[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago RB situation for week 16

Chadman

Anyone have any further info as to the plan for T. Jones this week? Seems like a great time to get him healthy the next week or so - moreso than last week pre-clinch. I have to decide, essentially, between Benson, Ahman Green vs. the Vikes, or Andre Johnson for my flex position. If Benson gets plenty of carries, he looks like the play to me, but Green will be motivated if nothing else tonight.

Any thoughts?

I'm tempted to start Benson over J. Lewis just because he has been on my roster all year and not started. I'm playing for third after a loss lastweek so it isn't a major deal.

Sounds like jones is still hurt and it would be a prime time to give him more carries.

Lovie quote from todays Trib:

What's the plan, Lovie?

Defensive backs Nathan Vasher and Todd Johnson rejoined practice Wednesday and are listed as questionable on the injury list. They are joined by Leon Joe, Thomas Jones, John Tait and Charles Tillman--who also are questionable and missed practice. Ruben Brown and Hunter Hillenmeyer also sat out but are listed as probable. Will any of them play Sunday?

"Our plan is to try to win the football game the best way we can," Smith said. "If a player has an injury and he isn't 100 percent ready to go, we won't play him. If a player is ready to go, we're going to try to get a win.

I was wrong last week, and I have a TJ decision to make also. Him or Furrey against Da Bears!!!! :D

Lovie quote from todays Trib:

I was wrong last week, and I have a TJ decision to make also. Him or Furrey against Da Bears!!!! :D

Furrey will play the entire game and Kitna will have to throw. TJ may only get 10 carries or so. If the Bears go up early, and they should, Lovie could pull a bunch of starters at HT.

Furrey will play the entire game and Kitna will have to throw. TJ may only get 10 carries or so. If the Bears go up early, and they should, Lovie could pull a bunch of starters at HT.

True dat! Also, I think it was a sign, so to speak, when Lovie put in Peterson last week.

From David Haugh's mailbag on Chicagosports.com

What kind of defensive lineup are we going to see in the playoffs? Do you expect Nathan Vasher, Todd Johnson, and Tank Johnson to be in the lineup? What's their injury status? And while we're talking injuries, how are John Tait and Thomas Jones looking? --Fred Venturini, Carlyle, Calif.

By the time the playoffs start Jan. 14, expect both Johnsons and Vasher to return to the Bears' starting defense if all three are as healthy as they should be by then. Vasher's hamstring continues to improve and he has been missed. Todd Johnson's teammates nicknamed him "Textbook" for a reason, and he provides more stability against the run and more big plays than Chris Harris. Harris can come up with a big hit but Johnson will help the secondary avoid the alignment confusion that could have cost them a touchdown against Tampa Bay on Joey Galloway's 64-yard pass. As for Tank, the biggest impediment between him and the starting lineup might be a judge in Skokie expected to decide Friday whether the Bears defensive tackle's probation violation last week was serious enough to put him behind bars. On the other side of the ball, Tait missed practice again Thursday and no good reason exists to risk playing him Sunday. Jones returned, but could use some rest too once he matches whatever personal goals he and the team have identified are important.

I think I'm still starting Benson.....grrr :D

Jones returned, but could use some rest too once he matches whatever personal goals he and the team have identified are important.

I wonder if the bears may say this to Jones

Bears: we know you get different bonuses for reaching different stats. So we will sit you and pay you for those goals that you would get if you would have played.

I wonder if the bears may say this to Jones

Bears: we know you get different bonuses for reaching different stats. So we will sit you and pay you for those goals that you would get if you would have played.

From a business standpoint this would be the way to go and what I would do personally. But Who knows with the Bears.