[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carolina Panthers

LooGie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saved these for their own post.

First of all, I constantly attempt to take the high road time and time again on this board. I never jump on people for having opinions, especially when someone can actually take the time to provide points and insight. I love to debate, and love a good debate. When someone falls to name calling, or even worse, making the same statement over and over and over again that contains absolutely no substance, ESPECIALLY when it's directed at me, yah, I take it personally. Especially when I actually take the time to provide points and insight.

IE: Grits and his Vick-lust. And most recently Menudo and officiating. He's made the same posts, time and time again, but never says anything, then when I call him out on it, he says it's weak and "he calls it like he sees it"

So either he's blind or just being a prick. He either hasn't seen bad officiating at all this year, which we all know is not true, or he's being a prick. He either thinks the officiating is good, and for some reason chooses not to make that point, or he's being a prick.

Then he disappears when anyone makes the comment about how the officials made the all time worst call in NFL history, which basically handed his beloved Steelers their ring last year, and it all leads me to believe he's being a low down dirty prick.

Now, if someone was to say, "hey I disagree with you, and here's why"...and there's quite a few of those posts in this thread, how did I respond? In fact, look what I'm doing here. You resorted to name calling, but I'm not attacking you, I'm defending my position, because you actually attempted to make a point. I take this seriously. I dont' mean "this" as in FF. Not FF, and certainly not this board, but how I conduct myself, and most importantly, how I defend my points.

ps. And Swerski, while you resort to name calling rather quickly, and also say the same thing continuously, I left you out, because a) you ALWAYS back up your ideas with points, and b ) I feel somewhat closer to you now after our Denny Green incident. :D

edit: and I'm not a damn teenager...I'm 26, married with 2 kids, and live in las vegas. a/s/l?

Hey, I disagree with you, and here's why. Two weeks in a row, you have come on here claiming that the Panthers get more bad calls against them than any other team in the NFL. You have insinuated a 'conspiracy theory', whether you admit it or not. I think that is 'weak'. Officials are going to make mistakes here and there. I don't think officiating is perfect, but, I believe in the theory that if your team is good enough, you won't put the officials in positiion to win or lose the game with a JUDGEMENT call. Your claim that the Keyshawn call was the 'worst of all' and then realizing that everyone who has posted disagrees with you should put in into perspective for you. However, I expect you to come back with mature responses of telling me to fist myself and then the awful scary stuff about how you will no longer defend me.

you self righteous Oprahstick. Not only did I not blame the officiating for anything, but I never insinuated a conspiracy. I've made several comments on this board regarding officiating, and when I say it about Carolina I'm a blind homer? Fist yourself. I've defended you many times on here and while I'm quite certain you don't need anyone fighting on your behalf, I did it because I obviously misjudged your character.

Any steeler fan defending the obviously TERRIBLE officiating going on in ANY NFL FOOTBALL game since this season started is downright laughably disgusting. You got a problem with me calling out officiating in a game where my team is playing, fine. Debate in a an actual adult manner, or close your trap of a turd thrower.

Debate in an actual adult manner. :D

I don't know, in 2004 Carolina fans blamed the injuries, this year, it's the refs.

Just own up, like Menudo (of all people) has this year and take off the rose colored glasses.

They are losing to teams that they should not be losing to, and Fox (a genious when they are winning) should take some of the heat for that.

Something is up with Delhomme as well, and it started with the Seattle game last year.

I thought Carolina would win that NFC Championship game based partly on Delhomme's playoff history (5-1 record, 10/2 TD/INT up to that point). Not to mention Hassleback's greatest playoff moment up to that point was predicting a score at the overtime coin flip in Green Bay and then proceeded to hand the Packers the win.

Up until the Seattle game last year, including playoffs (not including his back-up duty numbers in the first couple years of his carreer) Delhomme's TD/INT numbers are 82/49. Including and since the NFC Championship game, they are 13/12.

I guess it adds up to a middle of the pack team in a bad conference. Don't worry, the money sent in for playoff tickets will be put towards your renewal next year. :D

Edited by charty

Of course, you would come on and just point out that someone is mad at me, instead of evaluating the situation. :D

Nah, I don't get involved in debating with whining fans any more, you should know that. Evaluating the situation here would be better suited for a Kindergarden teacher than me. :D

you self righteous Oprahstick. Not only did I not blame the officiating for anything, but I never insinuated a conspiracy. I've made several comments on this board regarding officiating, and when I say it about Carolina I'm a blind homer? Fist yourself.

I've defended you many times on here and while I'm quite certain you don't need anyone fighting on your behalf, I did it because I obviously misjudged your character.

Any steeler fan defending the obviously TERRIBLE officiating going on in ANY NFL FOOTBALL game since this season started is downright laughably disgusting. You got a problem with me calling out officiating in a game where my team is playing, fine. Debate in a an actual adult manner, or close your trap of a turd thrower.

The bolded statement is funny and ironic. :D

Ok, my eyes are bleeding after reading all the back and forth "your rubber and I'm glue" crap, but the quote from Shepperd is one I hadn't seen and really interesting. After I washed the beer off my head from jumping up and down in my giddiness (at midnight on my back porch by myself...), I started thinking about that play from all three players perspectives (and while by the strict rules, it possibly could have been called, by the strict rules, there would be a flag on every play, and that one was definitely one never called):

Sheppherd - when the pass was in the air, and even when he came down with it, all I could think was : man, poor playing there, he got lucky being where he was cause Key was actually wide open

Key - if running a fade route, NEVER let the man behind you UNLESS you have a sight adjustment with the QB, in which case this should have been an easy TD on a quick slant (heck, the way it ran, wouldn't even have had to slant - could have just thrown it right at his head)

Delhomme - he pulled a Favre/Grossman - by the time he left the huddle, regardless of ANYTHING else happening on the field, he was throwing the ball to x spot. Trouble is, if he had bothered to glance over and saw what was happening, a rope at Key's head would have got the TD. Now, this is where defensive play callign helped out the Eagles - the blitz combined with Shepperd's knowledge of the play meant Delhomme really didn't get much time on it, so kind of had to just toss it (although I doubt Brady/manning or a bunch of other qb's owuld have thrown that pick).

