[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HD idiot

Steelhead

Don't feel too bad, a friend of mine sent his wife to the cable office to trade in their box for an HD box, since they had an HD capable TV for over a year and just never bothered to get the right box. After an hour and a half in line she was told she had the right box for HD, and they were paying for the service, she just needed to change to the right channel.

So that's where the SOB channel is !!! I was finally able to even watch NFL N after a lengthy time without my HD receiver because it fried itself.....actually happend just before the first NFL N game was broadcast....obviously didn't see that. Last night I was b*tching because I finally get it and its not in HD....

95 it is. You think they would make that more known. I hate Bryant Gumbel....he takes all the life out of play by play....

A few months ago, I had an hour-long argument over the phone with my parents (who are usually fairly savvy about technology) when they got their HDTV because they insisted that they were getting HD programming despite the fact that they were still using the same box that they'd had for the last several years. Finally, after a couple of weeks, they decided to call the cable company who (surprise!) said they needed an HD box. Lo and behold, my mom calls me soon after that and says, "Yeah, this looks a whole lot better than it did before..."

and watched the entire game last night on NFL network which isnt' broadcast in HD. Then I just start running thru channels and saw 95 was a DirecTV channel and it broadcasted the game in HD.

:D

yeah, Comcast has that....they have a channel called INHD and it even shows the NFL Network replays of games on this channel simultaneously at least half the time...

Contrary to what some huddlers told me last week re: HD on nfl network. I did not have the game in HD on nfl network nor was there another channel showing the game in HD. That is some serious B.S.

Comast has a channel called INHD that they choose a smattering of HD programs for. Last week it was TNF. Last night, it was something considerably less footbally.

You guys should really learn to use the filters on the guide to only show sports programming. Actually, spend some time with the remote control and the USERS MANUAL. You'd be surprised what you'll learn about your system.

Just a question for those with direct tv hd. I have direct tv but not hd yet willsoon. But are the hd channels not listed in the on screen program guides?

Once you get the HD box, they will be listed on the guide.

Don't feel too bad, a friend of mine sent his wife to the cable office to trade in their box for an HD box, since they had an HD capable TV for over a year and just never bothered to get the right box. After an hour and a half in line she was told she had the right box for HD, and they were paying for the service, she just needed to change to the right channel.

Geez, that must suck as much as regular TV does. :D

Just a question for those with direct tv hd. I have direct tv but not hd yet willsoon. But are the hd channels not listed in the on screen program guides?

They charged me $20 to upgrade. I got the receiver(non-dvr) and a new much larger dish.

So that's where the SOB channel is !!! I was finally able to even watch NFL N after a lengthy time without my HD receiver because it fried itself.....actually happend just before the first NFL N game was broadcast....obviously didn't see that. Last night I was b*tching because I finally get it and its not in HD....

95 it is. You think they would make that more known. I hate Bryant Gumbel....he takes all the life out of play by play....

i find this interesting because one of my box's fried itself....these thing must really be pieces of crap. and the company won't repair them...-you have to buy a new one. :D

Comast has a channel called INHD that they choose a smattering of HD programs for. Last week it was TNF. Last night, it was something considerably less footbally.

Cox Communications in Arizona had a similar showing on the NFL HD channel...I saw the first two Thursday night games fine, without paying for the channel, then this week I was robbed.

Haha, that's a good one. No dish for me, they can't handle bad weather. I like my reception to be protected and buried in the ground. I love to hash it out with the dish door to door guys and explain to them that I get all the Cowboy, Texans, and Saints games free b/c of where I live. And don't let them fool you with that cheaper jibberish, if you add all the movie channels it is more than cable with all the movie channels.

Contrary to what some huddlers told me last week re: HD on nfl network. I did not have the game in HD on nfl network nor was there another channel showing the game in HD. That is some serious B.S.

I do. After the thread last week I found the HD NFL Channel. To bad it was Browns/Steelers

You guys should really learn to use the filters on the guide to only show sports programming. Actually, spend some time with the remote control and the USERS MANUAL. You'd be surprised what you'll learn about your system.

Real men never use the instruction manual, we just consider it additional packing material :D