[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How is B-West not a Pro-Bowler?

FishFreak

I've been a harsh critic of B-West for years regarding his durability but this season he is definately a Pro Bowler. Tiki Barber had a good year but he shouldn't be in Hawaii.

+1

I think Barber's inclusion has more to do with it being his final year, and the good voters wanting to send him off in style.

Based on performance, Westbrook is perhaps the most valauble RB in football, and certainly put up numbers worthy of a Pro Bowl inclusion, right along with Gore and Jackson.

:D

Yeah...forget about that Tomlinson guy...

Um...the post was obviously about NFC Pro Bowl balloting....hence my note that he is the most valuable RB. My typo included an "L", rather than a "C".

I would have thought most non-dicks would have picked up on the topic of this thread about NFC RBs.

I was right.

The ability of a RB to successfully run the football rather than just amass yards is critical to the success of a football team, and Barber is a much better runner than Westbrook. I'd go into a lecture about clock management, ball control, safety of possession, time of possession, etc but that probably isn't necessary.

Barber has a great vulture on his team, which has severely limited his TDs. But his ability to rush much better than Westbrook justifies his selection over Westbrook.

The ability of a RB to successfully run the football rather than just amass yards is critical to the success of a football team, and Barber is a much better runner than Westbrook. I'd go into a lecture about clock management, ball control, safety of possession, time of possession, etc but that probably isn't necessary.

Barber has a great vulture on his team, which has severely limited his TDs. But his ability to rush much better than Westbrook justifies his selection over Westbrook.

Good points and well taken but Westbrook is having a phenomenal season and carrying the Eagles. I would personally like to see the Eagles draft a bigger RB to pound the ball more down hill but that's another topic. Tiki is a stud but should be an alternate this year in my opinion. I also hope the guy gets into the Hall of Fame.

Good points and well taken but Westbrook is having a phenomenal season and carrying the Eagles. I would personally like to see the Eagles draft a bigger RB to pound the ball more down hill but that's another topic. Tiki is a stud but should be an alternate this year in my opinion. I also hope the guy gets into the Hall of Fame.

Appreciated.

I don't want to give the impression that Westbrook isn't having a Pro-Bowl caliber year, because he is. But he just isn't enough of a rushing threat to supercede Barber right now - and that doesn't denegrate his rushing ability by any means. But to think Barber isn't Pro-Bowl worthy when he is rushing for almost 100 ypg is laughable. What more do you want him to do in his last season?

Appreciated.

I don't want to give the impression that Westbrook isn't having a Pro-Bowl caliber year, because he is. But he just isn't enough of a rushing threat to supercede Barber right now - and that doesn't denegrate his rushing ability by any means. But to think Barber isn't Pro-Bowl worthy when he is rushing for almost 100 ypg is laughable. What more do you want him to do in his last season?

You bring up good points...the vote was obviously close, since Westbrook is the 1st alternate.

However, some of your points while valid, need some retort:

1. Westbrook plays for a coach that, until Week 10, had a pass/run ratio of 65-35. When you only tote the rock 13-16 times per game, you'd be very hard pressed to lead the league in rushing. Of note is that between Gore, SJax, Barber and Westbrook, the Philly RB has the highest YPC...by far.

2. Between Gore, Barber, and Westbrook, Westbrook also provides the biggest threat in the passing game.

3. Westbrook has more TDs than any of the Pro-Bowl NFC RBs.

I don't disagree with you about any of your points, except that I do beleive that Westbrook is more of an overall positional threat than Barber, at this point in the season...JMO, but given the choice as an NFL GM, I'd have a tough time choosing Barber as my RB over Westbrook.

Have a look (stole this from another thread):

Westbrook, Brian RB PHI Rushing 213 for 1092 avg 5.1 ypc receiving 74 for 664 avg 9.0 ypc TOTAL TDs 11

Barber, Tiki RB NYG Rushing 288 for 1357 avg 4.7 ypc Receiving 52 for 429 avg. 8.2 ypc TOTAL TDs 2

Westbrook 1,756 total yards and 11 total TDS vs Barber 1,786 total yards and 2 total TDs

It just seems unfair that someone who is having such a remarkable, all-around year as Westbrook is omitted from the Pro Bowl.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Ignorance is bliss:

2006 New York Giants 14 288 1357 4.7 2

2006 Philadelphia Eagles 13 213 1092 5.1 7

2006 New York Giants 14 52 429 8.3 0

2006 Philadelphia Eagles 13 74 664 9.0 4

Just because the offense in NY features Tiki as a runner more than the offense in PHI features Westbrook as runner doesn't mean he can't do it. I think he's shown the past few weeks that he is just as good a runner as anyone else in the NFC. Maybe you missed him going up the middle all day long against the G-Men last week, including a pivitol 28 yd TD run right up the gut.

I think Tiki is great, but Westbrook is having a better season and no doubt should have been selected ahead of Tiki.

Westy wont be on a talk show program next year too...... but the bottom line is that the NFL did it to send off Barber into the sunset with a thank you.....that is why he is there. Westy should be included in the game but no one ever said life is fair...... TO who leads the league is the one who should be pissed..... but I actually like the fact that everyone doesnt go....its better that way.....unlike the All Star game where you have to have a guy from everyteam represented....and the baseball allstar game is a bunch of crap also... even more so than the ProBowl...actually it might be a tie !!!!

That and he's worthy of being there.

:D

1. He is the NFC's 7th rated YPC for RB's with more than 75 carries.

2. He is Tied for 21st (YES 21st) in the NFC for rushing TD's (along with other "worthy" RB's such as Vernand Morency, DeShaun Foster and some Converted QB in SF).

I am a big Tiki fan, but he should not be going this year. Not ahead of Westbrook. This is obviously a retirement gift.