[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is anyone else still sick over your loss ?

whomper

I know there are more important things in life but its funny how fantasy football has an affect on people..Its been 4 days and im still mad and sick over my playoff loss in my main local :D I get up then it dawns on me that I got bounced and I get pissed off again..This still never stops being fun for me but its funny how a loss will stick with you sometimes..

Edited by whomper

I was in 4 playoffs last week - lost ALL 4. Didn't make a single $$ round. I hadn't lost an entire week all year, but when it counted I did. Particularly tough in my main $$ where I had a 12-2 edge over my opponent. The only 2 times I played him head-to-head I lost. Well, make it 12-3 now :D At least that league gives 70% of the free agent money to top points for the year, and I currently have that lead. Nice to still have something to play for...

Thank goodness its Christmas weekend. Kinda put things in perspective for me, and prevented me from being a grumpy a$$hat to my wife :D

I'm a little sick about a loss. Was 10-0 at one point, ended up going out in the second round to a team that shouldn't even have been alive. Oh, and I lost by 1 point :D

:D

Won a game I had no business winning and lost one I had no business losing. Obviously I wish the results of the games would have been reversed since the team I still have in the big game is a 20 point dog.

Without a doubt, my loss in Hag will bug me until next year. I lead all 4 leagues in points, F'n brady scoress a lousy 2.9 pts and i lose.

Edited by NSab

Yes, I am still sick over benching Hasselbeck for McNair. It cost me a title game. I will never get over that one. Despite the fact that it was a fluke injury that knocked McNair out of the game, and there is nothing I could have done about it. Sick. Stunned. Still in mourning. But getting better. In a small way, it is almost like a death. You create this entity, you nurture it, you do everything in your power to make sure it will succeed, and then some dumbass gets his hand stepped on and it all goes away. :D

I used to really get torn up about it but not so much anymore.

Something about "I can't change it" keeps me from dwelling on the fact I lost both money leagues this week....both by benching guys I started most of the year! Again, I can't do anything about it and all the anger in the week can't change it.

Better luck next year.

Very upset, but my therapy isn't to kick the dog or break stuff, but to rebound and respond.

What I did in response to my disgusting loss was to begin to breakdown the numbers behind my league's drafting MO to try to find the weaknesses in it so that I can exploit it. I have already discovered much good information and am going to be so totally ready for next year. The last few years I've taken my preperation a little less seriously.

Not only that, but Im going to hold off on the beer at my draft, at least until I get well into the draft. :D

I was down for a few days but I only lost in the quarters but the loss was by .14 points or about 1.5 yards which happened on the very last play of the Monday Night game between STL and CHI. It was the dump off pass from Bulger to Jackson where Jackson got about 14 yards. The last 2 cost me the win. Next play Bulger throws the INT.

I was pretty upset that night and for a few days afterwards.

Consolation is that I would have gotten my asz kicked in the semi finals anyways.

Edited by chiefjay

I was playing in the first round of the playoffs this last weekend. Monday morning the person I'm playing, who I had a 25pt lead over going into Monday nights game, discovered a scoring problem. His defense who scored a shutout scored less than my teams defense that didn't have a shutout. After investigating, it was discovered that there was a problem in the scoring system where teams that scored shutouts actually were being penalized 10 points. This meant all season long shutouts screwed their owners. The only thing I could do, being the commissioner, was to correct the scoring problem and let it rip, see how the league should have played out. End result the person I was playing actually misses playing in the playoffs, I actually matchup against someone else who beats me in the first round. So playing for 3rd this week. Sucks, but then at least I'm still in the playoffs. I guess the best part is, one of the teams that was eliminated from the playoffs all of a sudden is in and not only in, but playing in the championship, because they would have won their matchup. So last week crying about not being in and this week playing for the big $$$.

T.

I was playing in the first round of the playoffs this last weekend. Monday morning the person I'm playing, who I had a 25pt lead over going into Monday nights game, discovered a scoring problem. His defense who scored a shutout scored less than my teams defense that didn't have a shutout. After investigating, it was discovered that there was a problem in the scoring system where teams that scored shutouts actually were being penalized 10 points. This meant all season long shutouts screwed their owners. The only thing I could do, being the commissioner, was to correct the scoring problem and let it rip, see how the league should have played out. End result the person I was playing actually misses playing in the playoffs, I actually matchup against someone else who beats me in the first round. So playing for 3rd this week. Sucks, but then at least I'm still in the playoffs. I guess the best part is, one of the teams that was eliminated from the playoffs all of a sudden is in and not only in, but playing in the championship, because they would have won their matchup. So last week crying about not being in and this week playing for the big $$$.

