[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Childress ball

MikesVikes

If any of you are watching the NFL network game, you are enjoying Childress' 2006 Vikes no doubt. 196 penalties, throwing the ball 4 yards down field on a 3rd and 10 play, and just the overall dynamics of this guy and it's hard to contain myself.

I also enjoy the new barricade set up around the Viking pracrtice field as to not allow any other teams to gain insight into his successful play calling secrets.

Edited by MikesVikes

That was the most abysmal offensive effort I think I've ever seen. Certainly for a long time anyway. Just awful. :D

We need somebody that can sretch the field to keep the defense honest. We have a QB that can throw it, our WR (82) can't catch the d@mn thing. Maybe we can get Moss back.

We need somebody that can sretch the field to keep the defense honest. We have a QB that can throw it, our WR (82) can't catch the d@mn thing. Maybe we can get Moss back.

More than that though, they didn't look like they had any game plan at all. Whatever there was looked like it had been devised by John Shoop. :D

Yeah. Well at least the defense has shown some promise this year. Tarvaris at least showed poise I think. He's got a long ways to go. And he needs a lot more weapons around him. Is it draft time yet? What WR's are FA's? :D

The defense is good, no doubt about it, especially the run defense. Dunno about the poise of Tarvaris. As Collinsworth pointed out, he forgot to step up in the pocket for one thing. Offensively, the Vikes need a full draft AND a free agent or two but most of all they need a coach with a clue.

Mike Tice went 9-7 last year. :D

They are lacking a ton of quality players on offence especially in the passing game ..not sure tavaris is capable of much ...packers are one of the worse pass defenses in the league and 50 yards passing with an int will not win many ( should I say any ) games or inspire hope in the qb

And Bears fans have NO right talking about abysmal offensive performances. :bash:

:D

After endless years of having abysmal or non-existent offenses, us Bears fans are going to snatch up every chance we get to laugh at others. Even if Rex isn't the second coming of Johnny Unitas. :D

If any of you are watching the NFL network game, you are enjoying Childress' 2006 Vikes no doubt. 196 penalties, throwing the ball 4 yards down field on a 3rd and 10 play, and just the overall dynamics of this guy and it's hard to contain myself.

I also enjoy the new barricade set up around the Viking pracrtice field as to not allow any other teams to gain insight into his successful play calling secrets.

As a Packer fan, I'd once again like to thank the Vikings and Zygi Wilf for signing Chili before Bob Harlan even got a crack at him.

Mike Tice went 9-7 last year. :D

I'm curious to see what Tice does if he gets another chance. I liked his rapport with the players, I think he just got moved up to head coach before he'd been properly marinaded.

I'm curious to see what Tice does if he gets another chance. I liked his rapport with the players, I think he just got moved up to head coach before he'd been properly marinaded.

I seriously doubt he'll ever win a SB but he was better than the clueless fool the Vikings have now, despite giving the impression of being a neanderthal idiot. Further, he didn't have the raft of FA signings that Childress has - Tice had a weaker squad on paper than Childress.

The only reason he was shoved into the hot seat was the financial rapist known as Red McCombs was bent on screwing every cent he could out of the Vikes and Tice would work for cheap. I'm not saying Tice was great or anything but the new guy has no idea what he's doing.

The main knock that I have against Childress right now is that he insists on calling all of the plays. I'm sure this is a product of being under Andy Reid who did the same thing... Childress wants his chance now to call the plays. But frankly that's the job of an Offensive Coordinator. Childress just needs to let that go, and concentrate on big picture game strategy, and leave the play callling to his OC. Childress is a control freak so we'll see if he can handle giving up that aspect of the team's game... probably not. If he can be a true leader, and swallow his pride and give up some control, I think the Vikings would be a lot better off.

The main knock that I have against Childress right now is that he insists on calling all of the plays. I'm sure this is a product of being under Andy Reid who did the same thing... Childress wants his chance now to call the plays. But frankly that's the job of an Offensive Coordinator. Childress just needs to let that go, and concentrate on big picture game strategy, and leave the play callling to his OC. Childress is a control freak so we'll see if he can handle giving up that aspect of the team's game... probably not. If he can be a true leader, and swallow his pride and give up some control, I think the Vikings would be a lot better off.

+1

I think Childress would be a much better coach because of it. And frankly, again i don't like the dink and dunk crap that the WCO is built on. I'd rather they scrapped the whole system and brought in an outside coordinator that isn't afraid to throw it past the first down marker.

I seriously doubt he'll ever win a SB but he was better than the clueless fool the Vikings have now, despite giving the impression of being a neanderthal idiot. Further, he didn't have the raft of FA signings that Childress has - Tice had a weaker squad on paper than Childress.

The only reason he was shoved into the hot seat was the financial rapist known as Red McCombs was bent on screwing every cent he could out of the Vikes and Tice would work for cheap. I'm not saying Tice was great or anything but the new guy has no idea what he's doing.

I agree with much of what was said here, but would like to add that Childress inherited some of the Tice regime's goofs, too. I'll just throw out our fabulous (7th overall pick) wide receiver Troy Williamstone as an example. Honestly, they have to cut him (or atleast stop playing him) before he embarasses himself and the team any further.

+1

I think Childress would be a much better coach because of it. And frankly, again i don't like the dink and dunk crap that the WCO is built on. I'd rather they scrapped the whole system and brought in an outside coordinator that isn't afraid to throw it past the first down marker.

I was screaming last night for them to throw past the marker. Seriously, how many series this season have ended with a 4-5 yard completion on 3rd and 8? Jeezus! If they are that intent on sticking with the short chit, atleast try a quick slant or something where the receiver is moving and has a chance to get the YAC needed for a first down.

That game last night was one of the worst offensive performances I have ever seen in an organized game at any level. The Vikes O players should be VERY embarassed today and apologize to their teammates on the defense for squandering what should have been a winning effort.

Three friggin first downs?????? You kidding me????? :D

:D