over Rex, let alone the reliable Griese from the last 2 years. The only reason he's not being benched is because the Bears are winning much more than they're losing. But this is the time they should try and find out about Griese, or else it'll be an early exit outta the playoffs again.

Lovie's an idiot if he sticks with him. Sadly, I think that he will.

This Bears D reminds me a lot of the 2000 Ravens D in that they're dominant enough to take over games and even win them outright if their offense doesn't turn the ball over. All they need is a veteran QB who can manage the offense, get them into FG range, and limit the turnovers. I really think that Griese could be this year's Trent Dilfer. Lovie needs to realize that putting the most efficient QB on the field is more important than developing Rex at this point.

He played one of the worst pass defenses in the league at home and he completed 6 passes for 34 yards with 3 INT's. I don't know how you can even consider continuing to start this guy. If Rex Grossman is the starting QB come playoff time I wouldn't buy too many plyoff tickets if you're a Bears fan.

Hester is a stud. :D

The defense isn't bad either. :D

But if your offense is that inept, mainly your QB, you will find it very difficult if not impossible to win in the playoffs.

The NFC is so messed up that the Bears might get to the Superbowl with Grossman under center, but I wouldn't bet on them beating whoever comes out of the AFC unless Grossman has one of his "Dr. Rex" (as opposed to Mr. Hyde) games.

Not a chance. Bears' schedule is softer than a baby's bottom. They'll fold against any NFC team with a solid running game and good defense.

Edited by Wolv

He played one of the worst pass defenses in the league at home and he completed 6 passes for 34 yards with 3 INT's. I don't know how you can even consider continuing to start this guy. If Rex Grossman is the starting QB come playoff time I wouldn't buy too many plyoff tickets if you're a Bears fan.

Couldn't agree more. When an NFL QB has trouble throwing to someone in the flat, it's time to look at the coaches and question what the hell are they thinking not preparing this kid or letting him continue to make mistakes week in and week out. That's what bothers me about Rex. He seems to have the tools but he cannot put them together vs. the bottom of the barrel pass D?

I traded for Rex hoping he could rebound and be a nice plug in for my playoffs. Instead, I will be relying on MartyBall and Rivers' weekly 10 points. Thanks, Rex.

I started Rex in one of my local money leageus, thinking he would be money against the sieve-like Vikings secondary. Every otehr QB in the league has been able to produce 300+ yard games with mutiple TDs against Minnesota. Plus Grossman was at home in cold weather against a dome team. He had everything going for him. So, not only did my Vikings not win a game that they clearly should have, but my FF teams lose too. I couldn't be more depressed this morning.

Think about this... Brad Johnson's final passer rating of 10.3 was almost ten times better than Grossman's sad rating of 1.3 :D:D:bash: