[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ranking the last 20 Heisman trophy winners

BeeR

what are they ranked by, height? Or amount of strange they got on Heismann night?

that's the dumbest thing I ever say in my life.

Cuz if they're ranked on worthiness or NFL future production. It is sorely lacking.

OK - Barry being No. 1 is probably right on by any measure, but otherwise that was pointless.

Lot's of NFL busts in that list. Thankfully not one playing for the Bengals!

The worst thing about that list is the huge number of NFL busts that are on the list.

Right now, if you ranked them based on what they did in the pros, you would have to place Barry Sanders first, Tim Brown second, Vinnie Testeverde third and Carson Palmer fourth--after that, the level of effectiveness in the NFL drops off a cliff.... :D

The worst thing about that list is the huge number of NFL busts that are on the list.

Right now, if you ranked them based on what they did in the pros, you would have to place Barry Sanders first, Tim Brown second, Vinnie Testeverde third and Carson Palmer fourth--after that, the level of effectiveness in the NFL drops off a cliff.... :D

Not quite "off a cliff"

Eddie George played 9 years, had 7 1000-yard rushing seasons, had over 1500 total yards 5 times, and scored 78 touchdowns.

He's gotta rank somewhere there in the 3-4-5 area. (For reference, Tim Brown scored 100 TD).

It's Friday. Somebody who knows how should change this post into a best 20 swimsuits from SI.

Put me down for the Cheryl Teigs fishnet. May have been the first boobs I ever laid my eyes on (can't remember)

I'm a Kathy Ireland fan. Standard bikini I am thinking. Possibly white?

It's Friday. Somebody who knows how should change this post into a best 20 swimsuits from SI.

Put me down for the Cheryl Teigs fishnet. May have been the first boobs I ever laid my eyes on (can't remember)

Naw, that first see-through wet t-shirt one. Elle McPherson? yowzers!!

Not quite "off a cliff"

Eddie George played 9 years, had 7 1000-yard rushing seasons, had over 1500 total yards 5 times, and scored 78 touchdowns.

He's gotta rank somewhere there in the 3-4-5 area. (For reference, Tim Brown scored 100 TD).

Any year now, Ron Dayne is going to break out....

it is amazing how many sh*tty qb's that played for the right team won this thing

yeah, but a few of them were really great QBs in college, their game just didn't translate to the pros. like charlie ward.

It's not guys like Ward or Ware I mean - they arguably deserved it as best player in college although they couldn't make it in pros (and who knows in ward's case).

It's the guys at the tail end of that ranking like Torreta, White, Crouch...right team that won, but they weren't the best player or even close (and this isn't an MVP race where you can argue what "most valuable" should mean). And I remember thinkign that at the time on each of these guys.

I do agree with Sarge on one thing here - the fact that Bush got 84% is crazy when compared to Young - not saying he didn't necessarily deserve it, but that really should have been a close race.