[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If the Texans could pick again

Randall

Who would they pick?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. pick one

• Joseph Addai
    • M Jones Drew
    • L Maroney
    • Matt Leinart
    • Mario Williams
    • Vince Young
    • Reggie Bush
    • Other

They didnt pick VY because they still thought David Carr could play. They were horribly wrong.

What if he had a better OL? I think I saw he's been sacked 36 times, that's not as bad as the 70ish he was getting nailed, but there are 3 games left and I think that's an above average number.

Reggie frickin' Bush. Dom Davis was brittle to begin with. Bush is a complete gamebreaker, obviously. Even if Davis WERE healthy, they could have a deadly 1-2 combo. And heck, if not Bush... DEFINITELY Young. But he didn't fit the "Kubiak system". Oops. Oops times two.

Kubiak has been in that "Denver" system where they put little value on rbs and believe that you can plug in anybody and still get good results. And Denver has done that with late round picks and free agents at the rb position. That wasnt the priority for them and I still think they would pass on Bush. Their mistake was in evaluating what they had in Carr. He will be serviceable at best and isnt going to develop into a top tier QB. If Kubiak would have seen that before the draft, then he would have taken VY or Leinart or Cutler.

Reggie frickin' Bush. Dom Davis was brittle to begin with. Bush is a complete gamebreaker, obviously. Even if Davis WERE healthy, they could have a deadly 1-2 combo. And heck, if not Bush... DEFINITELY Young. But he didn't fit the "Kubiak system". Oops. Oops times two.

This is pretty much the way I feel.

Kubiak has been in that "Denver" system where they put little value on rbs and believe that you can plug in anybody and still get good results. And Denver has done that with late round picks and free agents at the rb position. That wasnt the priority for them and I still think they would pass on Bush. Their mistake was in evaluating what they had in Carr. He will be serviceable at best and isnt going to develop into a top tier QB. If Kubiak would have seen that before the draft, then he would have taken VY or Leinart or Cutler.

I think given the chance to do it again, Kubiak would still take Williams, but I also think that we are seeing that Young could be a really special player. All in all, I think he would have been their best choice. Young, D'Brick, and Williams would probably be the three they would look at in hind sight. Maybe Hawk.

I am not saying people are wrong about Bush, I am just saying that the personnel group in Houston values the position differently.

They should have taken VY, and then traded Carr to Miami for a draft pick. With that draft pick they should have traded back and taken Addia or Maroney. VY is the real deal. I'm still not sold on Bush. He has had a few big games, but he has also been non-existant in a few. I'm not a fan of his running style. While he will have the occassional huge gain now and then, he is going to have quite few runs for loss, which absolutely kill drives. I see him as someting of a mixtre beteween Dave Meggit and Tatum Bell. A little more than a 3rd down back, who lacks the consistency to be depended on.

Not sure who they would pick, but they should pick Bush. It was obvious then and even more so now. The dude has once in a generation playmaking ability.

Lately he's reminded me some of Barry Sanders in how he uses his blockers, directing them by pushing them from behind and then exploding out.

He isn't Barry but I like the changes he's making in how he runs.

I think given the chance to do it again, Kubiak would still take Williams, but I also think that we are seeing that Young could be a really special player. All in all, I think he would have been their best choice. Young, D'Brick, and Williams would probably be the three they would look at in hind sight. Maybe Hawk.

I am not saying people are wrong about Bush, I am just saying that the personnel group in Houston values the position differently.

Glad they didn't take Hawk. If they had, then they probably wouldnt have used the 2nd rounder on Ryans. Even though they were switching defenses from a 3-4 to a 4-3, I feel pretty sure they wouldn't have used both on a linebacker.

They should have taken VY, and then traded Carr to Miami for a draft pick. With that draft pick they should have traded back and taken Addia or Maroney. VY is the real deal. I'm still not sold on Bush. He has had a few big games, but he has also been non-existant in a few. I'm not a fan of his running style. While he will have the occassional huge gain now and then, he is going to have quite few runs for loss, which absolutely kill drives. I see him as someting of a mixtre beteween Dave Meggit and Tatum Bell. A little more than a 3rd down back, who lacks the consistency to be depended on.

There is no way in hell they could have gotten a 1st for Carr. Probably at best a 3rd, and that is probably reaching.