[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BCS for Dummies

Rockerbraves

It's sad when the perspective is as screwed up as the poster. The facts are what the facts are. USC is CLEARLY the best College football program over the last 5 years. 2 National Championships and totally dominating their Conference and Out of Conference opponents, year after year. This year starting 15 true freshman. 59-6! Incredible run and it's only the beginning :D

Sc lost to 2 unranked teams this yr, and I dont see a Bush or Leinart back there, and there wont be a Jarrett or S Smith next yr either. I hardly think that is just the beginning. I keep hearing how great SC will be next yr and I dont buy it. This team playing in any other conference they lose 2 games every yr, not just this yr. SC may get to another NC game because they dont play anyone, if they can actually beat the no ones they have lost to this yr in the near future. But just like vs UCLA, they will lay an egg when all the marbles are on the table. They won their 1 NC, and probably wont win another one for a long while.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sc lost to 2 unranked teams this yr, and I dont see a Bush or Leinart back there, and there wont be a Jarrett or S Smith next yr either. I hardly think that is just the beginning. I keep hearing how great SC will be next yr and I dont buy it. This team playing in any other conference they lose 2 games every yr, not just this yr. SC may get to another NC game because they dont play anyone, if they can actually beat the no ones they have lost to this yr in the near future. But just like vs UCLA, they will lay an egg when all the marbles are on the table. They won their 1 NC, and probably wont win another one for a long while.

Yes, they are gone, but the most impressive thing about SC is that defense. Who knows if they win it, but they will be in the conversation just as they have been for the last few years.

Could you have fallen any further? :bash::clap:

Pac-10 Conference (clearly one of the best year in and year out) Arkansas, Nebraska, Notre Dame and Michigan. You're right ...... SC doesn't play anyone :D

BTW, In those 4 OOC games USC outscored their opponents 154-66 and 28 of those opponents points were scored when USC pulled their defensive starters because the game was out of reach! Simply ..... impressive!

The more you talk, the less credibility you have. :D

Edited by theprofessor

Yes, they are gone, but the most impressive thing about SC is that defense. Who knows if they win it, but they will be in the conversation just as they have been for the last few years.

Too bad they didn't have a defense last year.

I hate OU and they'd still beat USC, all of these losses at the wrong time....if you put it backwards and have usc lost two early games to ucla and oregon do they even sniff the top 10? OU lost 2 games early on and had to make up a lot more ground, and I think they're a better team. Sarge has a point here, I mean UCLA to play in the title, and they choke? No QB and no Peterson and the end up landing the shi* bowl to stomp on boise state. I'm wonder where all those big east fans went, they probably think BS has a chance vs OU. Michigan will steamroll usc like nothing else, and that's what everyone assumes (if not, they shouldn't even be considered for the NC and Florida is/was the right choice). I think Ohio State, Florida, and Michigan would thump USC around, so there wasn't much they could do there. I get so sidetracked in these arguments, but OU was also robbed blind in Oregon. The bcs sucks, bring on the playoff!

Droobie...don't mean to pick on you. Believe me you weren't the only one feeling this way back in early December. However isn't it sort of interesting the way the bowl games turned out much like the BCS ranked them so far?

November is the most important month in college football. Bowl bids, coaching jobs and future leaders are either solidified or destroyed. The NCAA calls it's football season a 12-game playoff. November is when a loss is heard across the nation and when travel plans are set in glee or dismay. November is to college football what December is to the pro game; the absolute best the sport has to offer.

Conclusion: Michigan's loss in November is what doomed the Wolverines.

For Sarge's Information: LSU celebrated it's third consecutive season in which the school went undefeated in November which help propel LSU to a #4 ranking in the final BCS standings.

The actual body of the NCAA has nothing to do with D1 football, so D1 college football calls it a 12-game PO, not the NCAA. THe only way the NCAA get's involved is if a said school committs infractions and get's put on probation-then when rules are broken the governing body of the NCAA comes into play with schlorship reduction and baishment form post-season play. THe teams that stay clean and compete do so outside of the body of the NCAA.

Edited by PantherDave