[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

want a laugh? Guy in my league missed the play-offs who owns LT

rai

My league is a modified yards/TD league, even more heavily favored to RBs who catch the ball. We get 1 for 20 rush and 1 for 10 rec yards.

I had LT pegged as number one on my draft board over LJ by a long way since LT catches the ball.

This guy who drafted LT got him at a huge discount (IMO) at the 4th pick in a 10 team league. I'm not sure how the rest of his draft order went but he may have got FWP in the 2nd round.

Now discount QBs b/c there were so many good QBs on the WW, for example I picked up Kitna and Vick off the WW and they both are in the top 10 of my league in scoring, Romo is not in the top 10 but for the last 6 games or so he is top five. My point is there were a ton of QBs to be had anywhere in the draft.

For WRs the difference bt #1 and #20 is just 52 points, just 4 points per game. The difference b/t 1 and number number 10 is just 2 points a game.

My point is drafting this or that QB or QR is not going to make a big difference, K or TE also just talking about 3 points per game difference b/t first and 10th position.

Now this guy has LT who in my system scored:::: 270 points that's 90 more points that 2nd place (LJ) almost 7 PPG more.

270 points is .......... 169 points more than 10th place (chester 101 points)>>> that's 14 PPG more.

LT is almost like having three Chester Taylors on your team and count as one player........

Top of that he has FWP (132 points 5th in the league pending westbrook tonight) so combined his RBs have scored 402 points (plus who ever he has in the by-weeks) so lets just say 402 points for those two.

---------

Well sucks to be him, but I'm so glad to have LT out of the play-offs.

I thought LT is the guy who wins the title all by himself, like LJ did last year we have two 10 team leagues and play separate until the championship. Last year both LJ owners went to the championship. This year I guess I may see LT if I go all the way, but at least on my side of the bracket, din-dong the witch is dead, no more LT to worry about (WOO_HOO)

EDIT:

Just checked, it looks like LT owner is out of the other bracket also (thats almost impossible for me to imagine, but if it holds up pending tonight, than 2 LT owners miss the play-offs in a year where he's the best FF RB of all tiem) :D

Edited by rai

rest of his team is that bad? cuz most of my team isnt very good, but LT has carried me and im #2 seed at worst in my playoffs. but our scoring system is much different than yours in regards to rushing. 1pt/5 yds.

and i cant tell from this thread if you're trying to diss LT or diss the owner? lol. LT doesnt control ur fantasy league :D

Edited by Akfatha

We could have 4 of the top 5 drafters/picks out of the playoffs. They took

1. LJ

2. SA

3. LT

5. Ronnie Brown...though I traded for Brown in Week 8 so he could get a ring with me :D.

The Tiki owner, at #4, could get in based on points, not record though (he's 6-7 or something).

rest of his team is that bad? cuz most of my team isnt very good, but LT has carried me and im #2 seed at worst in my playoffs. but our scoring system is much different than yours in regards to rushing. 1pt/5 yds.

and i cant tell from this thread if you're trying to diss LT or diss the owner? lol. LT doesnt control ur fantasy league :D

No I love LT, if I had him I'd probably have won every game, I had Chester/Tiki who both are top 12 RBs so not so bad, but TL is like having them both plus Bush (all three) count as one player, plus FWP he has similar to 4 top 10 RBs starting every week, but only counts as 2 players.

Now FWP has done him wrong these past 2 weeks and probably cost him the play-offs, so it's not his fault, I'm just shocked when LT scores 25 every week and typically 75 wins a game, its hard to se ehow he can't scrape another 50 points from 7 other players (and our average QB scores 20 points).

The rest of his team is not bad;

Delohm and McNair

Jones-drew, FWP, LT

Cholston, Chad, Darell Jackson

clark , Stevens

Wilkons

Ravens

So he has the 2nd best D and his WRs and QBs are solid. He must have had his share of BAD BEATS. I can't blame him, he couln't do much more.

I think he has the TOP TEAM and (I probably have number 2 team), just glad to see him out of the way.

he's dissing the owner. frankly, you have to be a bad owner or very unlucky to not make playoffs with LT.

Not really dissing the owner, I'm just so glad to have the best player out of the way, I played his team last week with the Ravens had 9 sacks and gave him a total of 18 points on top of LTs 3 or 4 TDs.

Just goes to show how cruel FF can be.

Check out this team that may not make the playoffs in my league

-Drew Brees, Tony Romo

-Larry Johnson, Thomas Jones, Frank Gore

-Lavernoeus Coles, Marquis Colston, Marvin Harrison, Matt Jones, couple others

-Jason Whitten

-Jaguars Defense

The team winning his division has

-Brett Favre

-Caddy Williams, Willie Parker

-Sammie Parker, Josh Reed, Donald Driver

-Kellen Winslow

-Bears and Broncos Defense

Team #1 above came into this week 7-5, Team #2 was 9-3

Team 1 has scored 2265 points and team 2 has scored 1847 points.

Team 1 has a Rotissere record of 85-47 and team 2 hass a Rotissiere record of 61-71

Team #2 seemed to play teams that had terrible weeks and team #1 was getting beaten even while scoring 200 points at times. Our league just went to the Head-To-Head format last year and we all like it and it's more fun, but it's a very lucky system...that being said, Team #1 should be winning his division, but has sat the JAX defense 5 times this year, with 3 of those decisions costing him head to head wins...and he may lose this week with Jax on his bench (for KC)...

