[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ditka calls Parcell "Puss"

Rockerbraves

Honestly, I root against The Cowboys. I'm an Eagles fan. I hated Jerry Jones until I watched "Hard Knocks" on HBO a few years ago. What I saw of Jerry Jones on that show I liked. I never liked him parading on the sidelines during games, but after seeing the show I realize that he truly LOVES The Cowboys. It's a passion for him.

What I liked about Jerry Jones was when the new guys got cut, Jerry Jones sat down with them to talk to them face to face and to wish them well. He was very professional, respectful, and kind. Also, when one of the guys reinjured his knee, Jerry felt awful. This player was well liked by everyone in the organization. He worked his tail off to try to get back in "game shape." He was an example for all of them. Emmitt Smith was really upset over it too. Anyways, this player was in the training room afterwards and was finding great difficulty in calling his parents to tell them the news. Jerry Jones asked the player if he (the player) wanted him (Jerry Jones) to call his parents to break the news. The player said yes.

The way Jerry Jones broke the news to the parents was so respectful and compassionate. I'm sure it was a very upsetting time for the young player's parents, but the way Jerry Jones spoke so highly of the player (not just as a player, but more importantly as a person) the parents had to have a feeling of great pride also.

Jerry Jones looked at all his players as Family. I liked that. You may say that Jerry Jones knew the camera was on him and he just put on a good show. Around the time of "Hard Knocks" Mike Golick (spelling?) (I believe it was Mike Golick) was asked what NFL owner do the NFL players like to play for the most. Mike Golick answered, "Jerry Jones." When asked why, Mike answered that he takes care of all his players. Even the ones that aren't well known. Mike gave an example that one year one of the lesser known players had a wife that became ill - a rare illness. Mike said that Jerry Jones had his private jet flown in to pick up this player's wife to fly her back and forth to the hospital/clinic where she had to be taken care of. Jerry Jones was with this player and family because he looked upon them as "Family." I thought, no matter what things Jerry Jones has done - how he takes care of his players and their families is something to commend him for. Not many big time employers look out for their employees that way. It's something to be recognized. Maybe since I'm a female I'm a little more sensitive to this kind of stuff, but anyways - that's my input on Jerry Jones.

I will still root against the Cowboys. Next week I'll especially be cheering loudly for The Eagles when they play the Cowboys. Boy, it would be nice if Terrell Owens gets suspended for next week's game. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parcells has a history of putting up with problematic, selfish players (LT, Terry Glenn, Keyshawn), so I don't see him dumping T.O... especially when his team is currently one of the Top 3 in the NFC. T.O.'s not going anywhere, at least not this year.

I really hope that Ditka didn't use the word "puss."

Wow didn't know how much man luv all you cowboy huddlers have for your coach. All Ditka was saying is he can't understand how a man like Parcell can put up with this guy. Sort of like telling your friend he's smile whipped. Everyone is sees it but him.

:D

I don't like the Cowboys. I was responding to how the Cowboys stopped being a class act once Jerry Jones bought the team. You don't seem very up on their history.

I think Rockerbraves might be a little young to remember all that. I'm sure he can't remember Jerry Jones classless treatment of Landry. Heck, he might not even know who Landry is :D

+1

Let's see, in just this thread alone:

Doesn't know Smith's name, forgets the way one of the top 5 coaches of all time was run out of town, doesn't remember Newton's HUGH Josh Gordon bust, overlooks Irvin's numerous arrests and then paraphrases Ditka's comments to include what HE THOUGHT Ditka meant.

Estimated age: 16

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

If I were Parcells, I would get TO out of there after this season, before he really does start to become a cancer. Let's see, so far TO has:

1) Knocked Parcells a couple times

2) admitted that he is dogging it and is not motivated to get over his case of the dropsies

3) Talked about how there were people out to get him in the Boys' lockerroom, and how he would deal with it in his own way

4) and generally been his circus-act self

Just get rid of him.

Honestly, I root against The Cowboys. I'm an Eagles fan. I hated Jerry Jones until I watched "Hard Knocks" on HBO a few years ago. What I saw of Jerry Jones on that show I liked. I never liked him parading on the sidelines during games, but after seeing the show I realize that he truly LOVES The Cowboys. It's a passion for him.

Jerry Jones was with this player and family because he looked upon them as "Family." I thought, no matter what things Jerry Jones has done - how he takes care of his players and their families is something to commend him for. Not many big time employers look out for their employees that way. It's something to be recognized. Maybe since I'm a female I'm a little more sensitive to this kind of stuff, but anyways - that's my input on Jerry Jones.

Thanks for helping to define what real class is. Deep down Parcell knows as the manager of the team it's his job to bench TO. Again Parcell though has lost his fire and must be awaiting word from above.

