[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Definition of Outcoached and Outplayed.

Cowboyz1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None taken. Until we learn to tackle (someone please explain how our defense got worse from last year), we don't.

Biggest difference, offense was usually up big, allowing the defense to pin its ears back on the QB, not having to stop the run late in games. Add fewer missed tackles from the rookie LBs. Last yr, they seemed to be playing for their starting job, while now Hill and Tatupu seem a lil to comfortable.

Wow. Now that was beating. Like watching the Ocean beat the rocks. Man oh Man what a consistant, steady beating. Sean Payton comes in with game plan for the ages and the personel to execute. Number 44, what's his name, Karney, are kiddin me. You know they didn' t plan to defend against Karney from getting 3 Touchdowns. Please, that was a sick exhibition of the tail wagging the dog if I have ever seen one. Bress was flawless and Romo, was, well, "Romorkably shook". I wanna believe that this game was an aberation but the way the defense folded up like a lawn chair, especially late, has me scratching the ole noggin.

The onsides kick was great call and ended all hopes of a comeback.

That game was just a nightmare and the Saints are marching in, and it doesn't look like anyone can stop them.

Round two will be a very interesting game. We shall meet again Saints. :D

Well said! I agree 100%

I keep seeing in other threads where peeps are wondering why dallas abandoned the running game. They didn't. They only had 19 offensive plays in the first half! 7 runs, 12 passes. The problem is too many people were listening to Madden. By the second half they didn't have much choice but to throw it. My hats off to the Saints - keeping the Dallas O off the field, then playing well on defense. Practically a perfect game played by them.

After watching that game last night I feel like Sean Payton is the best coach in the league.Yes he has the players but he absolutely understands how to utilitze everyone on that team.I was seriously depressed after Al Michaels talked about how the Packers decided they did not want to give him the HC job there.

Tonight they proved to be. But somehow I doubt that will be the case again.

There is no better way to break down tape and gameplan for a game than to look at a recent game between the two......There is NO WAY this game get's out of hand again if they play again....

Well said! I agree 100%

I keep seeing in other threads where peeps are wondering why dallas abandoned the running game. They didn't. They only had 19 offensive plays in the first half! 7 runs, 12 passes. The problem is too many people were listening to Madden. By the second half they didn't have much choice but to throw it. My hats off to the Saints - keeping the Dallas O off the field, then playing well on defense. Practically a perfect game played by them.

I didnt listen to Madden, I watched the game. Dallas only had 19 offensive plays, because they didnt run more than they passed, in the first half. Had they not passed 12 times in the first half, many incomplete, and instead ran the rock right down their throat, they may have had 25 running plays in the first half. And still could have thrown probably thrown 8 passes over the top, after the Saints brought their safeties up to stop the run.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

How do you look past, or not prepare for an 8-4 team on Sunday Night? Sounds like a pretty lame excuse for the ass-whooping you took. You were prepared, but got destroyed by a better football team. Plain and simple.

Got to think that JJ's 70 plus yd TD run might have actually benefitted the Saints. Cowboys might have started believing what many thought that they would win this game easily.

How do you look past, or not prepare for an 8-4 team on Sunday Night? Sounds like a pretty lame excuse for the ass-whooping you took. You were prepared, but got destroyed by a better football team. Plain and simple.

For one night, the Saints were a better football team. But come on, this has got to be the most over-reation Ive seen by 2 teams on this board in a while. Dallas didnt play well, but are not an inferior team to the Saints, I dont care what the score states. Dallas was sky high after a huge divisional win last week, and the team was believeing their press clippings about winning out, and a lock for the SB in the NFC. This team was looking past the Saints, and if you dont believe me, ask any local who listens to the radio, or what Jerry Jones was saying, about ATL being a trap game, already chalking this up as a win.

This could have been the best thing for the Boys, in the long run. Do you think Parcells is going to have a hard time bringing this team back to earth again this yr, if they win a few games in a row again. Not a chance. Id love to play NO again, because the best team just got humbled, and they wont let it happen again.

For one night, the Saints were a better football team. But come on, this has got to be the most over-reation Ive seen by 2 teams on this board in a while. Dallas didnt play well, but are not an inferior team to the Saints, I dont care what the score states. Dallas was sky high after a huge divisional win last week, and the team was believeing their press clippings about winning out, and a lock for the SB in the NFC. This team was looking past the Saints, and if you dont believe me, ask any local who listens to the radio, or what Jerry Jones was saying, about ATL being a trap game, already chalking this up as a win.

This could have been the best thing for the Boys, in the long run. Do you think Parcells is going to have a hard time bringing this team back to earth again this yr, if they win a few games in a row again. Not a chance. Id love to play NO again, because the best team just got humbled, and they wont let it happen again.

LMAO, spin it any way you want to. The Saints have been the better team all year long and just b i t c h-slapped your team in YOUR HOUSE. Hell, the Eagles gave them a better fight in the Superdome! The best team got humbled....LMAO!

