[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suspend T.O? Are they crazy?

Jumpy Gathers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget, the old Comissioner is gone. There's a new Sheriff in town, so saying Tags never suspended a player for spitting, is kinda irrelevant to what Goodell will do.

The bad thing is TO first admitted he spit in Hall's face in front of millions of people on the NFL's own network. Then as TO talked about it, it came up that TO spitting on Hall happened right at the beginning of the game & TO said Hall got under his skin because Hall talking was a little and also because Hall said he'd shut him down last year in the Philly / Atlanta game.

So in other words, TO had been saving up that loogie for Hall ever since the beginning of last year. :D

The press and TV will be all over them.

That said, the upcoming game vs Philly could dictate their actions (or lack thereof). The NFL is nothing if not a money-grubbing bag of $hit, so it's very possible immediate $$$ will win over what's right for the future of the sport.

I don't agree. I have'nt heard/read alot of people demanding TO be suspended. Look I realize Owens is an buttonhead with a capital A and I'm in no way defending anything him or anything he does. I just don't think he should be suspended for something that others have done and not been suspended for.

If he is suspended, and the Cowboys happen to lose to the Iggles, then I can see the league getting ripped. The reason I say this, is that this has happened several times in the past, and the player has never been suspended. To do this now, particularly when there is a division title at stake, would cause a great deal of people to think that the league is playing favorites. After the officiating job in the Super Bowl last year, I don't think the league can take another shot at their credibility by treating this incident in a different way than they have treated past incidents.

The NFL has always looked at prior behavior in delegating punitive actions.

That's the reason they fined John Lynch $25,000 (if I remember correctly) subsequently for what was determined to be a legal hit on the field.

If Owens gets suspended, he only has himself to blame. On the other hand, if the league makes a precedence for spitting on a player to be a 1 game suspension, there's going to be a lot of O-linemen & D-linemen missing games every week.

I don't agree. I have'nt heard/read alot of people demanding TO be suspended. Look I realize Owens is an buttonhead with a capital A and I'm in no way defending anything him or anything he does. I just don't think he should be suspended for something that others have done and not been suspended for.

Just because others in the past haven't been suspended for spitting doesn't mean TO shouldn't be suspended for a game. Frankly, I'd like the Commish to put his foot down on this rediculous behavior and let these clowns know there are consequences for their behaviors. How pissed would TO be if he couldn't play Christmas day against Philly on national TV? That would just just crack me up all day long! Plus I don't have him on either of my fantasy teams! :D

Don't forget, the old Comissioner is gone. There's a new Sheriff in town, so saying Tags never suspended a player for spitting, is kinda irrelevant to what Goodell will do.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure if a suspension is going to happen, but I'm sure that the NFL is fed up with T.O.'s crap and is looking to put him in his place. If he doesn't get suspended, he's going to get the mother of all spitting fines... and it's going to be based more on what he's done in the past than what transpired on Saturday night.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure if a suspension is going to happen, but I'm sure that the NFL is fed up with T.O.'s crap and is looking to put him in his place. If he doesn't get suspended, he's going to get the mother of all spitting fines... and it's going to be based more on what he's done in the past than what transpired on Saturday night.

What exaclty has he done in the past on the field? We all know about his off the field antics, but those are not finable offenses. Just because the guy is a major jerk off the field, shouldn't go into this decission.

Can he appeal ? If so would that delay the suspension like Merriman did or is Merrimans suspension different because an appeal is used to review or take another test ?

What exaclty has he done in the past on the field? We all know about his off the field antics, but those are not finable offenses. Just because the guy is a major jerk off the field, shouldn't go into this decission.

You mean besides spitting in a player's face and celebrating on the Cowboys' star on the 50-yd-line TWICE in a game? Or did you forget about T.O. berating Greg Knapp on the sideline when he was in SF? How about the shouting matches that T.O. got into with Andy Reid during training camp last summer?

When T.O. throws his QBs under the bus in interviews, he's taking shots at his teammates. That's completely unprofessional and unacceptable. If you bad-mouthed your co-workers to the media, your employer would have grounds to fire you. When T.O. "refuses" a trade to the Ravens and runs to the NFLPA like a 10-year-old running to his mommy, he's not only acting like a child, he's also violating the terms of the CBA. Again, his off-field behavior is grounds for punishment.

