[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets get 7th win....

Rovers

OK... I just was looking for someone to vouch for you wildcat... and if Menudo says yer good to go, that's plenty enough for me. We have a bet. If the Jets win 7, I win.... anything less than that I owe you a 20 spot.

I'm a mustard? :D OK.... so I'm a mustard.

Just a little reminder.... the Jets went into GB in week 12 and got their 7th win on the year, 38-10. :D

Although he won the bet we made last year we both sent our money to the same place to hold and his check was there..I would trust him on it.

I'm not worried about 20 bucks.... it's more the "I told ya so" value that I'm enjoying..... :D

I'm not worried about 20 bucks.... it's more the "I told ya so" value that I'm enjoying..... :D

Right here my man. Well done- I must say they looked awful early on, and are playing some decent football now. That schedule is playing out nicely for em, I really didn't know it was so kind. Funny how these things change so quickly, Tenn is now a tough out also.

Right here my man. Well done- I must say they looked awful early on, and are playing some decent football now. That schedule is playing out nicely for em, I really didn't know it was so kind. Funny how these things change so quickly, Tenn is now a tough out also.

Cat... you could have held out for 8 wins... lol. Yes, the schedule is as soft as they come. But, I saw things I liked. I knew the defense would improve over the season going to Mangini's new 3-4 scheme, but lately it's been actually very good. Still soft against the run some, but better... they have given up an average of only 11.2 points per game the last 4 weeks.

Few injuries as well, most notably a healthy Pennington. I'm a homer, but not a blind homer. This team won't be a legit Supe contender till 2008, but they aren't easy to beat.

The big difference is the coaching. Schottenhiemer is a brilliant OC, and he'll get HC offers after 2007 for sure. The young CS has made some mistakes, but they certainly aren't conservative. They truely do play to win, and will take risks, sometimes too many risks, but that is a pleasant change from Herm Edwards' style.

Incredibly... they have a real shot at the playoffs. That I admit is soley due to the soft schedule, but for a rebuilding year, it's been a lot more fun to watch this year.

FishFreak... you may get your revenge yet.... that Miami game could be the game that decides whether or not the Jets get the wild card.

FishFreak... you may get your revenge yet.... that Miami game could be the game that decides whether or not the Jets get the wild card.

The fact alone that the Fish are in a "spoilers" position is insulting enough. The Jets were supposed to be spoilers with the Fish challenging for the division. Props to your staff and whoever made the drafting decisions. Saban could learn from that before it's too late.

The fact alone that the Fish are in a "spoilers" position is insulting enough. The Jets were supposed to be spoilers with the Fish challenging for the division. Props to your staff and whoever made the drafting decisions. Saban could learn from that before it's too late.

LOL.... wasn't tryin to insult, but it is what it is, in the words of Hermie Edwards and the rest of the cliche masters.

Hey, Menudo..... you said WC2334 would never have to pay up on this bet.... well,he's a stand up guy and he will. Oh, you meant the Jets would never win 7 though..... you weren't talking about WC. I guess I picked the wrong year for a sig bet with you.... I woulda won in a rematch! :D:bash::D

LOL.... wasn't tryin to insult, but it is what it is, in the words of Hermie Edwards and the rest of the cliche masters.

Hey, Menudo..... you said WC2334 would never have to pay up on this bet.... well,he's a stand up guy and he will. Oh, you meant the Jets would never win 7 though..... you weren't talking about WC. I guess I picked the wrong year for a sig bet with you.... I woulda won in a rematch! :bash::clap::D

A sig bet that you never payed if I remember correctly........ :D:huh:

Congrats on the Jets good year, but, you are kind of pulling a 'Menudo' here. Over the last several years, I've gotten your camp reports on the Jets, and you are always exteremely optimistic. Two years ago, you had me drafting Justin McCairins as my sleeper :tup: Now, you are proven right, and you are shoving it in people's faces, which has garnered some respect and admirations from me.... :doh::lol:

A sig bet that you never payed if I remember correctly........ :D:huh:

Congrats on the Jets good year, but, you are kind of pulling a 'Menudo' here. Over the last several years, I've gotten your camp reports on the Jets, and you are always exteremely optimistic. Two years ago, you had me drafting Justin McCairins as my sleeper :bash: Now, you are proven right, and you are shoving it in people's faces, which has garnered some respect and admirations from me.... :clap::lol:

Never paid up on? that is BOGUS B-S!