Either way, I'll take it - great and needed win. Now, just can't sleep on Washington - have to play every game with that enthusiasm, and if we want to take a game off, let it be the Dallas game.

Either way, I'll take it - great and needed win. Now, just can't sleep on Washington - have to play every game with that enthusiasm, and if we want to take a game off, let it be the Dallas game.

It's pains me to say it, but I agree... the Dallas game is really the only remianing game we can afford to lose and still hope to make the playoffs.

Yes, this post is full of adult-minded discussion. :bash:

You've cried about officiating two weeks in a row now. It is weak, and everone else in this thread is saying the same thing, but, I guess we are all wrong, and you are right. :D

I never once said anyone else was wrong. I never even said I'm right. I made a point, then I even said "forgive me if i am just noticing it more on the panthers" and "i may be over reacting". That's hardly being a child-minded post happy homer.

I said you're a self righteous Oprahstick because you have followed my homer officiating posts 2 weeks in a row and said the same stupid thing, and call me a cry baby, Then I call you out on it, and you actually attempt to make it sound like you're above something here? You never say anything when I make a blanket statement on the officials, or make a statement about a call against any other team. No, that you don't see. Instead I'm only a cry baby when i say it with my panthers in mind.

Thanks for making it clear. :D

Hey, I disagree with you, and here's why. Two weeks in a row, you have come on here claiming that the Panthers get more bad calls against them than any other team in the NFL. You have insinuated a 'conspiracy theory', whether you admit it or not. I think that is 'weak'. Officials are going to make mistakes here and there. I don't think officiating is perfect, but, I believe in the theory that if your team is good enough, you won't put the officials in positiion to win or lose the game with a JUDGEMENT call. Your claim that the Keyshawn call was the 'worst of all' and then realizing that everyone who has posted disagrees with you should put in into perspective for you. However, I expect you to come back with mature responses of telling me to fist myself and then the awful scary stuff about how you will no longer defend me.

see, now was that so hard?

you disagree with me because I've said it two weeks in a row? You disagree with my statement because i made it sound like a "conspiracy theory"? You don't care what I'm saying, just how i'm saying it?

The officials are making mistakes here and there, but the problem is it's not consistent and the rules are hard to interpret at times. I have a problem with that.

And when I said I was glad the play wasn't called because they don't deserve a reward when they play like crap and i said I'm not blaming the loss on either the throw, nor the interception isn't me agreeing with your statement about good enough teams?

So because I said the Keyshawn call was the worst of all, and then said "maybe i'm overreacting", and "forgive me if i'm just noticing it more for the homer team" , isn't putting it into perspective for me? I can handle it. I think it could've and should've been called, and if you don't you could certainly make that argument.

But don't act high and mighty when all you said twice in a row was " :D and :D"

Of course, you would come on and just point out that someone is mad at me, instead of evaluating the situation. :bash:

now isn't THAT the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't know, in 2004 Carolina fans blamed the injuries, this year, it's the refs.

Just own up, like Menudo (of all people) has this year and take off the rose colored glasses.

did you even read the post, or just the replies? I've been on here for weeks and weeks "owning" up. Even when they won, I slammed them. The post covers all areas they suck in. They suck, and I've just had it with them and how they play the game as of late. I go on to say I'm not blaming this loss, nor any loss of any team (except for IND last year of course) on any officiating.

I am once again going to say, I'm glad the play was not called, because they didn't deserve a reward for making a stupid play call, and for Keyshawn getting completely outplayed and out performed on a route that the entire defense knew they were going to throw. They blew it.

I do think it should've been called, but I am glad it was not. And it certainly COULD HAVE been called. But it wasn't and I'm glad for the simple reason, this team needs to wake up.

see, now was that so hard?

you disagree with me because I've said it two weeks in a row? You disagree with my statement because i made it sound like a "conspiracy theory"? You don't care what I'm saying, just how i'm saying it?

The officials are making mistakes here and there, but the problem is it's not consistent and the rules are hard to interpret at times. I have a problem with that.

And when I said I was glad the play wasn't called because they don't deserve a reward when they play like crap and i said I'm not blaming the loss on either the throw, nor the interception isn't me agreeing with your statement about good enough teams?

So because I said the Keyshawn call was the worst of all, and then said "maybe i'm overreacting", and "forgive me if i'm just noticing it more for the homer team" , isn't putting it into perspective for me? I can handle it. I think it could've and should've been called, and if you don't you could certainly make that argument.

But don't act high and mighty when all you said twice in a row was " :D and :bash:"

now isn't THAT the pot calling the kettle black.

did you even read the post, or just the replies? I've been on here for weeks and weeks "owning" up. Even when they won, I slammed them. The post covers all areas they suck in. They suck, and I've just had it with them and how they play the game as of late. I go on to say I'm not blaming this loss, nor any loss of any team (except for IND last year of course) on any officiating.

I am once again going to say, I'm glad the play was not called, because they didn't deserve a reward for making a stupid play call, and for Keyshawn getting completely outplayed and out performed on a route that the entire defense knew they were going to throw. They blew it.

I do think it should've been called, but I am glad it was not. And it certainly COULD HAVE been called. But it wasn't and I'm glad for the simple reason, this team needs to wake up.

Fair enough. I think we can drop this one now. :D