You mean besides spitting in a player's face and celebrating on the Cowboys' star on the 50-yd-line TWICE in a game? Or did you forget about T.O. berating Greg Knapp on the sideline when he was in SF? How about the shouting matches that T.O. got into with Andy Reid during training camp last summer?

When T.O. throws his QBs under the bus in interviews, he's taking shots at his teammates. That's completely unprofessional and unacceptable. If you bad-mouthed your co-workers to the media, your employer would have grounds to fire you. When T.O. "refuses" a trade to the Ravens and runs to the NFLPA like a 10-year-old running to his mommy, he's not only acting like a child, he's also violating the terms of the CBA. Again, his off-field behavior is grounds for punishment.

So basically besides this incident, he hasn't done anything on the field. I would hardly consider celebrating on the Star an incident, how is that any diffenrent that Joe Horn talking on his cell phone? With regard to the verbal lashings, he has given his team mates and coaches in the past, that is a team matter, and not a league matter, and you will notice that he hasn't done any of that this year.

I copied this post from another thread to save me from having to re-type it, so excuse me if some are seeing it twice...thought it was an interesting comparison between class and classless organizations:

With all this disucssion about TO possibly being suspended and how Parcells/Cowboys should handle it, I thought about something from earlier in the seaon:

Jeff Fisher, after one of his players (Haynesworth) shamelessly stomped on the head of a Cowboy, met that player at mid-field and berated him, and then went on his post-game conference saying it had no place in the sport, and that once the league punishes him, the Titans will also meet to decide how to handle a player who disgraced the Titan franchise by his classless behavior.

Truly a classy move by a team that knows that no one player is beyond reproach as far as maintaining proper decorum on and off the field.

I wonder if the Cowboys are also meeting to discuss how to handle a player who has yet again shamelessly and selfishly put a black eye on the sport, and his own team? :D

Call me crazy, but I kinda doubt it.

So basically besides this incident, he hasn't done anything on the field.

What T.O. does in the locker room, during team meetings, during post-game interviews, and on the practice field is as relevant as what he does "on the field." In all five cases, he's AT WORK. T.O. showing up late for meetings and sleeping through others is as unprofessional as him half-assing a route or a block on the field.

I would hardly consider celebrating on the Star an incident,

IIRC, he was suspended for a game and was fined by the NFL. So, yes, it was an incident.

With regard to the verbal lashings, he has given his team mates and coaches in the past, that is a team matter, and not a league matter, and you will notice that he hasn't done any of that this year.

Is that some sort of a justification? :D

You're right, he hasn't verbally-berated any of his teammates or coaches this year. But he has accused his teammates of "snitching" on him by letting the media know that he thinks he's above showing up to or paying attention in team meetings.

I copied this post from another thread to save me from having to re-type it, so excuse me if some are seeing it twice...thought it was an interesting comparison between class and classless organizations:

With all this disucssion about TO possibly being suspended and how Parcells/Cowboys should handle it, I thought about something from earlier in the seaon:

Jeff Fisher, after one of his players (Haynesworth) shamelessly stomped on the head of a Cowboy, met that player at mid-field and berated him, and then went on his post-game conference saying it had no place in the sport, and that once the league punishes him, the Titans will also meet to decide how to handle a player who disgraced the Titan franchise by his classless behavior.

Truly a classy move by a team that knows that no one player is beyond reproach as far as maintaining proper decorum on and off the field.

I wonder if the Cowboys are also meeting to discuss how to handle a player who has yet again shamelessly and selfishly put a black eye on the sport, and his own team? :D

Call me crazy, but I kinda doubt it.

There was a pretty big difference both in severity of the act, and the situation. Hanesworht incident actually injured the other player where as sptitting on a guy while definiltey gross, did not injure Hall. You also have to look at the situation. At the time Fisher thought that he was going to have a losing season, and knew that a suspension was going to happen, and tried to spin it so that the team looked better, and possibly so that the suspension would be shorter. In the Dallas case, the act has never been a suspendable offense, and Dallas is in contention for thier division title, and could be a contender for the NFC championship.

