[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This may sound crazy and more for the future...

giantsfan

Have both LJ and Gore and can only keep one. Don't have to make my decision until August but just thinking about it tonight and it is no a clear LJ call anymore. Into tonight LJ is averaging 4.5 more points a game. But in the last 5 Gore has more points. Plus add in that Gore's schedule should be VERY solid, Sea twice, Rams twice, and the Cards twice. Meanwhile LJ plays in the tough AFC West. KC's O seems to be heading down. Green is old. Gonzo is getting older. No WR's. And they may lose another 1 or 2 on the OL. Meanwhile on paper at least SF's O is heading up. Young QB. Young top TE. Okay WR's. If they can grab another solid OL watch out. Again not a call for now but certainly something to think about. And not a who should I keep between these two. More a general Gore should/could be at least discussed with LT, LJ, and SA into next season. He seems to be heading up on that team and with that O.

Have both LJ and Gore and can only keep one. Don't have to make my decision until August but just thinking about it tonight and it is no a clear LJ call anymore. Into tonight LJ is averaging 4.5 more points a game. But in the last 5 Gore has more points. Plus add in that Gore's schedule should be VERY solid, Sea twice, Rams twice, and the Cards twice. Meanwhile LJ plays in the tough AFC West. KC's O seems to be heading down. Green is old. Gonzo is getting older. No WR's. And they may lose another 1 or 2 on the OL. Meanwhile on paper at least SF's O is heading up. Young QB. Young top TE. Okay WR's. If they can grab another solid OL watch out. Again not a call for now but certainly something to think about. And not a who should I keep between these two. More a general Gore should/could be at least discussed with LT, LJ, and SA into next season. He seems to be heading up on that team and with that O.

You are a nut,,, keep LARRY and never mention LT being dropped in a keeper for Gore. :D

You are a nut,,, keep LARRY and never mention LT being dropped in a keeper for Gore. :D

You are right on LT I agree. Just kind of threw him in there. Anyway he is the # 1 BY FAR. But I just don't think it is crazy to at least think Gore right there with LJ and or SA into next season. But that's a LONG way off so we'll pick this up in August after we see what moves all these teams make, and what their schedules look like. Just wanted to say I don't think it is nuts to at least mention Gore with LJ and SA.

Just wanted to say I don't think it is nuts to at least mention Gore with LJ and SA.

Not nuts. I would still take LJ over Gore, but not SA at this point. But then again I've never been an Alexander fan. I say Gore will go in the top 5 in many drafts next season though. I take it the fumble issues no longer worry you?

Edited by Skrappy1

You are right on LT I agree. Just kind of threw him in there. Anyway he is the # 1 BY FAR. But I just don't think it is crazy to at least think Gore right there with LJ and or SA into next season. But that's a LONG way off so we'll pick this up in August after we see what moves all these teams make, and what their schedules look like. Just wanted to say I don't think it is nuts to at least mention Gore with LJ and SA.

LT

LJ

Steven Jackson

Gore

That's my top 4 looking towards 2007 right now.

Not nuts. I would still take LJ over Gore, but not SA at this point. But then again I've never been an Alexander fan. I say Gore will go in the top 5 in many drafts next season though. I take it the fumble issues no longer worry you?

They do and so do the GL carries but he is good and the team is only heading up. While LJ for example is a monster but his team and O as a whole is getting older and heading down you'd think.

As a homer I agree that LT and LJ separate themselves from the pack. Gore is top 5 and maybe would be even better if it wasn't for fumbles causing him to lose points and goal line carries for part of the season. Once he gets over that just think of all the extra points for Gore.

Plus this as 10 games:

KC - Den twice, SD twice, Oak twice, at Det, at Chic, vs GB, vs Minny

SF - Zona twice, Rams twice, Sea twice, at Clev, at Pitt, vs Balt, vs Cincy

To me that is minimum 6 tough games for LJ. For Gore maybe 3 tops on paper. And they should get a decent schedule in their remaining 6 games as a 6 or 7 win team.

As a homer I agree that LT and LJ separate themselves from the pack. Gore is top 5 and maybe would be even better if it wasn't for fumbles causing him to lose points and goal line carries for part of the season. Once he gets over that just think of all the extra points for Gore.

As things are right now,,, AND THEY WILL CHANGE By AUG, I would take Gore over SA but no way LJ.

But get real LT is in his own world, AS OF LAST WEEK,,, LT has a 125 passer rate,, LOL two TD's for three passes... He has three RcTD's THOSE 5 TD's are one less than Gores total TD's up to last week, you just can't compare. Not to mention LT's 26RuTd's... NUTZZZZZZ u rR

WELL,,, LJ has 15 total TD's YOU would be crazy to let him go for gore. He is an animal I had him last year and was blown away at the end of the season.

IF Rec.Pts Count and McNabb comes back strong I have it like this...

