[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling All Vick Haters...

daboz

I'm on the other side of the coin...

First game of the money dance, Wildcard week is over.

The team I'm up against has Vick or Campell, I'm think that she'll have to start Campbell on Wash @ STL. :D

Is ATL out of the playoff hunt, if so I bet they'll sit Vick...

Sit Vick,,, Sit,,, Sit Vick sit..... :D

I'm on the other side of the coin...

First game of the money dance, Wildcard week is over.

The team I'm up against has Vick or Campell, I'm think that she'll have to start Campbell on Wash @ STL. :bash:

Is ATL out of the playoff hunt, if so I bet they'll sit Vick...

Sit Vick,,, Sit,,, Sit Vick sit..... :D

As a Vick owner I am preparing for him not playing and will be forced to start Cutler. :D

As a Vick owner I am preparing for him not playing and will be forced to start Cutler. :D

Not to make an actual comparison between the two, but you did see what Manning did to the CIN pass D yesterday, didn't you? Starting Cutler, while probably not yielding equivalent results, may not necessarily be a bad thing.

In any case, Cutler has shown more ability to play QB in 3 games than Vick has shown in 6 years.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Not to make an actual comparison between the two, but you did see what Manning did to the CIN pass D yesterday, didn't you? Starting Cutler, while probably not yielding equivalent results, may not necessarily be a bad thing.

In any case, Cutler has shown more ability to play QB in 3 games than Vick has shown in 6 years.

Agree. Also have Cutler waiting in wings, and might start him anyway vs. Cincy, regardless of Vick's health. I like his long TD potential with Walker, and he seems to be developing some good chemistry with fellow younger guys like Marshall and Scheffler, no? Vick against Carolina under normal circumstances would be a tasty matchup considering what PITT just did to the Panthers, but with a bum groin, Vick's rushing potential goes downhill.

I might have to unleash ther rook! Ironic, because the guy I'm playing in the finals also wanted Cutler a few weeks back, and I stole him off the WW one pick prior. Would just be extra salt in wounds if I win.

Agree Cutler should have a decent game considering the matchup. Just hate being forced to change a lineup that got me to the big game, especially losing my top point producer from last week.

Looks like I am a pretty decent underdog this week anyway, so I thinking of hitting the waivers and picking up the Jets RB Houston to replace Caddy while I'm changing my lineup anyway. What do you think?

Agree Cutler should have a decent game considering the matchup. Just hate being forced to change a lineup that got me to the big game, especially losing my top point producer from last week.

Looks like I am a pretty decent underdog this week anyway, so I thinking of hitting the waivers and picking up the Jets RB Houston to replace Caddy while I'm changing my lineup anyway. What do you think?

I understand completely & sympathize with your wanting to dance with who brung you - so to speak.

In regard to Houston, he has saved my team's ass & has helped launch me into the championship this week, so you're talking to a huge Houston proponent here. Cadillac has been so dismal in production this year that I wouldn't blame you one bit in making that move.

Ahh so back to Vick.

How do you think he'll play if he does go?

He'll play like Vick. 20% chance of a great game, 50% chance of a mediocre game, 30% chance of an abyssmal game.

If you're a Vick owner - you know the routine better than anyone. If not, just look at his career.

Edited by Bronco Billy

He'll play like Vick. 20% chance of a great game, 50% chance of a mediocre game, 30% chance of an abyssmal game.

If you're a Vick owner - you know the routine better than anyone. If not, just look at his career.

I'm not a Vick owner, THANK GOD,,, he's going against me this weekend "para mucho dinero" AND more importantly bragging rights till the next draft...

Thanks for your insight.

I'm not a Vick owner, THANK GOD,,, he's going against me this weekend "para mucho dinero" AND more importantly bragging rights till the next draft...

Thanks for your insight.

again, while it's fashionable and legit to bash vick as a real QB, you can't deny his effectiveness as a fantasy QB. so saying you thank god that you don't have a QB who, in most leagues, is top 5, even top 3, is quite a statement.

again, while it's fashionable and legit to bash vick as a real QB, you can't deny his effectiveness as a fantasy QB. so saying you thank god that you don't have a QB who, in most leagues, is top 5, even top 3, is quite a statement.

