[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colston

daboz

Numerous Saints players on midweek injured report

December 6, 2006

METAIRIE, La. (AP) -- The Saints' top two receivers, Marques Colston and Joe Horn, missed practice again Wednesday and were listed as questionable for Sunday night's game at Dallas.

Reggie Bush also sat out with a mild shoulder sprain but was listed as probable, while starting right offensive tackle Jon Stinchcomb also was listed as probable after missing practice with a stomach virus.

Defensive end Will Smith, who missed last Sunday's game with a bruised right knee, returned to practice, but the Saints again listed him as questionable.

The Saints also listed Scott Fujita as probable with a sore ankle, although he practiced.

Horn started on Sunday, but on his first catch in the first quarter he aggravated a nagging groin injury that had kept him out of two previous games. He did not return to action.

Colston, who has not played for nearly three full games, said Wednesday that he is making progress on his sprained left ankle.

He said he has the strength to push off and play, but that he would be doing so in pain and possibly risking further injury. For that reason, trainers are taking a conservative approach with him as the Saints, leading the NFC South, make a push for the playoffs.

"For a while it was getting pretty frustrating, but you've got to realize it's something that comes with this game," Colston said. "You just try to keep a positive attitude and get back as soon as possible.

"Physically I can probably get out there and push through some of the pain, but on Wednesday that really doesn't help too much, so we're just trying to be smart about it," he said.

Edited by CD6405

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOre to read...

News: Saints WR Marques Colston, who has not played for nearly three full games, said Wednesday that he is making progress on his sprained left ankle. He said he has the strength to push off and play, but that he would be doing so in pain and possibly risking further injury. For that reason, trainers are taking a conservative approach with him as the Saints, leading the NFC South, make a push for the playoffs. "For a while it was getting pretty frustrating, but you've got to realize it's something that comes with this game," Colston said. "You just try to keep a positive attitude and get back as soon as possible. Physically I can probably get out there and push through some of the pain, but on Wednesday that really doesn't help too much, so we're just trying to be smart about it."

MOre to read...

News: Saints WR Marques Colston, who has not played for nearly three full games, said Wednesday that he is making progress on his sprained left ankle. He said he has the strength to push off and play, but that he would be doing so in pain and possibly risking further injury. For that reason, trainers are taking a conservative approach with him as the Saints, leading the NFC South, make a push for the playoffs. "For a while it was getting pretty frustrating, but you've got to realize it's something that comes with this game," Colston said. "You just try to keep a positive attitude and get back as soon as possible. Physically I can probably get out there and push through some of the pain, but on Wednesday that really doesn't help too much, so we're just trying to be smart about it."

That's the exact thing I posted RIGHT above you.

This thread has turned a bit wacko. :D

To me it's looking like we will not have Colston this weekend. He may be able to play and will be a gametime decision once again. I doubt Payton will let any more info than that slip until Sunday. Until then we will just have to suffer through the hearsay from the local media. In the past week I've heard positive & negative reports, many of which conflict with each other. There's one reporter saying this morning that both him & Horn will play Sunday, but given Horn has a slight groin tear I don't see how that's possible so it leads me to believe he has bogus info. The most reliable info is saying that Colston has a high ankle sprain as well as a sore achilles. It also says that he is still not practicing & will try to make it a go by Friday. The real truth of the matter is that the only person who really knows is Payton & I doubt he's going to let on before Sunday. So, until then we just have to suffer.

As for the questions about Copper & Devery...I think Devery would be a fine plugin whether Colston plays or not. Horn will almost definately not play and the Saints will need him to stretch the field. Copper will likely get a few tosses, but I'm guessing that Bush will once again be highly active in the passing game as well as the TE.

As for the questions about Copper & Devery...I think Devery would be a fine plugin whether Colston plays or not. Horn will almost definately not play and the Saints will need him to stretch the field. Copper will likely get a few tosses, but I'm guessing that Bush will once again be highly active in the passing game as well as the TE.

Started Henderson (Colston on my bench) last week and thought I would get a decent day of production out of him vs. SF. I wondering if Bush is now going continue eating into Henderson's value until Colston and or Horn show back up. Certainly will be a test vs. Dallas this week.

Started Henderson (Colston on my bench) last week and thought I would get a decent day of production out of him vs. SF. I wondering if Bush is now going continue eating into Henderson's value until Colston and or Horn show back up. Certainly will be a test vs. Dallas this week.

I did the same (as well as many others I'm sure). I'm hoping that was one of those one week "anomalies", but it does have me a bit concerned.

I just hope they outright bench Colston, I'm afraid they will start him and then he will only be in for a couple plays. I will probably go with rajn's comment and just start Devery regardless of what ends up happening with Colston at gametime.

I did the same (as well as many others I'm sure). I'm hoping that was one of those one week "anomalies", but it does have me a bit concerned.

I just hope they outright bench Colston, I'm afraid they will start him and then he will only be in for a couple plays. I will probably go with rajn's comment and just start Devery regardless of what ends up happening with Colston at gametime.

After Bush's performance last week you can bet that DAL will be making some defensive plans for him...

I think that will give our boy Henderson a better chance of getting a little action...

Da Boy's FAST TOO... :D

Boz

I agree that Copper is a good play this week....Henderson will get the attention by the secondary and after last week Parcells will have a plan to keep Bush out of making big plays. Copper has a lot to prove to his former employer.... I pick up Copper this week off waivers because I thought Colston would be out and I think I may be right. I also have Marty Booker who has been hot lately but think I will roll the dice and go for the home run with Copper.

From Yahoo...not like it's credible.

"Update: Horn (groin) has missed practiced all week and is expected to miss Sunday's game against Dallas, ESPN's John Clayton reports.

Recommendation: Devery Henderson figures to start in Horn's place, while Terrance Copper could wind up getting the nod in Marques Colston's spot, as Colston is '50-50' for Sunday's game. We'll monitor Horn's status for any changes, but it appears you'll need to look elsewhere for a receiver in Week 14."

I thought Henderson would replace Colston. Any thoughts? Right now I have Henderson in the lineup. Being a late game Sunday, this could really hurt me if he doesn't play. I have no one playing Monday.

From Yahoo...not like it's credible.

"Update: Horn (groin) has missed practiced all week and is expected to miss Sunday's game against Dallas, ESPN's John Clayton reports.

Recommendation: Devery Henderson figures to start in Horn's place, while Terrance Copper could wind up getting the nod in Marques Colston's spot, as Colston is '50-50' for Sunday's game. We'll monitor Horn's status for any changes, but it appears you'll need to look elsewhere for a receiver in Week 14."

I thought Henderson would replace Colston. Any thoughts? Right now I have Henderson in the lineup. Being a late game Sunday, this could really hurt me if he doesn't play. I have no one playing Monday.

Hendy will play its just a matter of how many looks he gets,,, I think a lot. NO doesn't want anyone to know what’s up with their WR situation.

I have a hunch that Hendy will be the #1 receiver this week.

Bump. Let's keep this up there. Only 1 hour before gametime and I need as much info as possible with the playoffs on the line. Need to choose between Colston, Copper and Muhammed for last WR spot. Anyone have the gametime info yet?

Edited by Tally