[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why Florida deserves the NC game

detlef

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aha, but here's the rub

the reason that LSU went ahead of Wisconsin was due to a change in the computer rankings not the polls (and basically the same is true with respect to Louisville). But in the case of FLA/UM, the computer numbers for FLA are not high enough to push them over the top--it had to be a change in the polls that caused them to go higher.

So, I will put the burden back on you to prove me wrong. Show me a case where the #2 ranked team in the nation fell in the polls while they were on a midseason bye. If you can find a case, you win. (I haven't checked, perhaps such a case exists, and if you find it, I will happily admit that I am wrong.)

FYI: Did you know how Michigan got ranked so high? Check this out if you want.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsinde...seasonYear=2006

Michigan was ranked 11th in the AP prior to their visit to Notre Dame. Big win over ND(???) propelled the Wolverines to #6 over several teams that weren't on bye but teams that actually won that weekend. I don't know what to say. That's football guys. That's all it is. :D

BTW, to truly measure strength of schedule, you should also check the strength of schedule of the teams you played. I believe the RPI that they use in hoops does this. It just so happens I did this. Teams on Florida's schedule averaged 35 in the country (6 opponents with SOS in the top 25) while teams on Michigan averaged 47 (3 opponents with SOS in top 25).

That makes the gap a bit wider.

Did you know Florida's SOS does not include the mighty division 1-AA team they played in Nov.???

2-9 Western Carolina is not added into Florida's SOS due to WC being a D 1-AA school if it had Michigan would have been over the great Florida's SOS.

Just so you know.

Edited by sacosud