[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alot of complaints about NFL netwok and thursday games...

CarryTheRock

Yes

Even though I have NFL Network I still think the whole thing is rediculous.

The commentary is terrible and for some reason on my TV at home I can't see the top of the screen, so I never know what the score is (which takes the option of turning off the audio away, making the whole thing a freaking nightmare)

Also now they are picking up college bowls exclusively, which is even more absured

I can really only see two outcomes out of the whole thing

Either NFL network becomes a standard cable channel

or

They lose the broadcasts all together

I mean, someone out there still cares about the fans right?

This was likely posted somewhere but I didn't see it. I always looked forward to the Saturday games after college football was done. Anyone else ticked that the NFL network is hogging these games too?

I'm pissed at the NFL network, period.

My cable company HAS the NFL network, which I pay for on a digital tier package. BUT, the NFL wanted to charge them EXTRA to carry the games. Like $250 Million extra. My local cable company said no, so I get the NFL network but not the games. I absolutely HATE the NFL network.

Greedy Oprahers.

In a word...... no.

What Sky said. Anyone still clinging to the antiquated notion that the NFL gives a rip about the fans is very naive.

Side note - why are the Thursday games not on Fridays? This would give teams an extra days prep. Just because Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday is no reason to continue with Thursdays beyond that.

Side note - why are the Thursday games not on Fridays? This would give teams an extra days prep. Just because Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday is no reason to continue with Thursdays beyond that.

In a nutshell: ratings. Friday evenings typically are the lowest-rated TV viewerships, simply due to the fact that many people make plans to go out. It is why, in the past, very few networks put decent shows on.

Remember must-see TV on NBC? It was always Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday nights, since TV execs knew these nights were when most people were at home, watching TV, since most had work the next day and/or were staying home because they knew they were headed out on Friday.

In a nutshell: ratings. Friday evenings typically are the lowest-rated TV viewerships, simply due to the fact that many people make plans to go out. It is why, in the past, very few networks put decent shows on.

Remember must-see TV on NBC? It was always Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday nights, since TV execs knew these nights were when most people were at home, watching TV, since most had work the next day and/or were staying home because they knew they were headed out on Friday.

Pretty obvious really, wasn't it? :D

I love the NFL Network and am thrilled that there's a game on TV that I can watch tonight. I'll be around the house all night wrapping gifts and preparing for my family coming over tomorrow. There is nothing I would rather have on while doing that than a football game.

I have NFL Network because I have the Dish and it comes with the package I prescribe to. If I didn't have that, I have Sirius radio and a computer. The fact of the matter is this; how can you get pissed or call a company greedy for bidding & getting something that will ultimately make money for their company. That's what being in business is about, the bottom line. If we watch the games, they will continue to broadcast on Thursdays. If we don't and ratings go down they will either change the night or forego bidding next time around. They care about the fans when it affects their bottom line and as far as businesses go, if I were a stockholder it's the right thing to do. As fans we have a certain amount of control if we can affect the bottom line by not watching or watching.

The fact of the matter is this; how can you get pissed or call a company greedy for bidding & getting something that will ultimately make money for their company. That's what being in business is about, the bottom line.

My point was that I DO have the NFL network and the NFL is requiring my cable company to pony up MORE money for the GAMES. That is total BS and customer raping IMO.

And my cable company committed to the NFL network and the NFL is trying to gouge even MORE money from them. Not to mention I upgraded to the digital tier so I could have the NFL Network and the games.

So yeah, I feel incredibly pissed at the NFL for deceiving me into thinking I was getting the NFL network and all of it's content: not what they choose to give me and try to extort more later.

IIRC, Growing Pains and Who's the Boss were broadcasts on Fridays for a while, so that argument doesn't hold any water!!

I'm pissed at the NFL network, period.

My cable company HAS the NFL network, which I pay for on a digital tier package. BUT, the NFL wanted to charge them EXTRA to carry the games. Like $250 Million extra. My local cable company said no, so I get the NFL network but not the games. I absolutely HATE the NFL network.

Greedy Oprahers.

+1

My point was that I DO have the NFL network and the NFL is requiring my cable company to pony up MORE money for the GAMES. That is total BS and customer raping IMO.

And my cable company committed to the NFL network and the NFL is trying to gouge even MORE money from them. Not to mention I upgraded to the digital tier so I could have the NFL Network and the games.

So yeah, I feel incredibly pissed at the NFL for deceiving me into thinking I was getting the NFL network and all of it's content: not what they choose to give me and try to extort more later.

