[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NO WAY Da Bears win in the playoffs with Rexy!

rocknrobn26

Different situation altogether. Cutler is a rookie. Griese is a vet who has played some solid football in the past.

Bad comparison. Cutler is a rookie. Griese is a veteran who has actually played at a high level for more than three or four games.

:D

:D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the point. The Bears have the defense and special team to win it all this season. Their Achilles Heel is Grossman's turnovers. All they need to do is replace him with a veteran who will make fewer mistakes. And if Griese gets hurt again (which is very possible), they still have Grossman.

The Bears shouldn't be worried about the future at this point. They have the tools to win it all NOW and need to put their best team on the field. Griese is the best option at QB.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you (although the benching of Grossman would seriously hamper my playoff chances in ConFusion...unless he continues to put up negative points :D ), I am just speculating on Lovie's POV.

The saddest thing to me about Rex is that teams are daring them to throw the ball. they stack the line so they can't run and give Grossman the whole field to work with. there is no way Muhammad should be being used this little. he is a possession WR who is capable of being Grossman best friend if he would look for him more.

Well, they ARE voting one another to the Pro Bowl team. :D

you know what really bothers me about grossman, he has trouble hitting his short passes. he throws to the wrong side of backs coming out of the backfield, he isn't accurate on timed patterns(hitting slant routes or quick outs), and basically puts the ball in places his wr's can no longer catch them. this wasn't the case earlier in the yr.

if you can't hit a rb with a three yard pass, what can you do?

you know what really bothers me about grossman, he has trouble hitting his short passes. he throws to the wrong side of backs coming out of the backfield, he isn't accurate on timed patterns(hitting slant routes or quick outs), and basically puts the ball in places his wr's can no longer catch them. this wasn't the case earlier in the yr.

if you can't hit a rb with a three yard pass, what can you do?

I'm in a minority here by continuing to believe Grossman is our best option but the short pass thing has bothered me a lot too. As I mentioned last week, this whole poor play thing seems to be an accuracy issue more than anything and that really ought to be both coachable and something that practice can resolve.

I think the Bears stick with Rex next week but if he stinks up the joint on MNF against a currently dead in the water STL, Lovie will probably make the change, giving Griese three games to get himself ready. The Bears do have at least one game to spare in the race for home field throughout.

Griese got half the 1st team reps this week?

http://www.fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=1292006bzt1574zu

and maybe Grossman doesn't start the 2nd half on MNF?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...bears-headlines

If Rex stinks it up, I imagine Smith will have little option but to put Griese in. The Bears still have much to play for and a good opportunity for Grossman to get back on track was blown against the poor Vikings pass D last week. This week, I think the Bears will lean towards the run, utilizing both Jones and Benson, taking some of the pressure off Grossman, especially as STLs run D is pretty porous. Grossman will do fine if the Bears build a lead early but if they fall behind and he has to assume the role of game winner, things could go south for him in a hurry, ushering in Griese.

In Chi it is a common, if not universal belief that the Bear's best QB is always on the bench!

When all evidence usually points to the fact that the "best" QB the Bears might have is probably not on the roster. :D