[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kick ass appetizers.

evil_gop_liars

Try these - you will be a hit.

Jalapenos halved and seeded

Fill the pepper with cream cheese

Cover cream cheese with shredded cheddar cheese

Wrap the pepper with bacon

put in oven at 350 for about 15 minutes.

Awesome!!! If you don't care about health fry up some extra bacon before and crush it and put in the cream cheese for a little extra bacon taste. If you happen to "spill" a little bacon grease in the cream cheese don't worry it just tastes better!!!!!!!

Awesome!!! If you don't care about health fry up some extra bacon before and crush it and put in the cream cheese for a little extra bacon taste. If you happen to "spill" a little bacon grease in the cream cheese don't worry it just tastes better!!!!!!!

You sir have just provided me with a heart attack..... will have to try these.

So I really wanted to make those Vietnamese Salad Rolls for this party but I couldn't find all the ingredients. Then I thought I would make the baguette roast beef stuff but decided against, which turned out to be a good thing because somebody made something very similar. We also thought the party might be canceled do to some medical issues with the host. Well the party wasn't canceled and I a found a couple recipes that that turned out very well I will post them below. So now my wife is wanting to cater her parents wedding anniversary for about 100 people. :D

These little beauties disappeared in about 15 minutes

Bacon Wrapped Smokies

1 pound sliced bacon, cut into thirds

1 (14 ounce) package beef lil smokies

3/4 cup brown sugar, or to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

2. It is easier to wrap the wieners with cold bacon. Wrap each cocktail wiener with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place wieners in a zip lock bag with brown sugar and shake until coated. Place on a large baking sheet (cover sheet with tinfoil).

3. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sugar is bubbly. To serve, place the wieners in a slow cooker and keep on the low setting.

and we decided we need something healthy..

Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips

2 kiwis, peeled and diced

2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced

8 ounces raspberries

1 pound strawberries

2 tablespoons white sugar

1 tablespoon brown sugar

3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor

10 (10 inch) flour tortillas

butter flavored cooking spray

2 cups cinnamon sugar

in a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.

Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit and spice mixture.

I was just gonna post this one myself. Got a Christmas party Friday and these are what I am making. They are better when they are still warm though, so I guess it depends on how much time will pass from the time you make them to the time you arrive at the party.

• 2 weeks later...

So I really wanted to make those Vietnamese Salad Rolls for this party but I couldn't find all the ingredients. Then I thought I would make the baguette roast beef stuff but decided against, which turned out to be a good thing because somebody made something very similar. We also thought the party might be canceled do to some medical issues with the host. Well the party wasn't canceled and I a found a couple recipes that that turned out very well I will post them below. So now my wife is wanting to cater her parents wedding anniversary for about 100 people. :D

These little beauties disappeared in about 15 minutes

Bacon Wrapped Smokies

1 pound sliced bacon, cut into thirds

1 (14 ounce) package beef lil smokies

3/4 cup brown sugar, or to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

2. It is easier to wrap the wieners with cold bacon. Wrap each cocktail wiener with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place wieners in a zip lock bag with brown sugar and shake until coated. Place on a large baking sheet (cover sheet with tinfoil).

3. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sugar is bubbly. To serve, place the wieners in a slow cooker and keep on the low setting.

and we decided we need something healthy..

Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips

2 kiwis, peeled and diced

2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced

8 ounces raspberries

1 pound strawberries

2 tablespoons white sugar

1 tablespoon brown sugar

3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor

10 (10 inch) flour tortillas

butter flavored cooking spray

2 cups cinnamon sugar

in a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.

Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit and spice mixture.

My wife wrapped Pillsbury Crescent roll dough around the wieners/bacon after they were in the oven for 20 minutes and then cooked them for the remaining 20 minutes. BOMB!! :D

Bless you! I have made these twice in the last couple weeks.

These are great, everyone that I have made them for has loved them.

Try using pepper jack in place of the chedder, is the bomb

• 1 year later...

Chorizo lollipops

Cook some good Spanish chorizo.

Cut into rounds and insert a toothpick.

Make a spiced caramel (cayenne, smoked paprika, cumin).

Make a quick pass (scraping excess) through the caramel.

Watch it...that $h!t is hot!

Put on parchment to cool and harden.

Chorizo lollipops

Serve with vaseline on the side...

Chorizo lollipops

I'm sorry but there is no such thing as GOOD Spanish Chorizo.

with such rave reviews, I bought the fixins today to make tomorrow..lookin forward to it

Have nio idea how to make it, but had the following at the Hotel Del on Coronado yesterday - baked goat cheese with a sun dried tomato & garlic sauce and pesto. This was so good I nearly cancelled mu entree and ordered up another round. :drool:

Have nio idea how to make it, but had the following at the Hotel Del on Coronado yesterday - baked goat cheese with a sun dried tomato & garlic sauce and pesto. This was so good I nearly cancelled mu entree and ordered up another round. :drool:

I wish I knew you were in town. I live right down the strand in Imperial Beach. Would have bought you a round at the local sports bar here today.

Excuse me? I've had fresh as well as any number of cured varieties and it has been basically, across-the-board, stellar.

Cured ready-to-eat

And for cooking...

:D its a personal taste issue. I was a cook for 12 years after I got out of the navy and let me tell you, living here in San Diego, charizo is a main staple in breakfast scrambles, burrito's and so forth. After smelling that stuff for that long, it makes me ill even thinking about it. :wacko: The smell coming off the grill is enough to make me gag.

:D its a personal taste issue. I was a cook for 12 years after I got out of the navy and let me tell you, living here in San Diego, charizo is a main staple in breakfast scrambles, burrito's and so forth. After smelling that stuff for that long, it makes me ill even thinking about it. :wacko: The smell coming off the grill is enough to make me gag.

Well, one thing that should be made clear is that in San Diego, you're likely smelling Mexican Chorizo, not Spanish. That said, I like both but the Spanish stuff is a bit fancier.