[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carolina Panthers

LooGie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or when Jenkins slammed Garcia to the ground and it wasn't called?

What play are you referring to?

I hope not the play where Garcia just flung the ball out across the ground. If so, you must not know the rules...when the Qb is not in a natural throwing position, he's open game. When he just flings the ball like a limp wristed queer eye for the straight guy (NTTAWWT) he's open game.

Why did Carolina not just play for the tie last night? They had a perfect opportunity to kick a game-tying field goal and then see how the coin flip turned out. Instead Delhomme throws an INT and gives the game away.

I know the consensus says "go for the tie at home, win on the road", but I hardly think chucking the ball up for grabs constitutes going for a win.

You gotta be kidding me!! Play for the tie?!?!? You play to win the games!! With a minute or so left on the 10 yard line, you go for the win. duh.

Protection of Passer

1. By interpretation, a pass begins when the passer -- with possession of ball -- starts to bring his hand forward. If ball strikes ground after this action has begun, play is ruled an incomplete pass. If passer loses control of ball prior to his bringing his hand forward, play is ruled a fumble.

2. When a passer is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional movement forward of his arm starts a forward pass. If a defensive player contacts the passer or the ball after forward movement begins, and the ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass is ruled, regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player.

3. No defensive player may run into a passer of a legal forward pass after the ball has left his hand (15 yards). The Referee must determine whether opponent had a reasonable chance to stop his momentum during an attempt to block the pass or tackle the passer while he still had the ball.

What play are you referring to?

I hope not the play where Garcia just flung the ball out across the ground. If so, you must not know the rules...when the Qb is not in a natural throwing position, he's open game. When he just flings the ball like a limp wristed queer eye for the straight guy (NTTAWWT) he's open game.

wow, you are losing it...once a QB throws the ball forward he cannot be hit and then driven into the ground, that was a blatant call that was missed...

first of all, you can't bump when the ball is in the air. second of all, you can't bump in the end zone, and third of all, it was 2nd and 7, so in the endzone wouldn't be within the 5 yard rule anyway.

Thank you. Please try again.

I thought Johnson ran into the defender myself and tried to draw a call. He was clearly outplayed on the route and over-reacted to get the call....which didn't come. Great no call. Contact was not initiated by the defender.

The play was well read by the defender.

I think Carolina will get it together and should be a favorite still to come out of the NFC. They have the talent at the key positions to take whatever else the NFC has to offer.

Protection of Passer

1. By interpretation, a pass begins when the passer -- with possession of ball -- starts to bring his hand forward. If ball strikes ground after this action has begun, play is ruled an incomplete pass. If passer loses control of ball prior to his bringing his hand forward, play is ruled a fumble.

2. When a passer is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional movement forward of his arm starts a forward pass. If a defensive player contacts the passer or the ball after forward movement begins, and the ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass is ruled, regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player.

3. No defensive player may run into a passer of a legal forward pass after the ball has left his hand (15 yards). [b]The Referee must determine whether opponent had a reasonable chance to stop his momentum during an attempt to block the pass or tackle the passer while he still had the ball.[/b]

wow, you are losing it...once a QB throws the ball forward he cannot be hit and then driven into the ground, that was a blatant call that was missed...

He was full speed and Garcia just flung it across the ground. No way the defender could even see what he did, much less stop himself. If he had done a wind up, then for sure, but a simple wrist flick and he got there micro-seconds after the ball left anyhow.

Edited by LooGie

Last night was horrible. I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Each game we find a way to lose the game after leading most of the way and last night was one of the worst games I have ever watched. Bengals game pick in the endzone to put that one away and similar situation against the Eagles. The offensive calling continues to be terrible and it is pretty bad when you are so predicatable that the CB knows the fade is coming before you get off the line. :D

The D needs to take plenty of blame for this loss too. Gamble looks like a revolving door as WR go behind to make big plays. He got burned last night several times and it is becoming rediculous. The Panthers D is the place to try out your backup QB and get your first win since we can't stop their offense with a 3 and out when it counts. Romo started the trend, Campbell and Garcia as helped keep it going. The Panthers can only get pressure when the guy in the pocket is a tree stump like Bulger was for that game.

It will be interested to see who emerges from the Giants game as one team will likely end their season on Sunday and the other will limp along for at least one my week.

