[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

America's Team

Perchoutofwater

I can;t recall where I read that Texas is the only state in the US that could run itself, without federal assistance. But Ill try and find that, and post it here when I get a chance.

That was probably an old article. I'm sure it was possible back when Bush Jr. was in charge, but without the Decider , your state has gone back to relying on the federal gov tit. :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statehood

On February 28, 1845, the U.S. Congress passed a bill that would authorize the United States to annex the Republic of Texas. On March 1 U.S. President John Tyler signed the bill. The legislation set the date for annexation for December 29 of the same year. On October 13 of the same year, a majority of voters in the Republic approved a proposed constitution that specifically endorsed slavery and the slave trade. This constitution was later accepted by the U.S. Congress, making Texas a U.S. state on the same day annexation took effect (therefore bypassing a territorial phase). One of the primary motivations for annexation was that the Texas government had incurred huge debts which the United States agreed to assume upon annexation. In 1852, in return for this assumption of debt, a large portion of Texas-claimed territory, now parts of Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Wyoming, was ceded to the Federal government.

So even in the beginning they learned they couldn't be self sufficient. :D

That was probably an old article. I'm sure it was possible back when Bush Jr. was in charge, but without the Decider , your state has gone back to relying on the federal gov tit. :D

Give us a link. Everything I've seen has shown that Texas pays more in taxes than it gets in federal funding for the last 20 years.

Never mind, this link shows that you are full of crap, as if we needed any further proof. Between 1981 and 2004 Texas has never received more than it gave. Can your state say that?

Edited by Perchoutofwater

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/347.html

Federal Spending Received Per Dollar of Tax Paid

State Rank (1 is highest)

New Mexico 1

Alaska 2

West Virginia 3

Mississippi 4

North Dakota 5

Alabama 6

Virginia 7

Hawaii 8

Montana 9

South Dakota 10

Oklahoma 11

Arkansas 12

Louisiana 13

Kentucky 14

Maryland 15

Maine 16

South Carolina 17

Tennessee 18

Arizona 19

Missouri 20

Idaho 21

Utah 22

Kansas 23

Vermont 24

Iowa 25

Wyoming 26

North Carolina 27

Nebraska 28

Pennsylvania 29

Florida 30

Rhode Island 31

Ohio 32

Indiana 33

Oregon 34

Georgia 35

Texas 36

Washington 37

Michigan 38

Wisconsin 39

Delaware 40

Colorado 41

New York 42

California 43

Massachusetts 44

Nevada 45

Illinois 46

Minnesota 47

New Hampshire 48

Connecticut 49

New Jersey 50

District of Columbia -

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Give us a link. Everything I've seen has shown that Texas pays more in taxes than it gets in federal funding for the last 20 years.

Never mind, this link shows that you are full of crap, as if we needed any further proof. Between 1981 and 2004 Texas has never received more than it gave. Can your state say that?

Depends on how you define "my state". Minnesota is where i grew up and as you can see from the rankings, they rely less on the FED than TX. Now AZ on the otherhand, a bright RED state, not so much.

How can a team from Texas, a state full of people so self centered and with a superiority complex that they once believed they should pull out of the United States and be there own country, ever be seriously considered as "America's Team"? :D

sounds like YOU are the self centered one

Depends on how you define "my state". Minnesota is where i grew up and as you can see from the rankings, they rely less on the FED than TX. Now AZ on the otherhand, a bright RED state, not so much.

TEXAS does not even have a state personal income tax, we use a flat sales tax--so in all honestly, Texas has one of the lowest tax rates in the country. do your homework player hater

yeah and garcia is straight.

Oh no no no, he is a flamer!

Oh no no no, he is a flamer!

He thertantly choosed the right profession getting to take hot steamy showers with all those big muscular brutes! :D

:D

And what is wrong with that. It aint braggin if its true. BTW, Texas is the only state in the US that is self sufficent enough to be a country, without US support, not even CA, FLA or NY can say that.

Oh yeah? PROVE IT. :D