[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate Michael Vick

The Stoner

Well why in the heck would you take a known running QB, on a known running team, under that scoring format? :D

I started with Leftwich, and I didn't take Vick until the 10th round. At that point I was going for value at that pick. Luckly I was able to pick up Rivers. Ever since I've been in the unfortunite position of playing match ups.

Well why in the heck would you take a known running QB, on a known running team, under that scoring format? :D

Because this was going to be his breakthrough year, just like '03, '04, and '05 were going to be his breakthrough years.

Bottom line is Vick is what he is, and counting on him for consistent passing production just ain't wise. Given that, taking Rivers as a plug-and-play at this point isn't too bad of a strategy.

I started with Leftwich, and I didn't take Vick until the 10th round. At that point I was going for value at that pick. Luckly I was able to pick up Rivers. Ever since I've been in the unfortunite position of playing match ups.

Ahhhh well, 10th round, yeah that makes sense.

Because this was going to be his breakthrough year, just like '03, '04, and '05 were going to be his breakthrough years.

Bottom line is Vick is what he is, and counting on him for consistent passing production just ain't wise. Given that, taking Rivers as a plug-and-play at this point isn't too bad of a strategy.

As Stoner explained in the post above yours, that's not the reason he picked him Chavez.

Vick in the 10th round represented value.

As Stoner explained in the post above yours, that's not the reason he picked him Chavez.

Vick in the 10th round represented value.

If he fell to the 10th round, I'd say that it's pretty apparent that there was also a significant amount of risk involved as well - the value was tempered by his well-known inconsistency and limitations in the passing game.

I certainly agree with the idea that Vick in the 10th round is a good value - I took him in the 11th myself and got 3-4 solid starts out of him (and one atrocious one that I won anyway, now I know EXACTLY how Rich McKay feels) - but if you're going to let your late-round "value" picks drive you crazy, you may want to either get a Zoloft prescription or find a new hobby.

If he fell to the 10th round, I'd say that it's pretty apparent that there was also a significant amount of risk involved as well - the value was tempered by his well-known inconsistency and limitations in the passing game.

I certainly agree with the idea that Vick in the 10th round is a good value - I took him in the 11th myself and got 3-4 solid starts out of him (and one atrocious one that I won anyway, now I know EXACTLY how Rich McKay feels) - but if you're going to let your late-round "value" picks drive you crazy, you may want to either get a Zoloft prescription or find a new hobby.

I've ridden Vick all the way this year. Got a 1st round bye & the #1 seed out of him. He only put up two stinkers all year & I missed one of the stinkers because of the bye.

Rock solid & before tonights game, the #3 scoring QB in one league & the #4 scoring QB in another. He hasn't drive me crazy at all. I plug him in and forget about it. :D

I've ridden Vick all the way this year. Got a 1st round bye & the #1 seed out of him. He only put up two stinkers all year & I missed one of the stinkers because of the bye.

Rock solid & before tonights game, the #3 scoring QB in one league & the #4 scoring QB in another. He hasn't drive me crazy at all. I plug him in and forget about it. :D

Swell, although I wasn't questioning his fantasy value or his value to YOUR team, I was referring solely to The Stoner's little dilemma.

Swell, although I wasn't questioning his fantasy value or his value to YOUR team, I was referring solely to The Stoner's little dilemma.

:D

I took him in the 11th myself and got 3-4 solid starts out of him (and one atrocious one that I won anyway, now I know EXACTLY how Rich McKay feels) - but if you're going to let your late-round "value" picks drive you crazy, you may want to either get a Zoloft prescription or find a new hobby.

When did you?

Or maybe this is a case inexplicably simultaneous stupidity?

Obviously when I talked about how Vick was solid in the leagues mentioned, I was responding to the part of your post where you talked about how Vick had done for you.

When did you?

Or maybe this is a case inexplicably simultaneous stupidity?

Obviously when I talked about how Vick was solid in the leagues mentioned, I was responding to the part of your post where you talked about how Vick had done for you.

Illustrating his value as a late round pick and his inconsistency.

Obviously you wouldn't have the same issue since you would've grabbed him MUCH sooner in your drafts.

Edited by Chavez

Illustrating his value as a late round pick and his inconsitency.

Obviously you wouldn't have the same issue since you would've grabbed him MUCH sooner in your drafts.

Only got him in one draft & yes, I did take him before the 10th.

Only got him in one draft & yes, I did take him before the 10th.

Ergo, he was more a justifiably high selection or above-average mid-rounder as opposed to "late-round value".

And again, if someone is gnashing his teeth over a 10th rounder's inconsistency, that is most likely the reason that the guy was sitting there that late.

But then again, I think the people who are crying because Colston got hurt should be smacked upside the head repeatedly, so maybe I'm not the best judge.