I could rant some more, but I am just PO'd how we have been playing and having to send in a check for more than $400 for playoff tix that I will never get a chance to use. It is a crock that the NFL allows many teams to print tickets early and pick the pockets of season ticket owners...... :D I am happy to pay for playoff tix, but the product we have on the field over the last two weeks, is certainly no playoff team. :bash:

Edited by PSULions

Blaming officiating and insinuating a conspiracy is weak. I call it like I see it.

you self righteous Oprahstick. Not only did I not blame the officiating for anything, but I never insinuated a conspiracy. I've made several comments on this board regarding officiating, and when I say it about Carolina I'm a blind homer? Fist yourself.

I've defended you many times on here and while I'm quite certain you don't need anyone fighting on your behalf, I did it because I obviously misjudged your character.

Any steeler fan defending the obviously TERRIBLE officiating going on in ANY NFL FOOTBALL game since this season started is downright laughably disgusting. You got a problem with me calling out officiating in a game where my team is playing, fine. Debate in a an actual adult manner, or close your trap of a turd thrower.

I'll keep this short.

I've just had it with Carolina. There is absolutely no spark on the offense at any time throughout any game. Delhomme was so scared of turning the ball over that he barely even targeted Smitty. He was playing very safe, but when he was pressured, he went back to his old ways and just threw it deep and to a defender.

The defense only plays good in the first half, and basically phones it in in the second. It becomes one of the worst run defenses in the league about half way through the 3rd.

The play calling is getting rediculous. It's so safe, but it's also so stupid. I think the rationale is "Ok, they're expecting a run on 1st, so lets throw it. They're expecting a throw on 2nd, so lets run it." and of course "They're expecting us to run it on 2nd and Goal at the 7 when DeAngelo is averaging about 6 yards a carry in the 2nd half with about 25 seconds left, sooooo lets F'ING THROW IT." I really don't understand this call. A FG would put the into OT. A TD wins it. DeAngelo is absolutely running like a dream. Why pass it when Jake has been turning it over in the redzone all year, I just don't understand.

I don't really have a problem with the throw that Jake made. Had the defender not mauled Keyshawn in the endzone, it was right where it needed to be. But still, it's yet another red zone turnover for Jake and yet another loss for Carolina when leading in the 4th.

And if Keyshawn doesn't just level that defender down the sidelines on an earlier play, it's yet another INT for Jake, and Keyshawn knew it.

And I'd bet money that Carolina has the worst officiating in the league. If there is a way to see how many apology letters they get back when sending in tapes to the officiating HQ, I'd love to see it.

Carolina is CONSTANTLY getting rimmed by the officials. Roughing the passer calls and offensive pass interference. Non calls on holding. Peppers was held on almost every single play last night.

But that final non call in the endzone simply takes the cake. There was no way that should not have been called. That defender took everything but Keyshawn's wallet. He completely was out of control while the ball was not only in the air, but while Key was in the end zone. A simply atrocious job by the officiating yet again.

I'm about to start chanting Weinke, if only for a change in the offense, because what we have now, just ain't cutting it. And for the record, I believe Jake played well last night.

At least I for one appreciate the brevity. Thanks man. :D

you self righteous Oprahstick. Not only did I not blame the officiating for anything, but I never insinuated a conspiracy. I've made several comments on this board regarding officiating, and when I say it about Carolina I'm a blind homer? Fist yourself.

I've defended you many times on here and while I'm quite certain you don't need anyone fighting on your behalf, I did it because I obviously misjudged your character.

Any steeler fan defending the obviously TERRIBLE officiating going on in ANY NFL FOOTBALL game since this season started is downright laughably disgusting. You got a problem with me calling out officiating in a game where my team is playing, fine. Debate in a an actual adult manner, or close your trap of a turd thrower.

You know what dude - you're one of the lamest teenagers here:

And I'd bet money that Carolina has the worst officiating in the league. If there is a way to see how many apology letters they get back when sending in tapes to the officiating HQ, I'd love to see it.

Carolina is CONSTANTLY getting rimmed by the officials. Roughing the passer calls and offensive pass interference. Non calls on holding. Peppers was held on almost every single play last night.

But that final non call in the endzone simply takes the cake. There was no way that should not have been called. That defender took everything but Keyshawn's wallet. He completely was out of control while the ball was not only in the air, but while Key was in the end zone. A simply atrocious job by the officiating yet again.