What T.O. does in the locker room, during team meetings, during post-game interviews, and on the practice field is as relevant as what he does "on the field." In all five cases, he's AT WORK. T.O. showing up late for meetings and sleeping through others is as unprofessional as him half-assing a route or a block on the field.

None of these items involve the league, they are all issues for the team to deal with.

The bad thing is TO first admitted he spit in Hall's face in front of millions of people on the NFL's own network. Then as TO talked about it, it came up that TO spitting on Hall happened right at the beginning of the game & TO said Hall got under his skin because Hall talking was a little and also because Hall said he'd shut him down last year in the Philly / Atlanta game.

So in other words, TO had been saving up that loogie for Hall ever since the beginning of last year. :D

New Commish... Admitted spitting in Hall's face... ONLY TIME WILL TELL!

:bash:saving up that loogie for Hall ever since the beginning of last year :D

None of these items involve the league, they are all issues for the team to deal with.

You're missing the point. T.O. has gone out of his way to thumb his nose at the league's authority and integrity for the past five years. Goodell isn't going to conveniently overlook his past transgressions when he decides on a punishment for T.O.'s spitting incident. The Commissioner's Office will likely take this opportunity to make an example out of the NFL's black eye by enforcing the maximum penalty for spitting into another player's advice (partially because the Cowboys likely won't).

New Commish... Admitted spitting in Hall's face... ONLY TIME WILL TELL!

:bash:saving up that loogie for Hall ever since the beginning of last year :D

You're missing the point. T.O. has gone out of his way to thumb his nose at the league's authority and integrity for the past five years. Goodell isn't going to conveniently overlook his past transgressions when he decides on a punishment for T.O.'s spitting incident. The Commissioner's Office will likely take this opportunity to make an example out of the NFL's black eye by enforcing the maximum penalty for spitting into another player's advice (partially because the Cowboys likely won't).

Has he gone out of his way to thumb his nose at the league's authority or at the teams he has played for their is a difference. You also have to remember the teams he thumbed his nose at. One of them sucked, and he obviously wanted out. The other has a history of telling players to kiss thier ass with regard to contracts and the way they treat playes, especially players that are over 30, which TO is. In all instances, I see these as team issues, not league issues. I agree that the celebrating on the star and the spitting are league issues, but honeslty was celebrating on the star any worse than what Joe Horn did? How is TO spitting on some one any different that Sean Taylor, or Romo doing it? If anything Sean Taylor has/had more off the field problems than TO.

Has he gone out of his way to thumb his nose at the league's authority or at the teams he has played for their is a difference. You also have to remember the teams he thumbed his nose at. One of them sucked, and he obviously wanted out. The other has a history of telling players to kiss thier ass with regard to contracts and the way they treat playes, especially players that are over 30, which TO is. In all instances, I see these as team issues, not league issues. I agree that the celebrating on the star and the spitting are league issues, but honeslty was celebrating on the star any worse than what Joe Horn did? How is TO spitting on some one any different that Sean Taylor, or Romo doing it? If anything Sean Taylor has/had more off the field problems than TO.

The star, did you watch that game, that almost started a fight. Sleeping in the endzone, at team meetings, just saying he didn't care about team meetings cause its his birthday, throwing his own players under the buss, its time.... :D The guy's a freak! It's time for the NFL to put this guy DOWN... :D

I think they should suspend him to

1-send a message to the rest of the league,

2- because I'm an Eagles fan and

3- because I have to play against him next week in a playoff game :D

Realistically, there is no chance he gets suspended but he will be fined :D

The word is all over the internet that TO may get suspended for the spitting incident. Even Al Michaels said it might happen.

A. Dallas V. Philadelphia on Christmas Day to determine the winner of the NFC East?

B. No player has ever been suspended for spitting.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!

At least it better not...I'm a huge Cowboy fan AND I have T.O on my fantasy team in the Superbowl next week.!!

1) Why should he not be suspended for that?

2) Who cares who the cowboys next game is against.

3) The NFL does not care about your fantasy team.