[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS Sportsline ponying up!

i_am_the_swammi

Received this message on my league's home page...good for either a $65 value off their $129 Commissioner package next year if we renew with them, or a $32 rebate today (which ever we choose).

Nice PR for them....just an FYI:

This season CBS SportsLine dedicated much of our attention to fixing quality of service issues that affected many of our 2006 Fantasy Football Commissioner leagues during peak traffic periods on NFL Sundays. With your confirmation of exceptional Football Commissioner operations during the past four Sundays, we are now confident that those issues are behind us and excited that the steps we took this year will ensure a great experience for your league in 2007. (For details on the measures we took, please visit our Report Card.)

We apologize, again, for the inconveniences and dissatisfaction that your league may have experienced from our performance, and CBS SportsLine understands that we have not met the high expectations that you demand from a premium product like ours.

Nonetheless, we hope you'll allow us the opportunity in 2007 to prove that CBS SportsLine remains the leader in Fantasy Sports. With that in mind, we are extending three options to Football Commissioner leagues who played with us in 2006:

50% DISCOUNT on this CBS SportsLine Fantasy Football league in 2007: A 50% discount will be credited to the purchaser of the oldtimersffl2004 league on or about January 31, 2007 and remain valid until next season. The discount will be 50% OFF the cost of the league after any other promotional offers or discounts.

25% REBATE for 2006: 25% of the amount paid for the ____________ league will be credited back to whoever made payment this season. If payment was made by credit card and your billing information is still valid in our database, the partial rebate will be credited back to the card on or about January 31, 2007. Otherwise, we will send a check postmarked on or about January 31, 2007.

TAKE NO ACTION: If your league didn't experience quality of service issues this season, perhaps you do not expect financial restitution from CBS SportsLine.

Your league may select only one of these three options. The deadline for the decision is 11:59 PM ET, December 31, 2006.

The only person who's allowed to make this decision is the one who made payment on the ___________league.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

MFL price this year was $69.95 per league if ordered by June 15, 2006. Throw in The Huddle discount & it's comes out cheaper than CBS's offer here, no strings, no f-ups, just an excellent quality product with excellent support at an excellent price. Not trying to push anyone...I'm just sayin' MFL doesn't need a great PR gimmick to get their customers just to come back. :D

Edited by rajncajn

Yeah, the 25% back and a fare-thee-well may be in order. Plus it would increase the winner's share this year and I am in the semi-finals...so it has my vote!

Great news! MFL will be that much cheaper next year when we switch! Thanks CBS!

I think that is what we are doing, too. Everyone was fed up with the glitches earlier in the year, and I will remind everyone when we vote of how frustrated they were.

I think we'll take our $32 (25%) now and apply it to the $70 MFL fee next year....with the Huddle discount, it should make our league about $30 to run next year ($100 savings from the $130 we spent this year) :D

MFL price this year was $69.95 per league if ordered by June 15, 2006. Throw in The Huddle discount & it's comes out cheaper than CBS's offer here, no strings, no f-ups, just an excellent quality product with excellent support at an excellent price. Not trying to push anyone...I'm just sayin' MFL doesn't need a great PR gimmick to get their customers just to come back. :D

::D

I, for one, did not have an issue with cbs this year and I will take the 50% off and give them another chance. I run my other league through MFL and it got mixed reviews.

I give cbs credit for acknowledging their short-comings and trying to satisfy their customers. As a business man, I can respect that.

I, for one, did not have an issue with cbs this year and I will take the 50% off and give them another chance. I run my other league through MFL and it got mixed reviews.

I give cbs credit for acknowledging their short-comings and trying to satisfy their customers. As a business man, I can respect that.

I've run the same league on their site for many years and always wondered why they got so much grief around these parts (other than their cost). We have had several Sundays this year where owners couldn't access the site for the couple of hours leading up to game time. My leaguemates are not big on change however so we will probably take the discount too.

Edited by Puddy

I've run the same league on their site for many years and always wondered why they got so much grief around these parts (other than their cost).

CBS gets grief because they're expensive compared to other superior hosting sites & frequent problems like the one mentioned in the quote below

We have had several Sundays this year where owners couldn't access the site for the couple of hours leading up to game time.

Oh!.......That's a quote from you.

And you wonder why they get grief? :D

Got the same message. Will consult with the league to see if they want to return or take the 25% discount this year and run. :D

I consulted with my league weeks ago and we will be moving to MFL. Thanks to SportsLine for paying more than half the cost!

Most of our league is already of the opinion to move to MFL, however, to add insult to injury, I put a poll up on the CBS SportsLine website asking my league to vote on whether or not we should....

• Stay with the P.O.S. CBS Sportline website, or....

• Move to the quality MFL website....

:D:D:bash:

CBS gets grief because they're expensive compared to other superior hosting sites & frequent problems like the one mentioned in the quote below

Oh!.......That's a quote from you.

And you wonder why they get grief? :D

I wondered until this year. This is the first year we've had these issues.

Maybe with the mass exodus from CBS their site won't be as crowded so there won't be problems next year? I think my league is going to take the discount and give it another shot. If the problems continue we will probably move on. Plus most people seem to like CBS in my league. I was one of the few people that wanted to switch.

Got the same message. Will consult with the league to see if they want to return or take the 25% discount this year and run. :D

My local will probably go the 50% off next year, I would rather get the 25% then cut an run to MFL...

Consensus so far (in my local) is that Sportsline has not been a problem for our league this year.

I've run the same league on their site for many years and always wondered why they got so much grief around these parts (other than their cost). We have had several Sundays this year where owners couldn't access the site for the couple of hours leading up to game time. My leaguemates are not big on change however so we will probably take the discount too.

Bingo..We had some small issues this year but ill take the discount and re up with them