1. LT

2. LJ

3/4 Jackson, Paker

5/6 GORE and Westbrook

After these guys the next tier is bit lower

SA around 8 or 10, now maybe u think im crazy... lol

Plus this as 10 games:

KC - Den twice, SD twice, Oak twice, at Det, at Chic, vs GB, vs Minny

SF - Zona twice, Rams twice, Sea twice, at Clev, at Pitt, vs Balt, vs Cincy

To me that is minimum 6 tough games for LJ. For Gore maybe 3 tops on paper. And they should get a decent schedule in their remaining 6 games as a 6 or 7 win team.

Did you think OAK would be a tuff "D" this year? OR how bout NO are they a supprise? NYG, SF maybe??

Do you think any of these teams, (Zona, Rams, Sea, Clev, Pitt, Balt, Cincy), will get tougher? One thing for sure they will change. I think some for the better. If I had to pick now it would be LJ over FG based on the players and not so much their schedule.

Anyway I think you get my point. :D

LT

LJ

Steven Jackson

Gore

That's my top 4 looking towards 2007 right now.

I agree with this. St Louis' offense is just so good that they can't key in on Jackson because they have to pay attention to Holt as well. Not quite the same delema for San Fran. Plus, they do swing out passes to Jackson so often, if you are in a PPR league it's a huge bonus. Gore at this point would be my #4.

After getting last pick in our first year keeper and drafting Edge and McGahee #1 and #2 I pretty much resigned myself to not keeping a RB - until Gore continually mashed opposing Ds. Quite happy with this mid round pick and soon-to-be keeper. :D

Agree - at this point Gore is top 4.

Agree that right this second I would rank Gore 4th or 5th after LT, LJ, SJax, and maybe SA. Most likely 4th ahead of SA. So yes LJ would be ahead. All I am saying is it is not crazy to put Gore ahead of any of those guys other than LT, and while his O as a whole seems to be heading up it appears at least that LJ's is heading down. Why do you think LJ was great this season but isn't doing what he did last season or what LT is doing this season? Well his OL isn't as good, his QB isn't as good, and they have zero WR threat (he didn't have much last year either). But LT has a QB, has a TE (so does KC), has more WR threat than KC, and has a solid OL. So surrounding parts matter especially for a RB. Think SA misses Hutch? And it appears at least that next season SF's O looks better around Gore than LJ's does around him. And while I do know things change in the NFL I still will find it VERY hard to believe that going in SF's schedule won't look much easier than KC's. In the division alone they play 6 games that appear easy, and at least 5 if you say in Seattle may be tough. Zona and the Rams have had bad D's forever and that won't change next year. So yes I will end up keeping LJ in August most likely, and yes this decision isn't even close to a decision today, but right this second IMO it isn't crazy if someone says hey Gore is my # 2 keeper overall after LT.

Next year I will have to choose one of these for a keeper:

Gore

Westbrook

Maroney

A good problem to have, but a hell of a tough choice.

call it a gut feeling but i think this was the year to have Gore b/c he was a mid-round pick.

now that he's in the lofty 1st round status he may be in for a let down due to a couple things...

1) he's just had a career year. not just a career year for him but for a majority of RBs. he'll be hard pressed to build on the numbers he's put up. Will he get the same production next year? Maybe. Will he have a dropoff? Probably. Will he do better? Not likely... and

2) his knee problems earlier in his career. guys can get over this but he's going to finish this season with more carries than ever in his entire career.

now keeper is a different situation. he's worth a keeper spot, obviously. But in redrafts and taking him in the early 1st, there's some definite risk there.

another thing is Larry Allen isn't getting any younger. I hope they either have a guy already that they're grooming and building upon to be as dominant OR they draft a big eater in '07 to replace him.

top 10 keeper RB's next year for my league's scoring should be...

1. LT

2. LJ

3. SJax

4. Gore

5. Westbrook

6. Addai

7. Portis

8. Bush

9. KJ

10. Parker

11. SA...yeah....11..I'd rather have all these guys over him ...except maybe KJ or Parker....the rest I'd take in a keeper..

ps: there are going to be alot of good RB's available next year...

top 10 keeper RB's next year for my league's scoring should be...

9. KJ

ps: there are going to be alot of good RB's available next year...

You really may want to rethink putting Kevin Jones there. That man is going to be slowly recovering still in 07' from a very serious injury.

Thinking back, After Alexander broke onto the scene with his first monster season, he fell off a little in his second season as a starter. Many people dropped him in their rankings significantly.

Say what you want about LJ, but he's the clear #2 RB scorer in pretty much all formats, is 27, and has a lot less mileage than LT. He has 50 more fantasy points than Gore and hasn't played his game for this week yet. EDIT: And I should add does not have major knee sugery on his resume.

I would be careful deciding to drop LJ. He will be at the top of the game for several years to come. Consider that he is having a 'let down' season in most people's eyes, but he's still the #2 RB, roughly the #4 player overall in most formats, and is averaging 21.3* FPPG. 21.3* PPG is a let down. Think about that.

Yes, I think you are crazy if you consider keeping anyone save LT over LJ. And I don't think that's a clear cut choice. Remember that LT averaged 19.3 PPG last year and 18.9 PPG the year before. Players will dip a little. LT is so good because 18.9 is his big let down. So far LJ's is 21.3.

* non decimal performance scoring, no PPR

Edited by Caveman_Nick