[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tie in the playoffs

alwaysrocking

I HATE breaking ties with bench players. There is no reason to reward an owner for leaving a better player on his bench.

We do a team by team position comparison. The team with the best QB gets 1 point, the team with the best RB gets 1 point, the team with the best WR gets 1 point, the team with the best TE gets 1 point, the team with the best PK gets 1 pt, the team with the best DF gets 1 point.

If still tied then the team that scored the most actual TDs wins.

If still tied then the team with the worst kicker wins.

We start an extra player whose points are not counted unless the game ends tied. I think in however many seasons (among 3 leagues) - somewhere around 20+ - we've only had to go to bench players once, if at all.

I hate this rule too. Regular season is over and you should have to win on your own in the playoffs.

Disagree. In one of my leagues, this is the "home field advantage" for having the better in-season record. Of course, a tie is not pretty unlikely now that we have gone to a decimal scoring system.

Disagree. In one of my leagues, this is the "home field advantage" for having the better in-season record. Of course, a tie is not pretty unlikely now that we have gone to a decimal scoring system.

Home field advantage doesn't mean anything in fantasy football. There is no HF advantage in the regular season why should there be an artificial HF in the playoffs.

I think the best way is too use bench points it at least rewards you for having and all around strong team vs your opponent that week.

It rewards you for leaving points on the bench and that is stupid.

So the team that has 2 quality starting QBs that ties the team that lost McNabb is rewarded because he has a better stud QB on the bench. That is just dumb.

A team that manages his team poorly and leaves more points on the bench is rewarded in a tie for his bad managerial decisions.

Dumb.

^im not the commish....just found out how yahoo leagues work:

In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock is broken using the following system:

1. Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster.

2. Most fantasy points by starting quarterback(s).

3. Most fantasy points by starting defensive team(s).

4. Most fantasy points by starting defensive player(s).

5. Most fantasy points by starting defensive back(s).

6. Most fantasy points by starting defensive linemen.

7. Most fantasy points by starting wide receiver(s).

8. Most fantasy points by starting running back(s).

9. Most fantasy points by starting tight end(s).

10. Most fantasy points by starting kicker(s).

it came down to #2 for me.....unbelievable, thank you mike vick

I HATE breaking ties with bench players. There is no reason to reward an owner for leaving a better player on his bench.

We do a team by team position comparison. The team with the best QB gets 1 point, the team with the best RB gets 1 point, the team with the best WR gets 1 point, the team with the best TE gets 1 point, the team with the best PK gets 1 pt, the team with the best DF gets 1 point.

If still tied then the team that scored the most actual TDs wins.

If still tied then the team with the worst kicker wins.

worst kicker?

Home field advantage doesn't mean anything in fantasy football. There is no HF advantage in the regular season why should there be an artificial HF in the playoffs.

Well, why shouldn't there be?

Well, why shouldn't there be?

My fantasy team isn't traveling to your home field to play. My fantasy team doesn't have to deal with the home town crowd in your stadium. There is no home field in fantasy football. Any attempt to simulate HF is a pure arbitrary assigning of points to one team for no other reason than it is their turn to get extra points.

I understand there is no real home field advantage in fantasy football. However, if your team has the better record during the season, our league has simply decided that if the unlikely event that there is a tie, the reward for having said better record is you move on.

I don't like bench scoring as a tie breaker although I'm in one league that utilizes this system. Your method of comparing position to postion has merit. However, what happens in the case of a flex position. QB v QB is easy. Then how do you determine--RB1 v RB1. RB2 v WR1? And how do you determine who is RB1 and who is WR1? [edit--I re-read your post and you can ignore this comment.]

Edited by untateve