[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO spits in Hall's face

Big Score 1

Your mileage may vary, but I'd be pretty loathe to put him up there with Charlie Kruger, Hugh McIlhenny, YA Tittle, Montana, Rice, and Lott on the "true Niner" list if I were a SF fan.

Good point. Although the Jerry Rice - Terrell Owens combo actually managed to make Jeff Garcia look like a pro bowl QB, and for three solid years they made Garcia look like a stud.

Yet for some unknown reason the Niners decided to dump TO, for nothing in return, and hold onto Garcia for a couple more years until realizing the mistake they made. The 49ers could have made TO the franchise player if they worked with him, not against him. They needed some coach with balls to keep this guy from blowing up, a coach that the Cowboys seem to have right now.

I'm not suggesting TO is one of the greatest 49ers players, or even greatest WR on the Niners, but that TO is an amazing WR who could do nothing but improve a franchise; given he doesn't push them under the bus and destroy their hopes of going anywhere beyond the regular season. :D Hence, the Eagles.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The 49ers could have made TO the franchise player if they worked with him, not against him. They needed some coach with balls to keep this guy from blowing up, a coach that the Cowboys seem to have right now.

I think Andy Reid has enough control in Philly - and even HE couldn't keep TO together for more than a year.

Not that I'm in any way trying to defend Mike Tyson, but I don't really remember him having problems with drugs, and I certainly don't remember him murdering anyone. And T.O did just overdose a couple of months ago.

:D Accident's happen. That is nothing.

I'd rathing have a player accidently overdose on perscription drugs than go home and beat his wife. Larry Johnson got arrested for doing that awhile back, yet we barely hear any of his antics in the news. TO gets his face smeared all over the media because of his name, his fame, and oh how dumb he is to continue doing the same stupid behavior like he's an 8 year old without a memory.

Mike Tyson on the other hand went to prison for raping Miss Black America. That's about a million times worse than anything TO has ever done in the history of TO's antics.

Edited by TheGrunt

Mike Tyson on the other hand went to prison for raping Miss Black America. That's about a million times worse than anything TO has ever done in the history of TO's antics.

What Hitler did was a million times worse than any "crimes" Bill Clinton (or Dick Cheney if that works better for ya, it doesn't matter) committed.

But that doesn't make Bill Clinton/Dick Cheney any less of a sleazebag; perhaps it's best to just stick to the issue than use false syllogisms.

At this point, I can't believe anyone tries to defend this a$$hat one iota. Don't get me wrong, if I were a Cowboy fan, I'd want him to help my team win. I mean, you can't expect fans to not be fans, but, please don't defend this guy. There are many athletes playing in the NFL that do so with tons of class, Terrell Owens is not and never will be one of them. He represents all that is wrong with professional athletes, and it is a damn shame that he was blessed with such talent, because he doesn't deserve it. I've never disliked any athlete as much as I do Terrell Owens.

You appear to have completely missed my point...you implied that Mike Tyson had drug problems and I was pointing out that T.O. is actually the one that recently overdosed. :D

What Hitler did was a million times worse than any "crimes" Bill Clinton (or Dick Cheney if that works better for ya, it doesn't matter) committed.

But that doesn't make Bill Clinton/Dick Cheney any less of a sleazebag; perhaps it's best to just stick to the issue than use false syllogisms.

:D Um...

Yes... actually Hitlers crimes make him about a million times more of a sleazebag than Clinton and Cheney. Don't be stupid.

:D Um...

Yes... actually Hitlers crimes make him about a million times more of a sleazebag than Clinton and Cheney. Don't be stupid.

You misunderstand - comparing one person to another doesn't make either any more or less reprehensible on an absolute scale, is all I'm sayin'.

Hitler was the worst ever (or on a pretty short list, at least); but Clinton/Cheney are still at the same spot on the absolute scale no matter how they look relative to another person.

Same with TO - just because he isn't as reprehensible as Tyson doesn't mean he's not reprehensible. Capisce?