[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge

Endzone

Its totally a Denny Green SOP if you ask me. He did the same thing in Minnesota with Robert Smith and Leroy Hoard. I think he believes that pounding it in at the goal line is just too punishing for his featured RB or something like that. Its just the way he likes to run things and it wont change. Has nothing to do with Edge IMO.

for some reason, Edge is not the best short yardage back in the world. his first couple years, he was awesome. Always converted.

Part of the problem has been his o-lines in Indy and Arizona. Not exactly the best run blocking units. Part of the problem in Indy was unimaginative play calling when it came to runs. And honestly, Edge is a little slow to the hole.

I called attention to this in the game vs. the Bears. They were pulling Edge on third downs too, which makes no sense.

As a guy who drafted Edge in the first round this year in one league, I feel the pain. Barely squeaked into the play-offs as the last seed.