[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So what happnes next year for Carolina?

LooGie

It is painfully obvious to me there's alot wrong with the Carolina Panthers. The o-line took some hits early in the season but did play well but fell off the planet, just like Peppers and the play calling and DeAngelo Williams.

Peppers has been losing weight, and he doesn't know why :D

Fox has really opened my eyes. Before he could do no wrong and would get a free pass for just about anything, but the decision to stick with Foster is just a mind blowing idioctic joke. He made some terrible play calls at some very stupid times, but the Foster show I just can't get past. I'm very discouraged with this.

So my question is what do they do in the offseason? Draft a LB to replace concussion-boy? Draft a QB that can actually make plays?

Try to draft an entire o-line? What's next?

I'm very discouraged...in fact, this loss doesn't even hurt, that's how bad I feel about this whole situation.

I wish Foster would've got hit by a car just so they COULDN'T give him the start. That's what had to happen for them to give it to Weinke, but Weinke certainly didn't take it after this performance.

bah.

This is probably bad news, but the Panthers have been more good than bad under Fox - he took over a disaster and made them respectable immediately, had them in the playoffs twice and had another season completely derailed by injuries.

Even this year, a person could make the case that they were in the playoff hunt until Delhomme got injured - and sure, Delhomme hasn't been great this year but I think they'd have won at least ONE of the past couple games with him instead of Weinke, who is pretty awful.

Green Bay showed progress by essentially drafting an OL this year, it CAN be done. More troubling is that your post makes it sound like the Panthers have just quit.

This is probably bad news, but the Panthers have been more good than bad under Fox - he took over a disaster and made them respectable immediately, had them in the playoffs twice and had another season completely derailed by injuries.

Even this year, a person could make the case that they were in the playoff hunt until Delhomme got injured - and sure, Delhomme hasn't been great this year but I think they'd have won at least ONE of the past couple games with him instead of Weinke, who is pretty awful.

Green Bay showed progress by essentially drafting an OL this year, it CAN be done. More troubling is that your post makes it sound like the Panthers have just quit.

um..what is probably bad news? the Fox is a good coach? I don't quite understand.

And where did I say Carolina has quit? not sure i follow you. you been drinkin?

um..what is probably bad news? the Fox is a good coach? I don't quite understand.

You sounded kind of fed up with Fox - and the bad news in that situation is that he's had Carolina near enough to the mountaintop, and they haven't been that bad this year, so he's DEFINITELY around for another year.

And where did I say Carolina has quit? not sure i follow you. you been drinkin?

You mentioned the OL, Peppers, and Foster falling off the face of the earth. Absent any injuries, that makes it sound like they quit. Maybe I read too much into the statement.

You sounded kind of fed up with Fox - and the bad news in that situation is that he's had Carolina near enough to the mountaintop, and they haven't been that bad this year, so he's DEFINITELY around for another year.

okay, you misunderstood me. I am in no way calling for Fox's head, or even saying he's done a bad job this year. He's a great coach, and I'm happy and proud to be a fan of a team coached by him. I said he's opened my eyes. Before, he could do no wrong, this year he has made some seriously bad mistakes, and continues to make the worst one IMO, by keeping Foster around to even clean the toilets. I was just making a statement regarding this season, and some of his decisions, but in no way am I calling for a regime change.

You mentioned the OL, Peppers, and Foster falling off the face of the earth. Absent any injuries, that makes it sound like they quit. Maybe I read too much into the statement.

this couldn't be farther from the truth. They've fallen off the face of the earth but not because they've given up. (not as far as I can tell anyway.) There's just some weird things going on. The play calling can be a joke and usually is for at least 2 drives every game. Peppers has lost over 30 lbs and has no idea why. He had 11 sacks and was leading the NFL 4 weeks ago, and he said at the opening of that game that he's losing weight for no apparent reason and was down to around 250lbs and he hasn't gotten a sack since then. He's barely had tackles in any of the games.

Delhomme rears back and throws it deep whenever there's ANY pressure and it usually ends in an INT.

And to say Foster fell off the face of the earth is to imply he was ever on it. He sucks, always has and always will. He couldn't stay healthy yet again this year.

DeAngelo was tearing it up and what does it earn him? A spot on special teams while Foster rips through defenses for -1 and -2 yards.

Something is wrong with every area of this team, and I'll blame the offensive coordinator and the o-line and Delhomme for that side of the ball. The defense side of the ball just can't put together a good game anymore, and if Peppers doesn't have a godlike game, we lose. Period.

btw, I think Weinke has done a great job thus far. He had no time today and without a running games (aaargh :D) I was still impressed with him.

Well, they definitely need a new OC. To be LAST in 3rd down efficiency with the weapons they have is inexcusable.