:D

Well he's injured this week and I like a consistant player, but for the most part you are right.

I wouldn't trade him in for Romo this week...

I'm in the unenvious position of possibly having to make a decision on Vick before Thursday night's game.

Sportline announced that one-hour-before-first-game rule a couple of weeks back, but I don't think it carried thru when the Thursdays started. Either way, I'm going to set a tentative line-up so I don't get caught without a QB for the finals.

If I thought Vick was going, I'd stay with the guy who got me here. The problem with deciding between Vick and Schaub is that BOTh can't start, but both might end up playing. I'm sure Losman will start, so I might just insert him so I'm SURE I have a legit QB starting and if I can switch before Sunday kickoff, I can re-evaluate. :D

Does that make sense to anybody? :D

You can absolutely refute Vick as far as a FF QB. Yeah, he turned a 4 TD performance the past week, but how many Vick owners weren't around in the playoffs because they were eliminated the week before by his 155 yd passing, 5 yd rushing, 0 TD, 1 INT performance?

If Vick is going to be considered a top FF QB - we won't even go into NFL QB, which he has produced a body of evidence much greater against his capability than for - he has to develop some kind of consistently reliable performance baseline. If that baseline is going to sit around 7/10 FF pts rather than 14/16 FF points on a standard scoring scale, he isn't a top FF QB.

Edited by Bronco Billy

You can absolutely refute Vick as far as a FF QB. Yeah, he turned a 4 TD performance the past week, but how many Vick owners weren't around in the playoffs because they were eliminated the week before by his 155 yd passing, 5 yd rushing, 0 TD, 1 INT performance?

If Vick is going to be considered a top FF QB - we won't even go into NFL QB, which he has produced a body of evidence much greater against his capability than for - he has to develop some kind of consistently reliable performance baseline. If that baseline is going to sit around 7/10 FF pts rather than 14/16 FF points on a standard scoring scale, he isn't a top FF QB.

yup, CONSISTANCY wins in FF.

Thankyou...

Not trying to steal this thread, but are you really comparing Cutler with Manning??? :D:D

Not trying to steal this thread, but are you really comparing Cutler with Manning??? :bash::D

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, I'd take it.

Probably the same number of owners that were eliminated by Favre, Palmer, Green & Brees bad games this week.

I'd also hazard a guess that quite a few teams who were in the playoff hunt, got eliminated from contention by Brady's 78 yard game a couple of weeks ago.

Does that absolutely refute Favre, Palmer, Green, Brees & Brady as far as FF QB's go?

What you want from a fanatsy player, is consistency, with as few bad games as possible. Through 15 games Vick has had 1 (that's ONE) bad fantasy game in standard scoring leagues, which are by far the majority of fantasy leagues. How many other fantasy QB's can you say that about?

Hint: You can count them on one hand.

If consistency from your QB spot was what you were after this year, Vick was THE poster child for consistent fantasy scoring, at the QB position. :D

Probably the same number of owners that were eliminated by Favre, Palmer, Green & Brees bad games this week.

I'd also hazard a guess that quite a few teams who were in the playoff hunt, got eliminated from contention by Brady's 78 yard game a couple of weeks ago.

Does that absolutely refute Favre, Palmer, Green, Brees & Brady as far as FF QB's go?

What you want from a fanatsy player, is consistency, with as few bad games as possible. Through 15 games Vick has had 1 (that's ONE) bad fantasy game in standard scoring leagues, which are by far the majority of fantasy leagues. How many other fantasy QB's can you say that about?

Hint: You can count them on one hand.

If consistency from your QB spot was what you were after this year, Vick was THE poster child for consistent fantasy scoring, at the QB position. :D

Amen to that! Even when Vick goes bananas his hating fan base find some rediculously twisted way to criticize him.

Edited by FishFreak

What about Vick this week, anyone got the inside info on the groin pull. I’m sure Alanta won't admit how bad it is because they want the opposing D to setup for the Vick run even if he can’t.

I’m not a Vick hatter yet, I will be if he does well,,, This thread was started because he's going against me in a semi final. I still wouldn’t want such a inconsistent player.

Atlanta has a slim chance at a playoff wild card. Only way Vick sits, is if the groin is just too painful for him to go.

What? His Valtrex is not working? :D