As far as being wrong, I surely admit to that, but I hit FAR more often than I miss. I was wrong on McCariens, I was wrong on Pennington last year, but that was due to injuries. Unlike you, I haven't predicted that my team would win the Super Bowl every year.... in fact I have never said the Jets would win the Supe either on this board or elsewhere.

I lost two sig bets to you, and paid up on both. One was who would have a better season record, the other was that playoff game... remember the one where "Steeler" got all P-O'd because I spelt Pittsburgh without the "h"? Even if you were joking... low class move.

As far as being right.... I called C Martin's resurgance in 2004, I called him as being done before the preseason this year. I called Rhodes as a potential stud before he ever played a game. I called Coleman and Vilma as "trade now" players before this season started. I said C Houston would beat out Barlow.... it just took longer than I thought it would. It's not like I said McCariens would be some uber-stud.... I called him a sleeper.

On the other hand, you always predict nothing but wine and roses for your team. This bet wasn't about even making the playoffs... it was about winning only 7 games. I am not the blind homer you are. Big difference between what I say about my team of choice vs. your blind homerism.

Better get your facts straight before you call me out for not paying up on a bet, sig line or otherwise. Calling someone a welcher isn't something that should be thrown around like this, men-u-do. Low class move, pal. Compare me to you? :tup: I always thought yopu were a fool, but an entertaining one.... call me a welcher? Kiss my :D

Rubbing people's noses in it? For winning 7 games? :doh: Calling ANYONE menudo-like is a grave insult. That is Ugly Tuna territory.

Cat... you could have held out for 8 wins... lol. Yes, the schedule is as soft as they come. But, I saw things I liked. I knew the defense would improve over the season going to Mangini's new 3-4 scheme, but lately it's been actually very good. Still soft against the run some, but better... they have given up an average of only 11.2 points per game the last 4 weeks.

Few injuries as well, most notably a healthy Pennington. I'm a homer, but not a blind homer. This team won't be a legit Supe contender till 2008, but they aren't easy to beat.

The big difference is the coaching. Schottenhiemer is a brilliant OC, and he'll get HC offers after 2007 for sure. The young CS has made some mistakes, but they certainly aren't conservative. They truely do play to win, and will take risks, sometimes too many risks, but that is a pleasant change from Herm Edwards' style.

Incredibly... they have a real shot at the playoffs. That I admit is soley due to the soft schedule, but for a rebuilding year, it's been a lot more fun to watch this year.

I think there is no one on thiis board who knows the Jets as well as Rovers. Well done pal...I'd NEVER have thunk 7 wins...and I was a season ticket holder and as optimistic as they come!

As far as being wrong, I surely admit to that, but I hit FAR more often than I miss. I was wrong on McCariens, I was wrong on Pennington last year, but that was due to injuries. Unlike you, I haven't predicted that my team would win the Super Bowl every year.... in fact I have never said the Jets would win the Supe either on this board or elsewhere....

Rovers is an optimistic Jets fan, but he keeps one foot on the ground - he's not a blind homer by any stretch.

I, on the other hand - having experienced a lifetime of nothing but bitter disappointment and excruciating pain at the hands of this franchise - am what's known in Jet circles as a "darksider". I fully expect them to self-implode every time they take the field.

I have to give Rovers his props here. I didn't think the Jets would win more than 4 games this year. But he called it back in August, saying they would surprise to the upside.

That said, I fear the Bills this Sunday.

Never paid up on? that is BOGUS B-S!

