[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mozzarella Sticks

Scare Tactics

Ok, I always order Mozzarella Sticks or Fried Mozzarella when i go out to eat because i love them. I actually think that Carrabbas & TGI. Fridays have good ones. But when it comes to buying frozen ones to make in the house i cannot find any that are even decent. Ive tried the Frozen TGI. Fridays sticks that u buy in the supermarket & they arent good, ive tried a few others, i forget the brands, 1 of them is the one they sell at Costco. Anyway they are never crispy, they are always soft & saggy. Does any 1 have any suggestions. I dont use a microwave, I usually cook them in the toaster oven...

As someone already said, Fry-daddy's are inexpensive fryers that will get the results done for cheese sticks.

Trader Joe's have the best cheese sticks out there and get crispy by baking them. Of course not as crispy as if you deepfried them which you could do in a cast irom skillet if needed. And use canola or peanut oil

Trader Joe's have the best cheese sticks out there and get crispy by baking them. Of course not as crispy as if you deepfried them which you could do in a cast irom skillet if needed. And use canola or peanut oil

I will give Trader Joes sticks a try. I really dont want to buy a deep frier just for Mozz. sticks.. Though i will if push comes to shove. BTW, Trader Joes has a kicka$$ all natural BBQ sauce in my opinion.

I will give Trader Joes sticks a try. I really dont want to buy a deep frier just for Mozz. sticks.. Though i will if push comes to shove. BTW, Trader Joes has a kicka$$ all natural BBQ sauce in my opinion.

you can do it in a pot of oil..... doesn't have to be a deep frier

Deep fryers work well for loaded potato skins too.

Best chicken nuggets are done in a frier, but, havent bought those for a while... maybe next trip to Costco I will pick up a bag.. you know, for my son..... yeah, that's the ticket.... then a small layer of oil in a pan or a pot and I too won't need to buy a frier...... of course, if trying to cut down on my waistband, I wouldnt buy the nugget sto begin with...... oh well, rambling on a fryer thread... mmmmmm (insert Homer Simpson drool here)

you got a recipe for that?

they work well for chicken wings, onion rings, and donuts too!

It's really easy.

I'll bake 3 or 4 potatoes and then cut in half. I'll then scape out the insides leaving enough to where your skins aren't too big. I'll then cut those in half. If you can control the heat on your fryer I'll drop them into the oil at 375 and let them cook for a few minutes.

Remove potato skins from fryer and then drain on paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then load up with shredded cheese and bacon bits. Place under broiler until cheese melts then top with chives and sour cream.

Bingo... a little slice of cardiac arrest.

How much oil, and how much of a flame? I mean till the oil is bubbling a bit? Then drop the sticks in there? Also what type of oil, is a regular old EVOO ok to use?

in a 2-4 qt pot....

you don't need a "ton" of oil... about 16-32 should be enough.

a thermometer helps... get oil to about 325 or 350

veg, canola, and peanut work well.

usually just cook until they are golden brown (and/or floating)... for these prob 3-5 min.

that being said, a cheap little deep frier doesn't hurt. fun to have around for good fries and other things. great to use to entertain on game days. buf wings and a lot of those frozen apps in the supermarket turn out better fried.

It's really easy.

I'll bake 3 or 4 potatoes and then cut in half. I'll then scape out the insides leaving enough to where your skins aren't too big. I'll then cut those in half. If you can control the heat on your fryer I'll drop them into the oil at 375 and let them cook for a few minutes.

Remove potato skins from fryer and then drain on paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then load up with shredded cheese and bacon bits. Place under broiler until cheese melts then top with chives and sour cream.

Bingo... a little slice of cardiac arrest.

can make some nice mashers from that... also the core of twice baked that i make:

butter

chopped chives

sour cream

s&p

in a 2-4 qt pot....

you don't need a "ton" of oil... about 16-32 should be enough.

a thermometer helps... get oil to about 325 or 350

veg, canola, and peanut work well.

usually just cook until they are golden brown (and/or floating)... for these prob 3-5 min.

that being said, a cheap little deep frier doesn't hurt. fun to have around for good fries and other things. great to use to entertain on game days. buf wings and a lot of those frozen apps in the supermarket turn out better fried.

Ok maybe this is going to sound stupid, but ive never had a frier or used one. Dont they make a mess? And then must be a pain in the a$$ to clean, and also your throwing out like 16oz's of oil every time that you use it?? Also i dont throw old oil & grease down my drain because i have a septic tank and its not good for it. We have to put grease from bacon & such in a old coffee can and throw it out...

Ok maybe this is going to sound stupid, but ive never had a frier or used one. Dont they make a mess? And then must be a pain in the a$$ to clean, and also your throwing out like 16oz's of oil every time that you use it?? Also i dont throw old oil & grease down my drain because i have a septic tank and its not good for it. We have to put grease from bacon & such in a old coffee can and throw it out...

not stupid at all...good questions.

most have lid that contain most mess. usually not terrible at teh end of the day. cleaning: let it cool, then it's pretty much soap and water. once that oil cools, i strain it and save it ( :D often in gatroade bottles). that gives you your "frier oil." you don't want to think about how many runs oil gets at a fast food restaurant... so it's fine to give it until it's moderately colored. discard just like you do your other grease.