[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suspend T.O? Are they crazy?

Jumpy Gathers

Has he gone out of his way to thumb his nose at the league's authority or at the teams he has played for their is a difference.

What T.O. does on said teams reflects directly on the NFL. Issues like respecting authority, respecting teammates, sportsmanship, and respecting the CBA go beyond T.O.'s team. T.O. represents the NFL (poorly) and I'm sure that they're fed up with it.

You also have to remember the teams he thumbed his nose at. One of them sucked, and he obviously wanted out.

That's a ridiculous justification. You can't decide to break the rules because your team "sucks."

The other has a history of telling players to kiss thier ass with regard to contracts and the way they treat playes, especially players that are over 30, which TO is.

You mean by the way that NFLPA got its players million-dollar salaries, huge signing bonuses, top-notch healthcare, and incredible pension plans? Yeah, they completely screw over the palyers. :D

T.O. needs to abide by the CBA - end of story. And if he doesn't like the CBA, he can go play in the CFL.

In all instances, I see these as team issues, not league issues.

When a player repeatedly disrespects coaches and teammates, it becomes a league issue. T.O.'s teams answer to the Commissioner's Office - they are not autonomous entities.

While the disciplinary actions of said player are still handled by the team, the league will take those infractions into account when said player commits an infraction on the field that is deserving of disciplinary action by the league.

And attempting to circumvent the CBA is most definitely a league issue.

I agree that the celebrating on the star and the spitting are league issues, but honeslty was celebrating on the star any worse than what Joe Horn did? How is TO spitting on some one any different that Sean Taylor, or Romo doing it? If anything Sean Taylor has/had more off the field problems than TO.

IIRC, Joe Horn got fined as well. And anybody will tell you that celebrating a TD with a cell phone isn't in the same league as spitting in another man's face.

Sean Taylor is a d0uche as well. He'll be lucky if he doesn't end up in prison.

Edited by Bill Swerski

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a pretty big difference both in severity of the act, and the situation. Hanesworht incident actually injured the other player where as sptitting on a guy while definiltey gross, did not injure Hall. You also have to look at the situation. At the time Fisher thought that he was going to have a losing season, and knew that a suspension was going to happen, and tried to spin it so that the team looked better, and possibly so that the suspension would be shorter. In the Dallas case, the act has never been a suspendable offense, and Dallas is in contention for thier division title, and could be a contender for the NFC championship.

I don't agree with this at all....I doubt Fisher had enough time (15 minutes?) from the end of the game until his news conference to come up with the best way to "spin it". Rather, I think he was genuinely disgusted by the act, and from the emotion on his face, and in his voice, I think his reaction was heartfelt.

And while the severity of the two is indeed different, they both fall into the broader category of "acts that are shameless and classless"

If Haynesworth was suspended for his atrocious behavior, why wouldn't TO's classless behavior (which he knows as such, hence his pre-meditated apology) warrant some sort of punishment beyond a $$$ fine that realistically means nothing to him?

The fact that you are justifying your argument with the idea that Dallas in in contention for a division title is apalling....what atrocities against another human being can a player get away with so long as "his team in is contention"??????? spitting? stomping? punching? stomping? where does it end?

I don't agree with this at all....I doubt Fisher had enough time (15 minutes?) from the end of the game until his news conference to come up with the best way to "spin it". Rather, I think he was genuinely disgusted by the act, and from the emotion on his face, and in his voice, I think his reaction was heartfelt.

And while the severity of the two is indeed different, they both fall into the broader category of "acts that are shameless and classless"

If Haynesworth was suspended for his atrocious behavior, why wouldn't TO's classless behavior (which he knows as such, hence his pre-meditated apology) warrant some sort of punishment beyond a $$$ fine that realistically means nothing to him?

The fact that you are justifying your argument with the idea that Dallas in in contention for a division title is apalling....what atrocities against another human being can a player get away with so long as "his team in is contention"??????? spitting? stomping? punching? stomping? where does it end?

You forget, this isn't the first time this has happened, it has happened at least two other times that I know of with people who's character was just as flawed as TO's, if not more so, one that broke a guys face and was known or atleast suspected to juice and be a dirty player, and another who could possibly go to jail for the next 20 years for shooting at someone, and in both cases these players were fined. There is a huge difference in spitting at someone and stomping on their head with metal spikes.

You forget, this isn't the first time this has happened, it has happened at least two other times that I know of with people who's character was just as flawed as TO's, if not more so, one that broke a guys face and was known or atleast suspected to juice and be a dirty player, and another who could possibly go to jail for the next 20 years for shooting at someone, and in both cases these players were fined. There is a huge difference in spitting at someone and stomping on their head with metal spikes.

Agreed that what Haynesworth did was just completely deplorable - and is far an above anything that T.O. has done.

There is a huge difference in spitting at someone and stomping on their head with metal spikes.

Yes, there is. But my comparison was more in line with how each team handled their issues. From here, it seems there is also a huge difference in the way the Titans responded to their issue, and the way the Cowboys have handled theirs.

Immediately, the Titans publically came out and condemned the behavior, while Jerry Jones continues to insinuate that TO is a mercenary sent from God.

Not one word from the Cowboys camp even remotely condemning what TO did.

Pathetic. :D

Yes, there is. But my comparison was more in line with how each team handled their issues. From here, it seems there is also a huge difference in the way the Titans responded to their issue, and the way the Cowboys have handled theirs.

Immediately, the Titans publically came out and condemned the behavior, while Jerry Jones continues to insinuate that TO is a mercenary sent from God.

Not one word from the Cowboys camp even remotely condemning what TO did.

Pathetic. :D

Also consider that Haynesworth was immediately remorseful and apologetic after that incident. When was the last time that T.O. was sincerely remorseful for his actions?

I dont think he will be suspended...FINED YES,and maybe they should require him to see a shrink :bash:

or prescribe him some pills to medicate with :D

Fine him a million dollars or something, but a suspension is too punitive to the team and may hand the Iggles the division.

whenever a punishment is delivered it should be based upon the actions that warrant the punishment and it should have nothing to do with upcoming games or such :D

Edited by keggerz

I copied this post from another thread to save me from having to re-type it, so excuse me if some are seeing it twice...thought it was an interesting comparison between class and classless organizations:

With all this disucssion about TO possibly being suspended and how Parcells/Cowboys should handle it, I thought about something from earlier in the seaon:

Jeff Fisher, after one of his players (Haynesworth) shamelessly stomped on the head of a Cowboy, met that player at mid-field and berated him, and then went on his post-game conference saying it had no place in the sport, and that once the league punishes him, the Titans will also meet to decide how to handle a player who disgraced the Titan franchise by his classless behavior.

Truly a classy move by a team that knows that no one player is beyond reproach as far as maintaining proper decorum on and off the field.

I wonder if the Cowboys are also meeting to discuss how to handle a player who has yet again shamelessly and selfishly put a black eye on the sport, and his own team? :D

Call me crazy, but I kinda doubt it.

this is idiotic. Haynesworth tore a man's helmet off and stopped on his head resulting in 2 gashes while the man lay defenseless on the ground. On national tv I might add. How did this go down with TO? Did he hock a loogie and plant it in Hall's eye? Did he spit some spray at him from 6 feet away? You don't know b/c there's no film of this incident. If there was you'd have seen it 10,000 times on tv by now. So Dallas is a classless organization now b/c the league buttonhead spit on a guy?

So the Titans "met and decided how to handle a player who disgraced their franchise". What punishment on top of the league punishment did he get?