As far as being wrong, I surely admit to that, but I hit FAR more often than I miss. I was wrong on McCariens, I was wrong on Pennington last year, but that was due to injuries. Unlike you, I haven't predicted that my team would win the Super Bowl every year.... in fact I have never said the Jets would win the Supe either on this board or elsewhere.

I lost two sig bets to you, and paid up on both. One was who would have a better season record, the other was that playoff game... remember the one where "Steeler" got all P-O'd because I spelt Pittsburgh without the "h"? Even if you were joking... low class move.

As far as being right.... I called C Martin's resurgance in 2004, I called him as being done before the preseason this year. I called Rhodes as a potential stud before he ever played a game. I called Coleman and Vilma as "trade now" players before this season started. I said C Houston would beat out Barlow.... it just took longer than I thought it would. It's not like I said McCariens would be some uber-stud.... I called him a sleeper.

On the other hand, you always predict nothing but wine and roses for your team. This bet wasn't about even making the playoffs... it was about winning only 7 games. I am not the blind homer you are. Big difference between what I say about my team of choice vs. your blind homerism.

Better get your facts straight before you call me out for not paying up on a bet, sig line or otherwise. Calling someone a welcher isn't something that should be thrown around like this, men-u-do. Low class move, pal. Compare me to you? :bash: I always thought yopu were a fool, but an entertaining one.... call me a welcher? Kiss my :D

Rubbing people's noses in it? For winning 7 games? :clap: Calling ANYONE menudo-like is a grave insult. That is Ugly Tuna territory.

All I can say is 'wow'. Seriously, 'WOW'. I've always liked you, and I still think you are probably a decent guy, but, you are by far the touchiest person on these baords, and it isn't even close. My last post was clearly in a joking tone, but, you go off on one of your Rover rants and rip into me. Did you happen to see this :tup: beside the bet thing ??????

Did you ever think that I'm more optimistic about the Steelers every year because they have been a pretty good team during recent years. :D When the Steelers do poorly, I'm here to take my beating. What exactly is your problem with me ?

So calling someone Menudo-like is a GRAVE insult....then, the famous Ugly Tuna comparison, I'm low-class, and a fool....... Good job throwing around the insults. I guess you'll have to trust me on this, but, I have a great relationship with a lot of long-time huddlers around here. I'm not as hated as you might like to think. Most of us know how to take a joke, you, clearly have proven you cannot. I've defended you in the past, but, maybe I was wrong to do so. I can't believe I'm saying this to you, but, please, grow up.

Edited by Menudo

I'll be the first to admit it. I never thought the Jets would win 4 games this entire year... never mind being 7-5 and tied with Cincy, Denver, KC, and Jax. It's a crazy crazy world where up is down and hamburgers eat people!

Props to the Jets. :D

From a football standpoint, I've said it once, and I'll say it again, I am more than impressed with the Jets. I didn't think they would win 4 games. I was completely wrong about them. I commented after an early game of theirs that I watched. They lost the game, but, showed amazing heart and resilience. They are a team that is getting the most out of their talented, and that points to coaching and heart. Jets fans should definitely be proud of their 2006 campaign. :D

All I can say is 'wow'. Seriously, 'WOW'. I've always liked you, and I still think you are probably a decent guy, but, you are by far the touchiest person on these baords, and it isn't even close. My last post was clearly in a joking tone, but, you go off on one of your Rover rants and rip into me. Did you happen to see this :D beside the bet thing ??????

Did you ever think that I'm more optimistic about the Steelers every year because they have been a pretty good team during recent years. :D When the Steelers do poorly, I'm here to take my beating. What exactly is your problem with me ?

So calling someone Menudo-like is a GRAVE insult....then, the famous Ugly Tuna comparison, I'm low-class, and a fool....... Good job throwing around the insults. I guess you'll have to trust me on this, but, I have a great relationship with a lot of long-time huddlers around here. I'm not as hated as you might like to think. Most of us know how to take a joke, you, clearly have proven you cannot. I've defended you in the past, but, maybe I was wrong to do so. I can't believe I'm saying this to you, but, please, grow up.

He's cranky before his nap. :bash: