[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling Out Colts Fans!

spain

There is a new sheriff in the town known as the AFC South. And his name is the Tennessee Titans! Get used to losing, because you just watched your future for the next several years. The Colts window of opportunity is closing rapidly. And the Titans are like a speeding Ferrari passing your broke down Ford on the side of the road. You know it deep down. So, accept the truth Colts fans. Your days are numbered and your time as the cream of the AFC South crop has come to an end. The Titans are your masters!

And to think Houston passed on vince Young for who? Like I said many times, and Im hardly a Longhorn fan, Vince Young is going to dominate at this level very soon. I predcited by his 3rd year, but he is already forcing his will on opposing defenses in just his first few starts. Tennessee should re-sign Fisher, and dominate the AFC very soon.

I said it in week 5 and i'll say it again now. The Colts aren't winning the SB with this defense. It sucks.

Here is my twisted thinking. In the past two years, the Colts were pretty 'light's out' during the season, especially last year. It was thought to be a 'sure thing' that they would reperesent the AFC in the Super Bowl and cruise to the title. This year, despite a great record, there has been clear chinks in the armor. This team definitely has their weaknesses, especially on defense. However, Peyton Manning and that offense is good enough to score with anyone. They can be downright impossible to stop when they get in a groove. I've been impressed with their running game, and that will help keep their defense off of the field. Manning has becme the most un-selfish QB I've seen of late. It is apparent that his only goal is to win. It frustrates me as a fantasy owner, but, I have a lot of respect for him as a player. How can he not be tempted to throw over and over again, when he knows he could put up huge numbers. He has a desire to get the monkey off his back, and I think he does it.

Like we Steelers fans learned last year, sometimes the thing you've been wanting for the longest time comes when you least expected it. I've had many seasons where the Steelers went in as the #1 seed, and I loved their chances. Last year, though I'd never say it publicly, I didn't think there was much chance of them beating Indy and Indy, and then, boom, it happens. Like I said, the Colts are winning the Super Bowl this year.

And to think Houston passed on vince Young for who? Like I said many times, and Im hardly a Longhorn fan, Vince Young is going to dominate at this level very soon. I predcited by his 3rd year, but he is already forcing his will on opposing defenses in just his first few starts. Tennessee should re-sign Fisher, and dominate the AFC very soon.

Fisher aint going anywhere. Bud Adams will sign him to a new contract during the off season. And I hate the f'n T-sips, but VY is the man! Big shout out to the idiot Texans and Saints who passed on Vince. This guy is going to be very very good.

However, Peyton Manning and that offense is good enough to score with anyone. They can be downright impossible to stop when they get in a groove.

The problem that the Colts have had for the past few years is that they can't convert short-yardage situations. In the Titans game, the Colts had FIRST AND GOAL ON THE ONE and couldn't get the freaking ball in the endzone. They had FOUR opportunities to move the ball three freaking feet and chose to run the stupid stretch play and a couple of idiotic pass plays after that. Jesus, run four straight QB sneaks if you have to! That was their chance to go up by four in the waning minutes of the game and they absolutely blew it. The same thing happened three years ago against the PATS in the Dome. And also again in the playoffs last year (a false start - another problem the Colts have in crucial situations - killed that opportunity).

The Colts can pass the ball like none other, but they can't control the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball. And they won't win a SB until they can.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I live in Tennessee and I absolutely hate the Titans. When they moved here, several of my friends and family just assumed that I would quit pulling for the Cowboys and pull for the home team.

Yeah, right.

I do agree that the window of opportunity may be closing fast for the Colts, but please, let it be anyone but the Titans or Steelers that "speeds past them".

The Colts WILL win the Super Bowl this year. Remember, I predicted last year's winner correctly, so, you should trust me....... :D

I actually agree with this... I mean "actually" as to I think Menudo might be fishing here, but that's not really his style if it doesn't concern the Steelers.

Tennessee should re-sign Fisher, and dominate the AFC very soon.

If Cowher retires after this horrendous season for the Steelers, I'm hoping they offer the job to Fisher. He'd be a perfect fit in the Burgh. But the way the Titans and VY are playing, he'll probably want to stay put.

I said it in week 5 and i'll say it again now. The Colts aren't winning the SB with this defense. It sucks.

:D

Unfortunately that's true. No SB winner ever had a bad D. Even the Rams' D was decent the year they won overall.

GB bringing Dungy in to fix the D. And Polian - sheer genius!

The defense didnt lose the Titan game for Indy. The Indy offense was completely shut down by the Titans defense in the 2nd half. Just like the 1st game they played this year, the Colts were completely frustrated and couldnt score. So, yes, their defeense is not very good, but their offense can be annilated too. And Dungy never seems to be able to come up with any adjustments. I think Dungy is a very poor Xs and Os coach, and maybe the most over-rated coach in the game.

The defense didnt lose the Titan game for Indy. The Indy offense was completely shut down by the Titans defense in the 2nd half. Just like the 1st game they played this year, the Colts were completely frustrated and couldnt score. So, yes, their defeense is not very good, but their offense can be annilated too. And Dungy never seems to be able to come up with any adjustments. I think Dungy is a very poor Xs and Os coach, and maybe the most over-rated coach in the game.

wow somebody else gets it....

Their D has been the real problem generally though. Hey Dungy/Polian you've had more than enough time to fix the D, time to go.

200+ yards rushing allowed in both games.

but u are correct. The offense performed below average in both games.

Edited by CaptainHook

200+ yards rushing allowed in both games.

but u are correct. The offense performed below average in both games.

What scares me the most is that we will most likely face San Diego and LT in the playoffs at some point and if we are giving up that many rushing yards to everyone, how many are we going to give up to LT... :D