[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MNF was it me or did the announcing not totally suck last night

BeeR

that was for the Mon night crew,,, not Ursa Majoris

Possibly it was because I was so focussed on mentally calculating the fantasy points that Reggie Wayne and Shayne Graham had as I needed them to not get 25 between them. They got 24. I was SO glad there was no garbage CIN TD at the end because the XP has to be kicked even if the clock is at 0:00.

Possibly it was because I was so focussed on mentally calculating the fantasy points that Reggie Wayne and Shayne Graham had as I needed them to not get 25 between them. They got 24. I was SO glad there was no garbage CIN TD at the end because the XP has to be kicked even if the clock is at 0:00.

Luv your sig...

I honestly tried to listen objectively without past bias.

I still like Tirico, prepared, good delivery but has difficulty mixing with the other two clowns but I can't blame him for that.

Theismann: As bad as ever.

I wanted to like Kornheiser as it was a different direction but honestly it just hasn't worked. His contributions are bad and forced at times. His first line was scripted and you could tell. I forgot it already but I was like, come one, give me a break.

There just ain't no pleasin' anyone around here.

:bash:

I thought last night was good. Even Matthew MCConaghey was OK to me since they were plugging a football movie.

Kornheiser and Theisman are growing on me quite a bit, and I used to hate Theisman. :D:D

I honestly tried to listen objectively without past bias.

I still like Tirico, prepared, good delivery but has difficulty mixing with the other two clowns but I can't blame him for that.

Theismann: As bad as ever.

I wanted to like Kornheiser as it was a different direction but honestly it just hasn't worked. His contributions are bad and forced at times. His first line was scripted and you could tell. I forgot it already but I was like, come one, give me a break.

I agree. I've really tried to give them time and possibly hope they get better at this whole announcing the game thing, but it never changes. Instead of following up with play-by-play analysis, and possibly some insight into the players and why some are doing so well, while others have been sucking, the announcers choose to talk about some upcoming movie, talk about their own life stories, and forget completely that there is a football game being played. What ever happened to the old-school greats announcing the big games, or primetime games for that matter? :D

I think ESPN has forgotten that it's not the big-name, poor announcers that we want to hear from. I'd rather hear some no-namer offer commentary that can make a boring game interesting, and a great game even better.

I like Kornheiser as a writer, but you're right - his contributions are very scripted and very forced. Not uncommon for a great writer. Think about it, the guy has made a living thinking of great lines and then writing stories around those lines. And his stories are great.

But put him on live TV and he still has his great lines, he just never knows when the opportunity to deliver those lines will come up. So he tries to force them into situations where they just don't quite belong. Sometimes he hits the nail on the head and you think "this guy ain't bad". And other times you're like, "this guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about". Dennis Miller fell into the same trap - although Kornheiser has already forgotten more about sports than Miller will ever know.

The other bad thing about Kornheiser is that he is so attached at the lips...er, i mean hip...to Theismann that it's disgusting. Those two need to find a room and do their lovemaking in private.

Just another case of Joe Theismann dragging another good man down, in my opinion.

In first quarter, I could have sworn that Kornheiser mentioned that the Colts are 32nd in rushing defense but that's only because there's only 28 (?) other teams in the league.

Sorry Mike, I misread your post and threw up an innapproriate sarcastic reply. My bad.

In first quarter, I could have sworn that Kornheiser mentioned that the Colts are 32nd in rushing defense but that's only because there's only 28 (?) other teams in the league.

In his defense, he attributed the remark to the local Indy newspaper as saying that the Colts run D was only 32nd because there weren't 39 teams in the league.....presumably this was intended to mean they'd be 39th if there were.

I think you have just gotten used to it, like a pounding headache that never goes away.

Kind of like the lame jokes beneath your post. got it. :D

In my defense I didn't listen to the entire broadcast....I just noticed that after I couldn't initially find the radio broadcast and started watching, I wasn't cringing nearly as much.

Maybe it was the nyquil. :D