Edited by The Next Generation

LMAO, spin it any way you want to. The Saints have been the better team all year long and just b i t c h-slapped your team in YOUR HOUSE. Hell, the Eagles gave them a better fight in the Superdome! The best team got humbled....LMAO!

How have they been the better team all year. They had the same record coming in, yet dallas had scored more points and had a much better defense. Im just curious, how NO has been the better team all year long.

After last nights 42 points, the Saints just passed Dallas 352-348 in points scored, and are still behind them in points against for defense. To say Dallas played a tougher schedule to date, is an understatement, and NO still has to play Carolina who has already beat them down once and NYG, who will probably also beat them. I wouldnt be counting on that #2 seed just yet. Dallas wins out and they are ahead of NO, even after losing head to head.

How have they been the better team all year. They had the same record coming in, yet dallas had scored more points and had a much better defense. Im just curious, how NO has been the better team all year long.

After last nights 42 points, the Saints just passed Dallas 352-348 in points scored, and are still behind them in points against for defense. To say Dallas played a tougher schedule to date, is an understatement, and NO still has to play Carolina who has already beat them down once and NYG, who will probably also beat them. I wouldnt be counting on that #2 seed just yet. Dallas wins out and they are ahead of NO, even after losing head to head.

Dallas is going to lose to Atlanta, and then there's a pretty good chance they don't win the Division. Dallas is good, but not that good, and they just showed it last night.

Yeah and if the Eagles win out, they win the NFC East. Remember, they b i t c h-slapped your boys, too. :D

Let's see:

1. NO has a significantly better, and more experienced, QB.

2. NO has a better RB tandem.

2A. NO has a MUCH better OL.

3. NO has a better set of WRs in Horn/Colston/Henderson.

4. NO plays in a much tougher divsion, hands down, and now has a better record than the Cowboys.

5. Aside from the Romo-decision, Parcells has been rather ordinary in is coaching. Payton, ont he other hand, may end up Coach of the Year with what he has done to incorporate THIRTY-FOUR new players into a 3-13 team.

6. Yes, the Dallas defense may be a tad better....a tad. But Roy Williams and company better get things figured out mighty quick, or you may lose that edge.

So let's see....NO has the better QB, RBs, WRs, coach, and perhaps even defense.

Does that satisfy your curiosity as to why the Saints are a better club?

I will say Dallas may have been playing better than the Saints for a 3-4 game stretch mid-season when the film on Romo was relatively new, but for the first 6 games of the year, and last night, the Saints proved they are far and above the Cowboys.

I've always believed in the saying that no NFL team is as good or bad as they were the week before. If the Saints meet the Cowboys in the playoffs the betting line will reflect that.

Exactly- the truth lies somewhere in the middle- Dallas is better than they showed last night, but not nearly as good as the Romo nutriders would have you believe they are. Dallas will be in the mix in the NFC playoffs, put them in with NO, Sea, Philly. All will have a tough go at Soldier field.

Biggest difference, offense was usually up big, allowing the defense to pin its ears back on the QB, not having to stop the run late in games. Add fewer missed tackles from the rookie LBs. Last yr, they seemed to be playing for their starting job, while now Hill and Tatupu seem a lil to comfortable.

Bingo, and it's so frustrating :D:D

But, not to hijack this thread.. Drew Brees and New Orleans will beat Dallas should they meet again. :bash:

I didnt listen to Madden, I watched the game. Dallas only had 19 offensive plays, because they didnt run more than they passed, in the first half. Had they not passed 12 times in the first half, many incomplete, and instead ran the rock right down their throat, they may have had 25 running plays in the first half. And still could have thrown probably thrown 8 passes over the top, after the Saints brought their safeties up to stop the run.

I watched the game too. Lets break down the first half.

1st series: JJ TD

2nd series: JJ 0 yards, JJ 4 yards. 3rd and 6 incomplete pass. Didn't abandon the run.

3rd series: score 7-7. Incomplete pass. 2nd down INT. 2 total plays - no chance to establish anything.

4th series;score 7-14. JJ 10 yards, JJ 5 yards, Romo sacked -10. 3rd and 15 incomplete. Didn't abandon the run there. The sack killed them and put them in a passing situation.

5th series: score 7-14. JJ 10 yards, Romo 1 yard, JJ 3 yards. 3rd and 6 incomplete pass. Didn't abandon the run. At this point there was 7 run plays and 7 pass plays. No proof of abandoning the run.

6th series: score now 7-21 with 36 seconds remaining At this point its a no brainer - you have to pass to get in FG range. 5 pass plays in a row got them into field goal range - exactly what was needed.

I still don't understand where peeps are coming up with 'abandoning the run' concept. :D

I watched the game too. Lets break down the first half.

1st series: JJ TD

2nd series: JJ 0 yards, JJ 4 yards. 3rd and 6 incomplete pass. Didn't abandon the run.

3rd series: score 7-7. Incomplete pass. 2nd down INT. 2 total plays - no chance to establish anything.

4th series;score 7-14. JJ 10 yards, JJ 5 yards, Romo sacked -10. 3rd and 15 incomplete. Didn't abandon the run there. The sack killed them and put them in a passing situation.

