[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does OAK draft Quinn?

LooGie

It's pretty obvious that OAK needs to and will draft a QB this year, but do you see Quinn going there? I dont see Quinn as a "Raider type" player. Maybe what's his face..the heismann winner..... I just don't see a pocket passer really working in OAK...i think you need a big name Vick type...Troy Smith is it?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty obvious that OAK needs to and will draft a QB this year, but do you see Quinn going there? I dont see Quinn as a "Raider type" player. Maybe what's his face..the heismann winner..... I just don't see a pocket passer really working in OAK...i think you need a big name Vick type...Troy Smith is it?

Trade the #1 and Moss for Vick.

They certainly need a QB. JaMarcus Russel is the type of QB that can stretch the field like the old Raiders use to like to do.

Rich Gannon wasn't a "Raider-type" QB and Jon Gruden wasn't a "Raider-type" coach.

I guess it's a good idea to stick with the old Raider way of doing things, it's been working so well for the past 20 years or so. :D

Troy Smith will likely only get a nominal shot at QB in the pros - too short, he has a conversion to WR or RB (or maybe DB) looming in his very near future (say, immediately after the national title game).

Rich Gannon wasn't a "Raider-type" QB and Jon Gruden wasn't a "Raider-type" coach.

I guess it's a good idea to stick with the old Raider way of doing things, it's been working so well for the past 20 years or so. :D

Troy Smith will likely only get a nominal shot at QB in the pros - too short, he has a conversion to WR or RB (or maybe DB) looming in his very near future (say, immediately after the national title game).

Until Al dies the Raiders will continue to live in the past.

I do see Troy Smith going to OAK. However, I don't see him being a great QB in the NFL. Heisman winning QBs don't really have a great resume in the NFL.....

Well, that's neither here nor there - Troy Smith will be lucky to go on the first day, and only if someone reaches for him.

They need to sell tickets and give renewed life to their fans. Drafting OL player can't accomplish that.

It's up to fans to realize that games are won on the lines. A stud OL can make ALL your skill players look better.

But I wouldn't mind ALL bad teams having this thought process so stud OLs and DLs fall down to Green Bay every year.

Not if DET drafts Quinn with the first pick.

I do see Troy Smith going to OAK. However, I don't see him being a great QB in the NFL. Heisman winning QBs don't really have a great resume in the NFL.....

Detroit is taking Quinn with the first pick.

I think Gruden is the perfect book definition "Raider-type" coach. Granted he's no Art Shell :D

I think Gruden is the perfect book definition "Raider-type" coach. Granted he's no Art Shell :D

He doesn't run a "Raider-type" offense and had no previous connections to the Raiders organization, nor any fealty to il padrone Al. Hence he wasn't enough of a toady for Davis' tastes.

It's up to fans to realize that games are won on the lines. A stud OL can make ALL your skill players look better.

But I wouldn't mind ALL bad teams having this thought process so stud OLs and DLs fall down to Green Bay every year.

:D "Fall down" to GB? :D Fall all the way to the 4th pick?

He doesn't run a "Raider-type" offense and had no previous connections to the Raiders organization, nor any fealty to il padrone Al. Hence he wasn't enough of a toady for Davis' tastes.

but he is the perfect raider type coach. Just because he doesn't run an offense that calls for 7 step drop passes on their own 1 yard line doesn't mean he's not the book definition type of coach for OAK. He's got that swagger, and he creates teams with that swagger. He takes serious chances and long shots and gets as fired up as anyone in the NFL.