I believe it was announced by ESPN or maybe the announcers that the GM is interested in drafting a QB in 2007. Is that correct?

not sure, which is why I asked. but I can't see why they would, since they just recently signed Weinke to a pretty fat deal for a backup QB. You can get a young gun for alot cheaper than a 6 year veteran, and I think that Weinke has what it takes to be the starter, but that's why I watch, and I don't coach. :D

okay, you misunderstood me. I am in no way calling for Fox's head, or even saying he's done a bad job this year. He's a great coach, and I'm happy and proud to be a fan of a team coached by him. I said he's opened my eyes. Before, he could do no wrong, this year he has made some seriously bad mistakes, and continues to make the worst one IMO, by keeping Foster around to even clean the toilets. I was just making a statement regarding this season, and some of his decisions, but in no way am I calling for a regime change...There's just some weird things going on. The play calling can be a joke and usually is for at least 2 drives every game. Peppers has lost over 30 lbs and has no idea why.

Okay, I just misread things.

I'd seriously hope that Peppers has been to a doctor regarding his situation - sudden and drastic weight loss is rarely an indicator of anything good (though I wouldn't mind it happening to me at this point).

not sure, which is why I asked. but I can't see why they would, since they just recently signed Weinke to a pretty fat deal for a backup QB. You can get a young gun for alot cheaper than a 6 year veteran, and I think that Weinke has what it takes to be the starter, but that's why I watch, and I don't coach. :D

Of course it all depends on when you draft that 'young gun.' 1st rounder compared to a 5th rounder is a huge difference. I'm just glad my cowboys passed on Delhomme when he was up in FA and Romo has worked out.

Of course it all depends on when you draft that 'young gun.' 1st rounder compared to a 5th rounder is a huge difference. I'm just glad my cowboys passed on Delhomme when he was up in FA and Romo has worked out.

so what do you think they'll do next year during the draft/free agency.

BJ? DMD? Anyone?

I was at the game and saw the sorry effort put up by our team. The OL had a terrible time run blocking and they kept trying to go in between the tackles for 1 yd.... One thing that does mystify me is the fact that DW has so few touches for the 2nd straight game after lighting up the Eagles while Foster was out. Get the ball to Steve Smith and DW as many times as possible and the offense will start showing a pulse.

Henning is terrible. I stayed at the game at the very end to see if we could actually score a TD and on 3rd down they call yet another draw play at the 6 and get zero yards.... How can they not realize we have run this play so many times that NO DEFENSE is very surprised when we run it on 2nd or 3rd down???? If we do try to pass the ball to get the 1st down, we pass it 3 or 4 yards in front of the sticks and our guys never make the 1st down. Pass the darn ball past the sticks at least to give us a chance to pick it up and we never seem to figure that out.

My wishes for next season...

1) Let Henning retire and hire a OC than has an imagination.... We have weapons put them to good use.

2) Fire Mike Trgovac. We are unable to get enough pressure on the QB and we rarely blitz. When Del Rio was the DC we had a fast D that attacked the offense. We sit back and rush 4 DL and give the QB enough time to make at 3rd down pass to keep their drives going. Find a hungry Defensive coach that will bring in a new scheme.

3) Our top teams are OL, LB, QB and a new S. Minter is getting older and doesn't have the ability to make big plays. Diggs and Draft are OK for depth, but only Davis has potential to make big plays and will only get better.

4) Get rid off dead wood and take the cap hits next year to clear space for the future.

5) Extend Peppers and Smith to keep them happy and build around them.

I was at the game and saw the sorry effort put up by our team. The OL had a terrible time run blocking and they kept trying to go in between the tackles for 1 yd.... One thing that does mystify me is the fact that DW has so few touches for the 2nd straight game after lighting up the Eagles while Foster was out. Get the ball to Steve Smith and DW as many times as possible and the offense will start showing a pulse.

Henning is terrible. I stayed at the game at the very end to see if we could actually score a TD and on 3rd down they call yet another draw play at the 6 and get zero yards.... How can they not realize we have run this play so many times that NO DEFENSE is very surprised when we run it on 2nd or 3rd down???? If we do try to pass the ball to get the 1st down, we pass it 3 or 4 yards in front of the sticks and our guys never make the 1st down. Pass the darn ball past the sticks at least to give us a chance to pick it up and we never seem to figure that out.

My wishes for next season...

1) Let Henning retire and hire a OC than has an imagination.... We have weapons put them to good use.

2) Fire Mike Trgovac. We are unable to get enough pressure on the QB and we rarely blitz. When Del Rio was the DC we had a fast D that attacked the offense. We sit back and rush 4 DL and give the QB enough time to make at 3rd down pass to keep their drives going. Find a hungry Defensive coach that will bring in a new scheme.

3) Our top teams are OL, LB, QB and a new S. Minter is getting older and doesn't have the ability to make big plays. Diggs and Draft are OK for depth, but only Davis has potential to make big plays and will only get better.

4) Get rid off dead wood and take the cap hits next year to clear space for the future.

5) Extend Peppers and Smith to keep them happy and build around them.

:D

I wish I could add to it, but I really can't. YOu said it all.

so what do you think they'll do next year during the draft/free agency.

BJ? DMD? Anyone?

Panther Dave usually has good analysis..I would be curious to see his take

i really think they need to use a first day pick or some free agent dough on a QB. i don't like their short term outlook at that position, and i REALLY don't like their long-term outlook.

also, when i saw them this year, they seemed to be getting pushed around in the trenches a bit. it was supposed to be the other way around with this team.