[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BCS rule change rumors

detlef

Number one: My whole point is that the burden of proof should be on why Michigan deserves back to back chances to beat Ohio St. rather than somebody else proving they deserve one. What is so hard to understand about this.

Say there's two bars on a street and they're going to decide who'se the best arm wrestler on the block, so for a while the bars sort of have a round robing competition to determine who should represent each bar. There are two guys at one bar that destroy everybody else there before facing off in a great battle that one guy finally wins. Right afterwards, the winner from the next bar walks in, maybe he's not as huge as the two guys that just wrestled but it sort of hard to tell because he's got big jacket on. Everyone takes a look at him and decides, "Screw that guy, let's just have you two go at again."

The guy from the other bar says, "Hold on, you don't even know how strong I am."

"Doesn't matter, these guys destroyed everyone in this bar so we've arbitrarily decided that these two are the best so we're just going to have them rematch for the title."

Sounds kind of lame doesn't it?

Also, as far as the Flordia St. game. I was down in Florida that weekend and read the 10 or so articles in the sports page that talked about how Florida St. was looking at that game like the Super Bowl. Down year or not, their D is tough and they do have guys that can make plays, they just played like crap all year. I watched that game and Florida St. rarely looked at all good on offense but for one or two amazing catches. That was pretty much it. It was hardly the first time a much better team got a scare from an inspired opponent.