Now FWP has done him wrong these past 2 weeks and probably cost him the play-offs, so it's not his fault, I'm just shocked when LT scores 25 every week and typically 75 wins a game, its hard to se ehow he can't scrape another 50 points from 7 other players (and our average QB scores 20 points).

The rest of his team is not bad;

Delohm and McNair

Jones-drew, FWP, LT

Cholston, Chad, Darell Jackson

clark , Stevens

Wilkons

Ravens

So he has the 2nd best D and his WRs and QBs are solid. He must have had his share of BAD BEATS. I can't blame him, he couln't do much more.

I think he has the TOP TEAM and (I probably have number 2 team), just glad to see him out of the way.

edit: plus the title of the thread starts.... "want a laugh?" you, at least intially, wanted us to laugh with you at the owner's downfall (which is fine with me as i have no sypmathy for LT and LJ owners who don't make playoffs). being able to start 1-2 extra rb's based on a dice role has little to do with ff ability imo.

Edited by Bier Meister

Guess I feel a little bitter never get the top 4 pick, (at least that I can remember) at least last year EVERY SINGLE OWNER had a chance to pick up LJ several times over since he was a late round pick.

I just had a feeling that LT was going to be big this year, I didn't know he was going to be so big, almost 3x Tiki. If you told me an owner with LT, FWP and Ravens D as wellas Colston, Chad, etc.. was going to miss the play-offs I'd have said it was impossible.

It's true the head-to-head format is a lot about luck who plays the team that happens to be off the hook that one week.

Edited by rai

Guess I feel a little bitter never get the top 4 pick, (at least that I can remember) at least last year EVERY SINGLE OWNER had a chance to pick up LJ several times over since he was a late round pick.

I just had a feeling that LT was going to be big this year, I didn't know he was going to be so big, almost 3x Tiki. If you told me an owner with LT, FWP and Ravens D as wellas Colston, Chad, etc.. was going to miss the play-offs I'd have said it was impossible.

It's true the head-to-head format is a lot about luck who plays the team that happens to be off the hook that one week.

Agreed, perhaps consider H2H with total pts next year. IMO, that's the best kind of league.

Edited by The Next Generation

he's dissing the owner. frankly, you have to be a bad owner or very unlucky to not make playoffs with LT.

Unlucky LT owner here who lead the league in pts and finished 5-7-1 in a 12 man league and missed the playoffs. Just one of those years. :D

My league is a modified yards/TD league, even more heavily favored to RBs who catch the ball. We get 1 for 20 rush and 1 for 10 rec yards.

I had LT pegged as number one on my draft board over LJ by a long way since LT catches the ball.

This guy who drafted LT got him at a huge discount (IMO) at the 4th pick in a 10 team league. I'm not sure how the rest of his draft order went but he may have got FWP in the 2nd round.

Now discount QBs b/c there were so many good QBs on the WW, for example I picked up Kitna and Vick off the WW and they both are in the top 10 of my league in scoring, Romo is not in the top 10 but for the last 6 games or so he is top five. My point is there were a ton of QBs to be had anywhere in the draft.

For WRs the difference bt #1 and #20 is just 52 points, just 4 points per game. The difference b/t 1 and number number 10 is just 2 points a game.

My point is drafting this or that QB or QR is not going to make a big difference, K or TE also just talking about 3 points per game difference b/t first and 10th position.

Now this guy has LT who in my system scored:::: 270 points that's 90 more points that 2nd place (LJ) almost 7 PPG more.

270 points is .......... 169 points more than 10th place (chester 101 points)>>> that's 14 PPG more.

LT is almost like having three Chester Taylors on your team and count as one player........

Top of that he has FWP (132 points 5th in the league pending westbrook tonight) so combined his RBs have scored 402 points (plus who ever he has in the by-weeks) so lets just say 402 points for those two.

---------

Well sucks to be him, but I'm so glad to have LT out of the play-offs.

I thought LT is the guy who wins the title all by himself, like LJ did last year we have two 10 team leagues and play separate until the championship. Last year both LJ owners went to the championship. This year I guess I may see LT if I go all the way, but at least on my side of the bracket, din-dong the witch is dead, no more LT to worry about (WOO_HOO)

EDIT:

Just checked, it looks like LT owner is out of the other bracket also (thats almost impossible for me to imagine, but if it holds up pending tonight, than 2 LT owners miss the play-offs in a year where he's the best FF RB of all tiem) :D

Is there gonna be a quiz on this?

The LT owner from my local did not make the playoffs either! He started 1-7 and finished 6-7 just missing the playoffs. The team was not all that bad either. He rode Plummer too long and Reggie Bush just didn't come alive quick enough as this league is weighted towards TDs a little. Being in the playoffs I'm happy to not have to face him.

In Bastage the last wild card is the highest remaining point scorer. I'm in one league, the second highest scorer but well out of the playoffs. Luck plays a large role.

I have LT in my local so I decided to look at how I fared over the season.

There are three weeks that LT did not perform well. Obvously, one was Week 3 (his bye week) and Weeks 4 and 5. I managed to win in my local during his bye week but lost Weeks 4 (blowout) and 5 (very close).

So there are three weeks where LT couldn't win the games "all by himself" on anyone's roster.

Edited by Gunther