[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What does being the all time rushing leader QB get you?

Grits and Shins

Question

What does being the all time rushing leader QB get you?

Answer

$130,000,000.00

:D

If my math is right, Falcons are 15-17 since signing Vick to that contract.

Good investment.

If my math is right, Falcons are 15-17 since signing Vick to that contract.

Good investment.

Yep it was an excellent investment for Blank.

Vick by himself, brings in millions upon millions upon millions of dollars for Blank & of course just as the 15 wins were not solely due to Vick, neither are the 17 losses solely due to Vick.

Yep it was an excellent investment for Blank.

Vick by himself, brings in millions upon millions upon millions of dollars for Blank & of course just as the 15 wins were not solely due to Vick, neither are the 17 losses solely due to Vick.

Yes I would agree. Vick has put lots of butts in seats and as such has likely been a very nice return on Blank's investment.

Unless Blank thought he was investing in a player that would win games and bring championships to Atlanta in addition to putting butts in seats.

Yes I would agree. Vick has put lots of butts in seats and as such has likely been a very nice return on Blank's investment.

Unless Blank thought he was investing in a player that would win games and bring championships to Atlanta in addition to putting butts in seats.

It's not very often that Blitz and I agree on anything.

They're still in the basement as far as franchise value though.

So one might say that the worth of the franchise has not realized a growth due to the signing of Vick, largely because Vick has failed to generate wins and championships. But the signing of Vick has resulted in more fans coming to the games resulting in a growth in revenues.

Essentially the signing of Vick has successfully generated revenue but not growth?

So one might say that the worth of the franchise has not realized a growth due to the signing of Vick, largely because Vick has failed to generate wins and championships. But the signing of Vick has resulted in more fans coming to the games resulting in a growth in revenues.

Essentially the signing of Vick has successfully generated revenue but not growth?

pretty much

Well a QB is certainly an important position & I think Blank feels pretty good about his QB. But it as you well know, it takes an entire TEAM to win a Championship, not just one player.

If all it took to win a Superbowl was a great QB, Marino would have around a dozen rings & Peyton at least 4 or 5.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Falcons have come pretty close to a Superbowl with Vick as their QB, haven't they? 2004 NFC Championship ring a bell?

Well a QB is certainly an important position & I think Blank feels pretty good about his QB. But it as you well know, it takes an entire TEAM to win a Championship, not just one player.

If all it took to win a Superbowl was a great QB, Marino would have around a dozen rings & Peyton at least 4 or 5.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Falcons have come pretty close to a Superbowl with Vick as their QB, haven't they? 2004 NFC Championship ring a bell?

So you are arguing that Blank should not have made such a heavy investment in Vick and should have spent the money to build a balanced team then?

How is the value of a sports franchise calculated?

Forbes bases the value of a sports franchise on multiples of revenue. Most teams are valued at four times their annual revenue, but teams that are about to move into new stadiums or are moving into upgraded facilities have their multiple adjusted upward to reflect the added revenue the stadiums will generate.

Teams that own their own stadiums are able to generate more revenue, thus, they are generally among the more valuable.

Blank owning his own stadium is what would catapult the Falcons value more than any other single factor.

So you are arguing that Blank should not have made such a heavy investment in Vick and should have spent the money to build a balanced team then?

No, Vick's contract is not the problem. McKay structured it in such a way that it is not a huge yearly cap hit.

Hitting on their high picks & spending wisely on their FA's is the bigger concern. Their big FA's this year & last year (Hartwell & Abraham) have both barely played. Duckett has been traded away & to date, Jenkins & White are very inconsistent

I'm usually one of the Vick bashers on these forums but I have to admit he put up some good numbers last nite. Totally suprised me. All you Vick lovers out there will also love this: In my league we are in the first round of the playoffs and guess who my opponent's QB is? Yep, that's right, Michael Vick. So here I was expecting Vick to put up his usual pedestrian numbers (or worse) and he goes off and has his best game of the year. That's what I get for bashing Vick. Now I have some serious ground to make up. If this isn't irony or poetic justice then I don't know what is. No more Vick bashing for me.

Well, the 2006 Falcons will be the new answer to an NFL trivia question ... "what was the last NFL team to have two 1,000 yard rushers in a single season?"

2006 Atlanta Falcons

Warrick Dunn

Michael Vick

1972 Miami Dolphins

Larry Csonka - 1,117 yards on 213 carries

Mercury Morris - 1,000 yards on 190 carries

1976 Pittsburgh Steelers

Franco Harris - 1,128 yards on 289 carries

Rocky Bleier - 1,036 yards on 220 carries

1985 Cleveland Browns

Kevin Mack - 1,104 yards on 222 carries

Earnest Byner - 1,002 yards on 244 carries