[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

99 yard TD drive

bushwacked

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fricken Hester just single-handedly knocked me out of the playoffs in my biggest money league. And the worst part is, that same team started Marion Barber this week, but the Bears D still scores more than enough to overcome that RB goose-egg! :D:D

If it is any solace, I just barely lost in my local with that Bulger to S Jax hookup.

my misery is enjoying your company.

Fricken Hester just single-handedly knocked me out of the playoffs in my biggest money league. And the worst part is, that same team started Marion Barber this week, but the Bears D still scores more than enough to overcome that RB goose-egg! :D:D

i feel your pain. hester's name will never be spoken again in my household, either.

What a great catch by Holt! 26 yards.

doesn't matter now. i'm up by 1.16 points. he has bears D. with that sack, he gets a point. if the rams score, he loses 2 points, but i'd still lose by .16 points. oh man, fantasy football can be a cruel, cruel mistress.

Hester is GONE again!!!!! #6 return TD for the year!!

cost me a playoff win :D

I trailed by 9 entering tonight...I had Sjax, opponent had CHI defense and Wilkins.

My starting RBs were Sjax (25) and Alexander (5) and MBIII (0) in the flex spot.

Left KJ, Burress and Glenn out of that flex spot.

Lost by four. :D

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

That Hester guy is something special. Bears fans gotta feel good about Grossman's decent showing.

Except that it was against the Rams. Take a look at the list of nobodys that have had good games against us this year. Noah Herron, anyone?

That Hester guy is something special. Bears fans gotta feel good about Grossman's decent showing.

yeah, i'll take those stats from grossman every game. i don't care if the guy doesn't win us an game by himself, i just don't want him to be losing a game by himself. with the other strengths of that team, i'll take 13/23-200-2 every week.

I hesitate to say this, but even though I'm a Bears fan I wasn't that impressed last night. Sure, Rex got mostly back on track and sure, Hester had two runbacks, but the D showed itself to be very vulnerable. St Louis gained yards in chunks.

I think the injuries are beginning to tell on the Bears D and they looked very tired going into the fourth. That might have been a result of the two runbacks, which put the D back on the field pretty much immediately, but I felt there was some cause for concern here. Time of possession for the game wasn't far out of whack.

add me to the list of FF seasons killed by the Bears DEF/ST. I was up 50 points going into MNF in a TD heavy league going up against Bulger/Holt/Bears.

and they scored 7 freaking TDs in less than three quarters

i personally blame the Rams Special Teams for giving up the two TDs to Hester (speacial teams coach should lose his job after last night, especially with a botched XP and missed FG), thus putting Bulger and Holt on the field. The Bears DEF was spent in the fourth quarter playing the saddest of prevents.

There is no way i would have thought this game would be that high scoring..

yeah, i'll take those stats from grossman every game. i don't care if the guy doesn't win us an game by himself, i just don't want him to be losing a game by himself. with the other strengths of that team, i'll take 13/23-200-2 every week.

That is exactly the type of game Grossman needed to have...He needs to continue playing like that for the Bears to have a chance in the playoffs...

That is exactly the type of game Grossman needed to have...He needs to continue playing like that for the Bears to have a chance in the playoffs...

yeah, that was my main thought. hopefully from last night, he realizes that nobody is expecting him to carry team on his shoulders. all he needs to do is perform when asked and let the others do the work when they are asked. even on a night where the defense did not look on top of their game, they were able to win using a lot of their weapons on their roster. as you said, that was the type of game he needed to have. moderate numbers, decent throws most of the time, come out with a win.

yeah, that was my main thought. hopefully from last night, he realizes that nobody is expecting him to carry team on his shoulders. all he needs to do is perform when asked and let the others do the work when they are asked. even on a night where the defense did not look on top of their game, they were able to win using a lot of their weapons on their roster. as you said, that was the type of game he needed to have. moderate numbers, decent throws most of the time, come out with a win.

Hellooooo, against the Rams. Worst D on the planet. Hellooooo?

Hellooooo, against the Rams. Worst D on the planet. Hellooooo?

ok, ok, we get it. i read your first post and didn't respond. here's my response after you won't give it up.

i don't care who it was against or how bad their defense was. my comment was based on the fact that i thought going into the game that rex needed to throw some passes, scores some points, and come out with the win TO BUILD HIS CONFIDENCE. i could really care less about how bad the rams are and i'm not sure why you are dwelling on it considering your screen name. he threw some touchdowns and came out with a win. moreover, he didn't turn the ball over and as i said above, i hope this game can get him turned around mentally and go forward from the whole quarterback controversy issue.

so is that what kind of response you were looking for? can we consider your fishing expedition complete?

ok, ok, we get it. i read your first post and didn't respond. here's my response after you won't give it up.

i don't care who it was against or how bad their defense was. my comment was based on the fact that i thought going into the game that rex needed to throw some passes, scores some points, and come out with the win TO BUILD HIS CONFIDENCE. i could really care less about how bad the rams are and i'm not sure why you are dwelling on it considering your screen name. he threw some touchdowns and came out with a win. moreover, he didn't turn the ball over and as i said above, i hope this game can get him turned around mentally and go forward from the whole quarterback controversy issue.

so is that what kind of response you were looking for? can we consider your fishing expedition complete?

yes, had he gone into this game and thrown two picks, even if they were tipped balls, it would have almost forced Lovie to put Griese in and open that whole can of worms...I don't think Grossman could have had a better game than he did to prepare for the playoffs...I think it would have been detrimental for Rex to throw for 350 and 4TD's as this is not what they need him to do to win in the playoffs...