If that's not a conspiracy charge, then you don't know what one is. Funny how you throw around names in the name of "adulthood" when with each name youthrow you're further and further from that yourself.

BTW - get over the last super bowl already. DJax pushed off. 'Nuff said.

Edited by Pope Flick

If that's not a conspiracy charge, then you don't know what one is. Funny how you throw around names in the name of "adulthood" when with each name youthrow you're further and further from that yourself.

I made a statement regarding how many calls I disagree with that Carolina has been called for, or not called against the opponent. I never suggested anything otherwise. When teams send in tape of calls they feel the officials blew, and the officiating head honcho reviews them and sends back his analysis, I would bet that Carolina has the most in the league for ones the officials got wrong. That's not a fair statement? that's a conspiracy theory? You can disagree with the statement all you want, and if you can prove me wrong, GREAT! That's why I said I would love to see a report.

Jesus. Please forgive me if I may just be noticing more calls on Carolina than other teams, or even worse, I may be right. I hope this doesn't detract from the otherwise non-homer football insight found every where else on this board.

And I still would love to see a report on the missed calls through out, and I stand by my statement suggesting Carolina might have the worst "record".

Funny how you throw around names in the name of "adulthood" when with each name youthrow you're further and further from that yourself.

I saved these for their own post.

First of all, I constantly attempt to take the high road time and time again on this board. I never jump on people for having opinions, especially when someone can actually take the time to provide points and insight. I love to debate, and love a good debate. When someone falls to name calling, or even worse, making the same statement over and over and over again that contains absolutely no substance, ESPECIALLY when it's directed at me, yah, I take it personally. Especially when I actually take the time to provide points and insight.

IE: Grits and his Vick-lust. And most recently Menudo and officiating. He's made the same posts, time and time again, but never says anything, then when I call him out on it, he says it's weak and "he calls it like he sees it"

So either he's blind or just being a prick. He either hasn't seen bad officiating at all this year, which we all know is not true, or he's being a prick. He either thinks the officiating is good, and for some reason chooses not to make that point, or he's being a prick.

Then he disappears when anyone makes the comment about how the officials made the all time worst call in NFL history, which basically handed his beloved Steelers their ring last year, and it all leads me to believe he's being a low down dirty prick.

Now, if someone was to say, "hey I disagree with you, and here's why"...and there's quite a few of those posts in this thread, how did I respond? In fact, look what I'm doing here. You resorted to name calling, but I'm not attacking you, I'm defending my position, because you actually attempted to make a point. I take this seriously. I dont' mean "this" as in FF. Not FF, and certainly not this board, but how I conduct myself, and most importantly, how I defend my points.

ps. And Swerski, while you resort to name calling rather quickly, and also say the same thing continuously, I left you out, because a) you ALWAYS back up your ideas with points, and b ) I feel somewhat closer to you now after our Denny Green incident. :D

edit: and I'm not a damn teenager...I'm 26, married with 2 kids, and live in las vegas. a/s/l?

Edited by LooGie

I made a statement regarding how many calls I disagree with that Carolina has been called for, or not called against the opponent. I never suggested anything otherwise. When teams send in tape of calls they feel the officials blew, and the officiating head honcho reviews them and sends back his analysis, I would bet that Carolina has the most in the league for ones the officials got wrong. That's not a fair statement? that's a conspiracy theory? You can disagree with the statement all you want, and if you can prove me wrong, GREAT! That's why I said I would love to see a report.

Jesus. Please forgive me if I may just be noticing more calls on Carolina than other teams, or even worse, I may be right. I hope this doesn't detract from the otherwise non-homer football insight found every where else on this board.

And I still would love to see a report on the missed calls through out, and I stand by my statement suggesting Carolina might have the worst "record".

I would venture a guess that every "homer" feels his team gets slighted more by the officials than any other. As for noticing them, of course you would. You probably watch more Panthers games than any other team. And, since you're a "homer", you LOOK for bad calls against your team, it's natural.

Yes, this post is full of adult-minded discussion. :D

You've cried about officiating two weeks in a row now. It is weak, and everone else in this thread is saying the same thing, but, I guess we are all wrong, and you are right. :D

Edited by Menudo

BTW - get over the last super bowl already. DJax pushed off. 'Nuff said.

:D

:D