T.

WOW. We have a rule that all stats are official the very next Sunday NO MATTER what you find.

See, if the league has an altered sense of reality based on erroneous data they may not manage the same way they would had the reality of the situation been played out. That one owner who decided to trade away Andre Johnson for a 3rd running back for his bye week may think differently if instead of 4-4 he was actually 6-2.

WOW. We have a rule that all stats are official the very next Sunday NO MATTER what you find.

See, if the league has an altered sense of reality based on erroneous data they may not manage the same way they would had the reality of the situation been played out. That one owner who decided to trade away Andre Johnson for a 3rd running back for his bye week may think differently if instead of 4-4 he was actually 6-2.

Yup, I think you are correct, unfortunately, there was no provision for this. There will be next year. Basically without that provision, I felt I had no recourse but to fix the points. The person who got bumped out was a good sport about it, he was fully aware that he screwed himself by bringing it up.

T.

Yup, I think you are correct, unfortunately, there was no provision for this. There will be next year. Basically without that provision, I felt I had no recourse but to fix the points. The person who got bumped out was a good sport about it, he was fully aware that he screwed himself by bringing it up.

T.

This is why MFL nag on and on about testing your scoring over and over before the season starts. It sucks when stuff like this happens.

Monday morning the person I'm playing, who I had a 25pt lead over going into Monday nights game, discovered a scoring problem. His defense who scored a shutout scored less than my teams defense that didn't have a shutout. After investigating, it was discovered that there was a problem in the scoring system where teams that scored shutouts actually were being penalized 10 points. This meant all season long shutouts screwed their owners.

Normally, I wouldn't do this....but I gotta call some sort of bulls*it on this. You are telling me that an entire season went on, with I'll guess 10-12 shutouts, most of which were by fantasy starting defenses, and no one noticed what appears was a 20pt swing in their defense scoring for those games? Seriously?

Normally, I wouldn't do this....but I gotta call some sort of bulls*it on this. You are telling me that an entire season went on, with I'll guess 10-12 shutouts, most of which were by fantasy starting defenses, and no one noticed what appears was a 20pt swing in their defense scoring for those games? Seriously?

I hear you and am a guilty party. There were 13 shutouts this season in the regular season of which I played two of those defenses. I remember thinking one of those weekends that it seemed odd that I didn't get more points, but failed to check out the scoring system. Could have caught this problem back in week 2 or 5.

What happened was we moved the league from ESPN to NFL.com this year and in entering in the old rules I left out the 0-1 PA scoring points. This year I added a 10pt bonus for shutouts, that was revealed to have not worked correctly, in that it just gave everyone 10 points no matter what the PA were. So all season long, everyone got a free 10pts. And on the occasion that a team got a shutout, they didn't get their standard PA points, just the bonus + all other def points. The bonus 10 helped to make the end score look a little closer to what it should have been, so not blatenly obvious that there was a problem. The fact that no team defense scored under 10 this season should have been a flag, but then I wasn't going through scores checking.

T.

Edited by TMan

Lost two weeks ago in our divisional round by four points.

I had MBIII (0 pts) and Alexander (5 pts) hurt me. But I did start Young (had that 39-yd OT TD run), Sjax (130/2TDs), Chad (100+) and Burress (90/TD)

What really hurt the final margin of my defeat were those TWO stinkin' Hester kickoff returns for the Bears defense versus the Rams on Monday night that my opponent had. :D

Nothing like having something happen that hasn't happened in 37 years (two KO returns in regulation) bounce you from the playoffs. :D

I lost BOTH of my playoff games, faced the Chicago D in both, by a COMBINED 4 points.

I've won Fantasy Baseball Championships and more than a few NCAA Pools, but I've NEVER won a Fantasy Football Championship.

Still sick over it? A little, but soon it will be time for Fantasy Post-Season Football and I'll climb back up on that horse :D

I lost BOTH of my playoff games, faced the Chicago D in both, by a COMBINED 4 points.

I've won Fantasy Baseball Championships and more than a few NCAA Pools, but I've NEVER won a Fantasy Football Championship.

Still sick over it? A little, but soon it will be time for Fantasy Post-Season Football and I'll climb back up on that horse :D

post season fantasy is great..Weve done it about 8 years now..The sign of a serious FF junkie