[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

how 'bout some frikkin' love for McAllister?

hezagenius

Seriously, at what point does Deuce say to Sean Payton, "Um, how bout some love at the goal line?" To his credit, he's been a team guy all year from what I can tell, no complaints, and the Saints are winning, but he's been their rock all year, quietly banging the tough yards, opening things up for Brees to play Dan Marino, yet it seems like every time they get to the 1 it's either some cutesy-azzz play-action call, or Bush.

OR SOMEONE NAMED MIKE KARNEY!! :D

First round of playoffs, I'm down 5 with Holt tonight and my opponent has Muhammad. Not a terrible spot, but I'd be alot better off if McAllister got 1 or 2 TDs last night (not an unreasonable ask given how that game turned out), or if the Patriots' kicker could do better than a $#@#&^%!! goose egg. :D:D

First round of playoffs, I'm down 5 with Holt tonight and my opponent has Muhammad. Not a terrible spot, but I'd be alot better off if McAllister got 1 or 2 TDs last night (not an unreasonable ask given how that game turned out), or if the Patriots' kicker could do better than a $#@#&^%!! goose egg. :D:D

You and I must have the same team. Gost-frikking-blowski gets a bagel for me. I benched Wilkins for him since I kind of figured Brady and the Patriots would be fired up for a division game and Wilkins was playing Chicago. Then Deuce only gets me 5 when his team puts up about a million points against the Boys! Even LT may not save me. Luckily I am still in the playoffs and would have played the same guy next week no mater what. Still, it would be nice knowing that Payton is comfortable giving Deuce the rock for three straight carries, if necessary, on the goal line.

Gotta show some love for the bowling ball. Payton has said that Karney has some plays drawn up just for him. I guess he saw something in the Dallas D that he could exploit with him.

But what about the guy who's been their workhorse all season? Why not some love for him? :D

But what about the guy who's been their workhorse all season? Why not some love for him? :D

He doesn't care. Rajncajn apparently knows McAllister and says that he doesn't give a damn about scoring any TDs after busting his ass moving the team down the field to the goal line, and also doesn't understand why any RB would care about such silly stuff.

He doesn't care. Rajncajn apparently knows McAllister and says that he doesn't give a damn about scoring any TDs after busting his ass moving the team down the field to the goal line, and also doesn't understand why any RB would care about such silly stuff.

:D

Seriously, eff the fullback...Deuce is the pack mule on that team. GIVE HIM THE TDs NEXT WEEK AGAINST THE SKINS, PAYTON!!! :D

21 carries for 111 yards sure seems like an awful lot of love to me.

I'll break it down for you BB, here are the scoring drives for the Saints and how Deuce was used or not used:

1st TD - Both Deuce & Bush were used on the ground, neither were effective other than Bush's run after the sack. Up until that point in the game NO had little going on offense other than the passing game. When they got in the red zone Payton tried to throw it in with an incomplete, then he pulled the Karney page from his playbook & it worked like a charm.

2nd TD - Deuce was given two shots in the red zone. He gained 5 & 4 yds, but didn't punch it in. Karney worked again.

3rd TD - Deep pass to Jamal Jones.

4th TD - 61 yd run by Bush

5th TD - Deuce again was given two shots in the red zone. He scored, but it was negated by a bogus penalty. Dallas would obviously be expecting Deuce to get the call again so Payton exploited them once more with Karney. Had he not made the TD Deuce would have certainly gotten another shot.

6th TD - Deep pass to Devery.

So now that it's been spelled out to you in mind-numbing detail, please...once again attempt to explain to the rest of us how Payton is screwing Deuce at the goal-line. And if you've already broken your shovel after that I'll let you borrow one so you can dig yourself even deeper. :D

2nd TD - Deuce was given two shots in the red zone. He gained 5 & 4 yds, but didn't punch it in. Karney worked again.

Yeah, gaining 4 yds & then 5 yds in the red zone is a great reason for going away from the guy. Who the hell needs a RB who averages 4.5 ypc in the red zone, anyhow? How could any coach expect that RB to ever score?

