[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ohio State V Florida

The Next Generation

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you bashing Florida's offense might want to consider this, 8 of UF's opponents ranked among the top 50 in D. Only 6 of Ohio St's opponents were in the top 50 and you have to go to 80 to include their top 8. The average ranking of the top 8 Ds that each faced was 24.875 and 38.125 respectively. Just thought I'd put things in perspective.

Your passing game sure looks better when WRs are running free against future car salesmen and PE coaches.

I wont puss out and not make a prediction even though my biggest point is the lack of data to fairly compare the teams.

My thoughts, Florida plays ugly and causes OSU to do the same. Each team has enough gamebreakers to bust a few so each score despite the fact that there aren't many good drives.

FLA 27

OSU 24

I think it will be a closer game than what most people think.

1. History has proven the National Title game seems to always be pretty close and really 1 true blowout I remember.

2. Florida defense is very fast/quick that means off the ball and straight speed.

3. Leak could have the game of his life and OSU has not faired well against the spread offense.

4. Urban(the politician)Meyer is a good solid coach with over 30 days to prepare and has 2 weeks of play over the Bucks.

I do think it comes down to Florida's offense. OSU will put up points the question is can Florida not turn the ball over(Leak). I think what I have seen from Leak is he's a great qb that sometimes trys to do to much and force things which get's him in trouble. I also think for Florida to win the game they need ball control drives and keep Troy Smith and the Buckeyes on the sideline. Florida will be tempted to try to a fast pace up and down style offense it's their nature and what they have succeded in the past with. I believe they need to do the opposite. I can say I think OSU matched up better with USC and I think this will be a high scoring game. I think in the end it will be the high paced exciting game that could be won by either team and +8 is a little high for my taste. OSU 42 and Fla 35.

NOW I do not know how the injuries to both teams are. I think the Bucks will be at full strength. I do not know alot about how the Gators are injury wise.

I watched the Gators play LSU and was very impressed by the Gator's team game and play against what I felt was a better LSU. I think that's the type of game Florida has to have to beat OSU. I just can't see the Gators getting out of their race track mind set and trying to outscore the Bucks. I would do whatever I thought was neccesary to try to have that low scoring type game...JUST LIKE LSU.. Florida does that and they beat the mighty Buckeyes, if Florida trys to run with OSU. I think it favors OSU.

Edited by sacosud

I think it will be a closer game than what most people think.

1. History has proven the National Title game seems to always be pretty close and really 1 true blowout I remember.

2. Florida defense is very fast/quick that means off the ball and straight speed.

3. Leak could have the game of his life and OSU has not faired well against the spread offense.

4. Urban(the politician)Meyer is a good solid coach with over 30 days to prepare and has 2 weeks of play over the Bucks.

I do think it comes down to Florida's offense. OSU will put up points the question is can Florida not turn the ball over(Leak). I think what I have seen from Leak is he's a great qb that sometimes trys to do to much and force things which get's him in trouble. I also think for Florida to win the game they need ball control drives and keep Troy Smith and the Buckeyes on the sideline. Florida will be tempted to try to a fast pace up and down style offense it's their nature and what they have succeded in the past with. I believe they need to do the opposite. I can say I think OSU matched up better with USC and I think this will be a high scoring game. I think in the end it will be the high paced exciting game that could be won by either team and +8 is a little high for my taste. OSU 42 and Fla 35.

NOW I do not know how the injuries to both teams are. I think the Bucks will be at full strength. I do not know alot about how the Gators are injury wise.

I watched the Gators play LSU and was very impressed by the Gator's team game and play against what I felt was a better LSU. I think that's the type of game Florida has to have to beat OSU. I just can't see the Gators getting out of their race track mind set and trying to outscore the Bucks. I would do whatever I thought was neccesary to try to have that low scoring type game...JUST LIKE LSU.. Florida does that and they beat the mighty Buckeyes, if Florida trys to run with OSU. I think it favors OSU.

Good stuff here. The hardest part about Florida doing as you say they need to do is that their offense is more explosive than it is good, so I don't see them marching down the field controlling the ball. Rather failing to move the ball at all until that insanely fast freshman that blew up Ark finds a crease and takes it to the house. On the other hand, as I pointed out in another post, Florida was up against a lot tougher Ds all year than Ohio St. was, so Florida's offense may not be as ugly as it appears.

Above I predicted a win for Florida but, honestly, that was rather knee jerk because every one was piling on. I would actually be pleasantly surprised if Florida actually wins this game and while I agree the line is a tad too big for Ohio St., I'm not jumping all over Florida and the pts.

Good stuff here. The hardest part about Florida doing as you say they need to do is that their offense is more explosive than it is good, so I don't see them marching down the field controlling the ball. Rather failing to move the ball at all until that insanely fast freshman that blew up Ark finds a crease and takes it to the house. On the other hand, as I pointed out in another post, Florida was up against a lot tougher Ds all year than Ohio St. was, so Florida's offense may not be as ugly as it appears.

Above I predicted a win for Florida but, honestly, that was rather knee jerk because every one was piling on. I would actually be pleasantly surprised if Florida actually wins this game and while I agree the line is a tad too big for Ohio St., I'm not jumping all over Florida and the pts.

Just curious as to how you have come to the conclusion that Ohio States defense is worse than a lot of the defenses Florida has played this year?

edit. never mind, I missread what you said. I need more coffee.

Edited by Cameltosis

Does no one sense the de ja vu here. The last time OSU played for the national championship:

They were big time dogs (18 1/2 if I remember correctly). The Bucks D was their strength that year, with the offense, to put it mildly, was mediocre. All the so called experts and college football gurus concluded that the OSU defense looked good in a slow 3 yards and a cloud of dust Big Ten, but just could not run with the speed and playmaking of the 'Canes. Shoe appears to be on the other foot now.

Short story long, put all of the BCS, and my conference is superior to yours crap that is spewed on here all season long, aside. Until bowl time, the strength of the best teams from the best conferences cannot be accurately compared. That, and only that is why I am glad it is not a rematch. I pulled for an OSU\USC and a MI\FLA, so this is the next best thing. Of course that is why the +1 game would be spectacular.

Only difference here, is no one is saying Ohio State can beat an NFL team, like they were about the 02 Hurricanes (who people were touting as the greatest team ever, and even better than there 01 team).

One more 'slight' difference. The '02 Bucks didn't lose at all. :D