5th series: score 7-14. JJ 10 yards, Romo 1 yard, JJ 3 yards. 3rd and 6 incomplete pass. Didn't abandon the run. At this point there was 7 run plays and 7 pass plays. No proof of abandoning the run.

6th series: score now 7-21 with 36 seconds remaining At this point its a no brainer - you have to pass to get in FG range. 5 pass plays in a row got them into field goal range - exactly what was needed.

I still don't understand where peeps are coming up with 'abandoning the run' concept. :D

um, what did jacksonville do yesterday when it was 3rd down. they ran the ball. dallas didnt run it once on 3rd down. Also, I wouldnt have passed once, until they forced me to punt after running on 3 straight downs. THat never happened. There was no reson to pass on the 3rd series, or the 4th series, which cost them the sack and then forced them to pass, or even the 5th series when its 3rd and 6, when you are picking up chunks of 60+, 10, 10, 5, 4. They should have spread them out on 3rd down and ran it down their throat again. So yeah, they abondoned the run. Dallas knew NO was potent on offense, and should have used the same game plan they used to beat Indy. Run, Run, Run, and punt if you have to. Limit posessions, hold field position, and shorten the game. The biggest weakness in this game coming in was the NO run D, the biggest weakness coming out was the Dallas pass D, because they abondoned the game plan to beat a high powered offense, they showed just a few weeks earlier.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

um, what did jacksonville do yesterday when it was 3rd down. they ran the ball. dallas didnt run it once on 3rd down. Also, I wouldnt have passed once, until they forced me to punt after running on 3 straight downs. THat never happened. There was no reson to pass on the 3rd series, or the 4th series, which cost them the sack and then forced them to pass, or even the 5th series when its 3rd and 6, when you are picking up chunks of 60+, 10, 10, 5, 4. They should have spread them out on 3rd down and ran it down their throat again. So yeah, they abondoned the run. Dallas knew NO was potent on offense, and should have used the same game plan they used to beat Indy. Run, Run, Run, and punt if you have to. Limit posessions, hold field position, and shorten the game. The biggest weakness in this game coming in was the NO run D, the biggest weakness coming out was the Dallas pass D, because they abondoned the game plan to beat a high powered offense, they showed just a few weeks earlier.

Thats apples and oranges. You can't compare Jax's successful gameplan vs an Indy D with what Dallas did vs NO D. Besides, Dallas knows how to beat Indy, and it wasn't with running the ball 85% of the time :D

3 series in a row they were faced with 3rd and 6. No way would I run the ball on all 3 of those occassions. Besides, and I'm sure you know this, Dallas under Romo has one of the highest 3rd down conversion percentages in the league. With that being the case, you go with what you're good at. 7 runs and 7 passes is very balanced - at some point you gotta give the NO D credit for stopping Romo on 3rd down.

Got to think that JJ's 70 plus yd TD run might have actually benefitted the Saints. Cowboys might have started believing what many thought that they would win this game easily.

Great point. I was thinking the same thing. I relaxed a little after JJ's run myself. Human nature I suppose.

Great point. I was thinking the same thing. I relaxed a little after JJ's run myself. Human nature I suppose.

As a Saints fan I was certainly thinking the same thing too. In fact, I was actually beginning to wonder how a huge lost might affect the Saints mentally the rest of the season. Once the scored was tied I immediately felt the momentum had swung and the Cowboys seemed unable to get it back their way. A 7 point favorite in the NFL is a fairly heavy favorite, so I could see how the dallas players might lose their focus since the score came so easy.

Edited by Rockerbraves

As a Saints fan I was certainly thinking the same thing too. In fact, I was actually beginning to wonder how a huge lost might affect the Saints mentally the rest of the season. Once the scored was tied I immediately felt the momentum had swung and the Cowboys seemed unable to get it back their way. A 7 point favorite in the NFL is a fairly heavy favorite, so I could see how the dallas players might lose their focus since the score came so easy.

Well that and a two drives of 95 and 88 on the 4th ranked D in the league helps to shut down any momentum. Now I'm wondering the same about our mental makeup a bit. Parcells teams are usually mentally tough but that was a beating that could take some time to heal from. Or it could be a galvanizing loss that makes them more hungry and humble. I hope its that latter.

To be honest going in I knew it would be a shootout and in rajns thread I predicted Dallas 34-24. That being said I dont see what the over analysis here is all about..No excuses Dallas had no answers for the Saints that night. The Saints beat their asses..I know the Cowboys fans myself included are excited about the opportunities we have had since Romo took over but no one expected them to never lose a game again as long as hes qb..The Giants also beat up Dallas in big D and we came back in their house with the possibility of the division on the line and beat them in their backyard..The Saints deserve a lot of credit for the win and should be considered a threat in the NFL..Not because of the feel good story but because they are a great football team and proved it Sunday night..I still feel good about Dallas..Lets see how Romo / Parcells and the rest of the boys respond to getting whooped..