Edited by Rockerbraves

+1

Doesn't know Smith's name, forgets the way one of the top 5 coaches of all time was run out of town, doesn't remember Newton's HUGH Josh Gordon bust, overlooks Irvin's numerous arrests and then paraphrases Ditka's comments to include what HE THOUGHT Ditka meant.

To be a head of a large corporation you can't be everyone's best friend. Tough decisions are part of the Jerry Jones job. Ask Alabama how tough it is to run a football program with the Bear's son sitting on the board. Most people understand when a new boss comes into town many people will be let go whether justified or not.

Edited by Rockerbraves

To be a head of a large corporation you can't be everyone's best friend. Tough decisions are part of the Jerry Jones job. Ask Alabama how tough it is to run a football program with the Bear's son sitting on the board. Most people understand when a new boss comes into town many people will be let go whether justified or not.

Right, and when that unjustified firing of a football icon who had brought the team to 5 Superbowl in 25 years happens, you define it as classless.

With all this disucssion about TO possibly being suspended and how Parcells should handle it, I thought about something from earlier in the seaon:

Jeff Fisher, after one of his players (Haynesworth) shamelessly stomped on the head of a Cowboy, met that player at mid-field and berated him, and then went on his post-game conference saying it had no place in the sport, and that once the league punishes him, the Titans will also meet to decide how to handle a player who disgraced the Titan franchise by his classless behavior.

I wonder if the Cowboys are also meeting to discuss how to handle a player who has yet again shamelessly and selfishly put a black eye on the sport? :D

Call me crazy, but I kinda doubt it.

Right, and when that unjustified firing of a football icon who had brought the team to 5 Superbowl in 25 years happens, you define it as classless.

Some might even call it brutal. But it had to be done sooner of later. Happens often in sports where the great ones don't always know when it's time to leave the game. Sometimes I wonder just how long Penn State is going to wait till Paterno decides enough is enough. :D

Some might even call it brutal. But it had to be done sooner of later. Happens often in sports where the great ones don't always know when it's time to leave the game. Sometimes I wonder just how long Penn State is going to wait till Paterno decides enough is enough. :D

Why was it time? I think he went 7-9 then 3-13, after 25 otherwise solid seasons.

+1

:D He is middle-aged.

What I liked about Jerry Jones was when the new guys got cut, Jerry Jones sat down with them to talk to them face to face and to wish them well. He was very professional, respectful, and kind. Also, when one of the guys reinjured his knee, Jerry felt awful. This player was well liked by everyone in the organization. He worked his tail off to try to get back in "game shape." He was an example for all of them. Emmitt Smith was really upset over it too. Anyways, this player was in the training room afterwards and was finding great difficulty in calling his parents to tell them the news. Jerry Jones asked the player if he (the player) wanted him (Jerry Jones) to call his parents to break the news. The player said yes.

The way Jerry Jones broke the news to the parents was so respectful and compassionate. I'm sure it was a very upsetting time for the young player's parents, but the way Jerry Jones spoke so highly of the player (not just as a player, but more importantly as a person) the parents had to have a feeling of great pride also.

Jerry Jones looked at all his players as Family. I liked that. You may say that Jerry Jones knew the camera was on him and he just put on a good show. Around the time of "Hard Knocks" Mike Golick (spelling?) (I believe it was Mike Golick) was asked what NFL owner do the NFL players like to play for the most. Mike Golick answered, "Jerry Jones." When asked why, Mike answered that he takes care of all his players. Even the ones that aren't well known. Mike gave an example that one year one of the lesser known players had a wife that became ill - a rare illness. Mike said that Jerry Jones had his private jet flown in to pick up this player's wife to fly her back and forth to the hospital/clinic where she had to be taken care of. Jerry Jones was with this player and family because he looked upon them as "Family." I thought, no matter what things Jerry Jones has done - how he takes care of his players and their families is something to commend him for. Not many big time employers look out for their employees that way. It's something to be recognized. Maybe since I'm a female I'm a little more sensitive to this kind of stuff, but anyways - that's my input on Jerry Jones.

I will still root against the Cowboys. Next week I'll especially be cheering loudly for The Eagles when they play the Cowboys. Boy, it would be nice if Terrell Owens gets suspended for next week's game. :D

Interesting post, never knew that about him.

If you're gonna start a thread on something like this, maybe you should'nt inject thoughts or feelings that you have and say that Ditka or anyone else said them. Nice title too. When in the interview did Ditka call Parcells a "Puss" or even insinuate that he felt that way? Moran. :D

Let me define what I meant by the word "puss" when referring to Parcell. A person who avoids confrontation. That's why Ditka said Parcell is a better man than he.

Nice post. Most only want to read the Sega! the national media spews out then pile on.... :D