[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling Out Green Bay Homers

spain

Before the season, I made a bet or 2 with some of you Packer fans on who would have more wins, the Titans or the Packers. And that bet was made before the Volek/Collins fiasco. I felt that although the Titans were the 2nd youngest team in the league, they at least were putting a nucleus of good players together. I could see their plan and how it was to unfold in the future. It was obvious that they would have some growing pains, but they were going to improve. I knew they were a couple years away, but there was light at the end of the tunnel.

The Packers are the opposite. The light at the end of the Packer tunnel appeared to be an oncoming train to me. They have a bad team that has no plan. I dont see where they are going or what they are trying to do. They are in deep trouble going forward. So, I made a sig line bet or two with some of you guys. Maybe Big John can find the thread. I am unsure if money was involved. But 1 thing I know is that the Titans ARE improving and the Packers ARE getting worse. Just like I thought. And the Titans WILL have the better record this year, and beyond. Just like I said. Whose yo Daddy Packer fans?

Not to argue or anything but I do recall that when Vince was made the starter, you said it would be a disaster and a train wreck.

Vince is growing up quick, isn't he? Give him a decent receiver and a consistent running game and I think the Titans have a really potent attack.

So, I made a sig line bet or two with some of you guys. Maybe Big John can find the thread. I am unsure if money was involved. But 1 thing I know is that the Titans ARE improving and the Packers ARE getting worse. Just like I thought. And the Titans WILL have the better record this year, and beyond. Just like I said. Whose yo Daddy Packer fans?

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&s...dpost&p=1455466

It looks like the bet was not settled with randall, but with swisscheezehead.

Taucher's absense has hurt the OL alot, and the defense still needs a lot of improvement.

Packer fans aren't fairweather fans. Try the Vikings. :D

Spain, you're calling the bet now? The season's over?

Maybe the Titans take your advice from last year and lose on purpose to get a higher pick, costing you this bet. It isn't over yet.

Edited by Randall

Not to argue or anything but I do recall that when Vince was made the starter, you said it would be a disaster and a train wreck.

Vince is growing up quick, isn't he? Give him a decent receiver and a consistent running game and I think the Titans have a really potent attack.

The first disaster was signing Kerry Collins and jettisoning Volek. But when Collins was SO f'n horrible, they really had no choice. And yes, I was not hopeful for the season when they brought in a rookie QB with a very mediocre surrounding cast. But VY has exceeded all expectations so far. They guy has some serious field presence and awareness. He has really done well. But the defense has stepped up BIG TIME. They shut down the Dolts in the 2nd half, just like they shut down the Giants last week in the 2nd half.

Obviously, the Titans are NOT a playoff caliber team, YET. But they are improving and I can see their direction. And I like where this thing is going. Give them a couple years and I think this team will be at the top echelon of teams once again. Jeff Fisher has to get alot of the credit here. Along with Jim Schwartz and Norm Chow. Again, not saying they are ready for prime time just yet. But they may be the most improved team in the league right now...

As for the Fudge Packers, well, they suck. And they are getting worse. They are stuck in limbo until Favre retires and god only knows when that happens...

Jeff Fisher has to get alot of the credit here. Along with Jim Schwartz and Norm Chow.

No argument here. When the rumors about Fisher getting the boot were circulating, I couldn't believe it. The man is a quality HC and he has an excellent staff. Given a good draft, I think the Titans will be a force to be reckoned with in 2007.

Nice try. Lambeau VS The Meadowlands? :D Come on.

The Ghettolands is a fine place to watch a game.

The only thing I don't like about it (except for the drunken idiots) is that when you drive in from the north, about 2 miles from the stadium you pass a billboard. And on the billboard is an ad for a local jeweler. And on the ad is a picture of Tom Brady. TOM FRIGGIN' BRADY!!!!!! Are you kidding me?! Chad? Eli? NO - TOM FRIGGIN' BRADY! With his fat dimpled chin pitching watches and diamonds. Pisses me off.

If I remember correctly, the Pack did play at the local high school before Lambeau was built. But that's a bit before my time.

Yes, old City Stadium was at East High School. There is still a HS stadium there, but with a lot less seats.

I can't believe there was so much talk about getting rid of Jeff Fisher. He is one of the best coaches in the league, IMO.

The Packers are a classic example of a team trying to patch it together for one more year, after one more year after one more year. Like many good teams, they will have to get worse before they can get better. I respect Favre for what he has done, many years ago, but if anyone else in any football city in America would have put up the amount of stinker games he has over the last 3-4 years, they would have called for his head. I've seen many a Packer game which he has almost single handedly lost the game for them...of course this is coming from a former-long-time Ahman Green owner!

The Titans need to get rid of Floyd Reese.

That move would definitely be addition by subtraction.

What are you hearing about the likelihood of this happening Spain?

