[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lack of WR productivity

muck

Interesting to me that the leading WR TD wise only has 11 with two games left ... there are only two other guys with 10. And, yardage wise, there are only two guys with more than 1200 yards...

Seems like in most recent years, there more WRs putting up bigger numbers. At this time of the season, we should have a couple of WRs with 12-14 TDs and a couple with 1300-1400 yards ... shouldn't we?

Relatedly, we have a real chance of not having any QBs with more than 30 TDs for the first time in some time...yardage numbers are good but TD passes are down league wide (or at least they appear to be).

Why the lower numbers?

My theory is that RBs are getting more passes, degrading WR stats. Also, there are multiple receiver/TEs that are poaching on WRs stats.

The most puzzling thing for me on my cursory look is the lack of passing TDs.

Sssssssshhhhhhhhhh.

The game is already turning into a game for pantywaists. The league has almost done everything they can to create rules that make it virtually impossible for DBs to cover WRs. If they hear you, the league will take the next step - contact rules on WRs will be the same as those for QBs.

Pretty soon we'll be playing touch football at the NFL level. :D

BTW - my theory? The NFL is in love with athletes at the WR position instead of WRs. Guys like Steve Largent, Art Monk, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Gary Clark, Henry Ellard, etc weren't guys who were mega-big, mega-tall, mega-strong and fast as lightening. They just got open & caught the football - all the time. They made plays with their hands & cunning instead of just being physical freaks of nature. I think Steve Smith is one of those guys, which is why he's so outrageously successful.

Sssssssshhhhhhhhhh.

The game is already turning into a game for pantywaists. The league has almost done everything they can to create rules that make it virtually impossible for DBs to cover WRs. If they hear you, the league will take the next step - contact rules on WRs will be the same as those for QBs.

Pretty soon we'll be playing touch football at the NFL level. :D

BTW - my theory? The NFL is in love with athletes at the WR position instead of WRs. Guys like Steve Largent, Art Monk, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Gary Clark, Henry Ellard, etc weren't guys who were mega-big, mega-tall, mega-strong and fast as lightening. They just got open & caught the football - all the time. They made plays with their hands & cunning instead of just being physical freaks of nature. I think Steve Smith is one of those guys, which is why he's so outrageously successful.

lemme guess, yer 5'7 :D