Good argument on your part. I stand corrected.

So now that it's been spelled out to you in mind-numbing detail, please...once again attempt to explain to the rest of us how Payton is screwing Deuce at the goal-line. And if you've already broken your shovel after that I'll let you borrow one so you can dig yourself even deeper. :D

I think it's fairly obvious that alot of the comments on this topic are made tongue in cheek - most of us recognize that Payton's priorities may not be the same as our own when it comes down to who scores the TD.

But as long as it's mind numbing detail that you want, than let's not gloss over some of the relevant particulars. On the second TD drive, Deuce's two red zone carries were from the 20 and from the 15. As noted by BB, gaining 5 and 4 yards on those two carries is excellent production, hard to really characterize that as "not punching it in". Then when they got to the 3, they ran play action to Deuce and hit Karney for the TD. Can't fault the play call, but can't fault us Deuce owners for being upset with it either.

On the fifth TD drive, Deuce got his shot from the 2 and didn't get in, then got the TD but had it nullified. Even a Deuce owner can't quibble with Payton throwing it on second-and-gaol from the 6 (after the penalty).

The killer possession to me was the first TD drive - Saints get some crazy "non-football move" penalty called on Ware to give them third-and-gaol from the 2, then line up in an I formation with Deuce the deep back. Than Brees calls timeout, and they come back out with Deuce not even on the field and run it up the gut with Karney after sending Bush in motion out of the backfield.

I think it's fairly obvious that alot of the comments on this topic are made tongue in cheek - most of us recognize that Payton's priorities may not be the same as our own when it comes down to who scores the TD.

I know, I'm just busting BBs balls. :D

Shhhh...he's about to post some legthy bullsh*t to try to make his point again. :D

Edited by rajncajn

Actually, I really don't have a problem with giving a good fullback some love. The guys bust their asses, don't get many opportunities to touch the ball, and let the RB get all the glory. GB them getting some chances, especially near the goal line.

I do have a problem with a workhorse like McAllister on the bench repeatedly while the proclaimed rookie idol of the NFL vultures all the TDs, like last week. McAllister is a better red zone RB than Bush in running situations. The numbers clearly play that out:

McAllister - Red zone carries

32 Att

6 Tds

3.2 ypc

13 1st downs

success rate = 59.4%

Bush - Red zone carries

23 Att

4 Tds

3.7 ypc

5 1st downs

success rate = 39.1%

I'm not the HC of the Saints, and he's the only one accountable here, but if my featured RB is either scoring or getting a new set of downs on 3 of every 5 carries in the red zone, and he's the one muscling the team down the field, I'm giving him some shots at the end zone as a reward - especially if my rookie RB is 20% less successful in the same situation in the red zone.

But that's just me, I guess...

I'm not the HC of the Saints, and he's the only one accountable here, but if my featured RB is either scoring or getting a new set of downs on 3 of every 5 carries in the red zone, and he's the one muscling the team down the field, I'm giving him some shots at the end zone as a reward - especially if my rookie RB is 20% less successful in the same situation in the red zone.

But that's just me, I guess...

On the other hand, if the rookie RB is really loved by the team - and especially if the vet RB has legitimately taken the kid under his wing - I might give the kid a few shots in a game I knew we had in the bag. I'd still let the vet get a few cracks at it though, too.

rajn, i've been able to watch a lot of saints games thanks to sunday ticket, and is it me or does it seem like payton has called a WHOLE FRIGGIN' LOT of play-action with deuce at the goal line, and elsewhere, this year, and on 1st and 2nd downs, too? as in, surprisingly too much for a guy with a power back like mcallister? i understand play-action has its place and time and i'm all for passing when the D thinks you're going to run and vice versa, but i've just seen a ton of it in the red zone with deuce in the backfield.

Edited by msaint

Gotta show some love for the bowling ball. Payton has said that Karney has some plays drawn up just for him. I guess he saw something in the Dallas D that he could exploit with him.

Yeah next time they do a reverse with Bush he'll get the ball. :D He had nice moves at almost full speed on the TD run.

Keep Parcells guessing.