Well, it is common knowledge that Fisher and Reese dont get along at all. The local media continues to make an issue of it and seem to think that this team isnt big enough for the both of them. But Fisher aint going anywhere, so the general consensus is that Reese is gone at the end of the year. Bud Adams moved his lawyer, Steve Underwood from Houston to Nashville to oversea more the the operation. That has sent a signal that a change is coming in the off season. I think Floyds days are numbered...

Packer fans aren't fairweather fans. Try the Vikings. :bash:

Ummmm We lost four superbowls, put up with Steckel, Green, Tice, the Love Boat, Moss, plus the Metrodome! We do not have a recognizable player year after year like Brett Favre. We still bleed purple. There are as many band wagon jumpers in Lambeau as Minny. (Pretty easy to GB tickets over the past two years as opposed to 4 or 5 years ago when you were winning! :D ) :D

Ummmm We lost four superbowls, put up with Steckel, Green, Tice, the Love Boat, Moss, plus the Metrodome! We do not have a recognizable player year after year like Brett Favre. We still bleed purple. There are as many band wagon jumpers in Lambeau as Minny. (Pretty easy to GB tickets over the past two years as opposed to 4 or 5 years ago when you were winning! :D ) :D

Is your stadium sold out for the next 100 years. I don't think so and the metrodome come on now what a piece of crap. Is the metrodome sold out every game to season ticket holders no because every game on tv i see the near the endzone to call some number to get tickets. You guys should sell out every single game well in advance you don't have to worry about weather do you and your city is much larger than green bay. Although there is nothing better than a football game in the cold and snow at lambeau field.

We support our team through thick and thin yes we voice are negative opinions about our team but where else can you find such loyalty. When is your team going to get a real stadium. What kind of television ratings to the vikings get in bad years in minnesota. I know even when the packers stink the ratings for packer game all across wisconsin are incrediable.

And reconizable players you had a hole heep of criminals playing on your team. but thats not the point. We have the best ownership situation in all of football the fans own the team. We don't have a greedy owner that could move the team.

ps. The packers sucked for nearly 30 years between the lombardi era until the favre holmgreen era and they still sold out every game in green bay for all those years. The packers made the playoffs one time during all that time and that was during the strike season. How is that for supporting your team.

Edited by alwaysrocking

That's part of the beauty of Lambeau. Because it's bench seating and they pack people in like sardines, everyone is close to the field. The worst seat in the house still has a nice view. Everyone stands up for most of the game, so having a cushy seat isn't very important. And being squished between people keeps you warmer in the winter. If I remember correctly, the Pack did play at the local high school before Lambeau was built. But that's a bit before my time.

I was at the Patriots a$$ whippin' of the packers (not a Pats fan, went to see the redundant "Frozen Tundra") and with 5 other guys all 6' and over that bench seating made me feel kinda gay. (And by the way their uniforms are green and YELLOW, not gold) I had to be turned sideways the whole game.

I was at the Patriots a$$ whippin' of the packers (not a Pats fan, went to see the redundant "Frozen Tundra") and with 5 other guys all 6' and over that bench seating made me feel kinda gay. (And by the way their uniforms are green and YELLOW, not gold) I had to be turned sideways the whole game.

Well why don't you go to the gay ass domes in minesota and drink you wine and be warm and cozy. Domes are f'n lame for football. Football is meant to be played outdoors in the elements.

Edited by alwaysrocking

It was a joke.

For 20+ years Lambeau was sold out with a waiting list and they were losing teams year after year. I doubt if that is true of any other team. With losing teams would the Vikings sell out?

When the Bears re-built Soldier Field the team had to play in Champaigne. When Lambeau was re-built they erected a cover for the stadium so games wouldn't be missed.

They also lowered the field so 5 more rows of seats could be built. They have a large screen facing the parking lot for those who can't attend can watch in the parking lot.

How many teams would do such things? Lambeau and the Packers are unique.

Spain, a fan of the Houston Oilers, who moved for more money to Nashville doesn't understand realld world football played in the NFC North. Fans of the Pack, Bears and Lions and maybe even the Vikings, go back generations. We for the most part support our teams win or lose. Saying "if there any left on the bandwagon" is lacking in insight.

You can't understand until you go a game with your son, father, and (if still with us)grandfather.

Well why don't you go to the gay ass domes in minesota and drink you wine and be warm and cozy. Domes are f'n lame for football. Football is meant to be played outdoors in the elements.

Pipe down newbie! Just saying that the place seems so tiny and that seating is for high school. :D

They also lowered the field so 5 more rows of seats could be built. They have a large screen facing the parking lot for those who can't attend can watch in the parking lot.

The field was not lowered, though an old concept report had that as a possibility. New skyboxes were built behind the old skyboxes and 9 rows of seating was added to the top of the seating bowl. And there is no large screen facing the parking lot :D

Pipe down newbie! Just saying that the place seems so tiny and that seating is for high school. :D

As one Bears fan to another, I don't think we're in any position to criticize a stadium for being tiny. The new Soldier Field might be a wonderful place to watch football with great sightlines and all but when the maximum crowd is only 2,823 it's hard to point fingers at Lambeau.