Chief

Just out of curiosity, what they show inplace of the games?

This was likely posted somewhere but I didn't see it. I always looked forward to the Saturday games after college football was done. Anyone else ticked that the NFL network is hogging these games too?

No but I am pissed that in areas without it it isn't also shown on regular TV.

Full House aired on Friday.

The weird thing is I'm not sure if that supports or weakens your argument... :D

X Files was on Friday for a while, too. :D

I thought they didn't do games on Fridays because High School Football games were on Fridays.

And they don't do Saturdays because college has Saturdays booked. However, once the college season ends, the NFL moves to Saturdays.

High school football is over in the vast majority, if not all, states. No reason the NFL couldn't do Friday games.

The NFL wants to here from you. Here is the link to the page Link and the email address:

NFLN.fans@la.nfl.net

The message I sent them:

To whom it may concern:

In my local market (Kansas City), I have Everest Communications for my cable provider. They offered NFL Network on their digital tier, which I gladly upgraded to. Lo and Behold, when it comes time for NFL Network to broadcast the NFL games on said NFL Network (which I thought I was paying for), you decide to try and stick it to Everest Communications and me and charge us EXTRA for those games. So in essence, you are telling ME, your CUSTOMER, that the money I am already spending for your channel isn't quite enough, so you want me to pay more. Needless to say this has me pretty pissed off, and I hope Everest tells you greedy bastards to go screw yourselves.

As a matter of fact, my plan is to cancel that tier because I don't want my hard earned dollars to go to a conglomerate like the NFL who obviously can't figure put what to do with the billions of dollars you already make off of the NFL fans. Enough is enough, and it seriously taints my love for the NFL. Which is a shame, because I really enjoy NFL football. But this whole greedy mess leaves a terrible taste in my mouth, and I for one am sick of this shameless milking of every possible dollar.

The message I sent them:

To whom it may concern:

In my local market (Kansas City), I have Everest Communications for my cable provider. They offered NFL Network on their digital tier, which I gladly upgraded to. Lo and Behold, when it comes time for NFL Network to broadcast the NFL games on said NFL Network (which I thought I was paying for), you decide to try and stick it to Everest Communications and me and charge us EXTRA for those games. So in essence, you are telling ME, your CUSTOMER, that the money I am already spending for your channel isn't quite enough, so you want me to pay more. Needless to say this has me pretty pissed off, and I hope Everest tells you greedy bastards to go screw yourselves.

As a matter of fact, my plan is to cancel that tier because I don't want my hard earned dollars to go to a conglomerate like the NFL who obviously can't figure put what to do with the billions of dollars you already make off of the NFL fans. Enough is enough, and it seriously taints my love for the NFL. Which is a shame, because I really enjoy NFL football. But this whole greedy mess leaves a terrible taste in my mouth, and I for one am sick of this shameless milking of every possible dollar.

Good job. While we're on the subject of the rapacious greed of the NFL, it's only a matter of time before they're back trying to screw FF players by licensing only approved sites.

Bassturds. :D

Where I live, it's not even easy going to a bar to watch the game.

Most of the smaller bars -- the places I prefer going for beer or football -- have Sunday Ticket and the local cable standard tier. Those with Sunday Ticket have to pay an extra fee if they want to get the NFL Network games (like the Sunday Ticket, bars have to pay a higher fee). No smaller bar I know will do it because the fee cannot be justified by increased revenue as most of the games are games no one cares about outside of the hardcore fanatics who already have the NFL Network (and usually the Sunday Ticket).

So, if I want to see a Thursday or Saturday game, I have to go to a national chain bar -- the places I can't stand (like Hooters) -- with chain-wide negotiated satellite contracts that includes the NFL Network.

I love their product of course, but if the NFL thinks I'm going to start planning my life around how to accomodate their business model -- and that includes paying extra just to watch their games on TV -- it ain't gonna happen. There are lots of entertainment and sports options out there besides NFL football. I used to be a hardcore baseball fan, too, but I had no trouble ending that relationship.

Not only that, but in one of my Super Bowl games this week, I had to pick between Favre and Vick, and with the Vick injury sketchy and being forced to make a decision by Thursday ... :D

Most of the smaller bars -- the places I prefer going for beer or football -- have Sunday Ticket and the local cable standard tier. Those with Sunday Ticket have to pay an extra fee if they want to get the NFL Network games (like the Sunday Ticket, bars have to pay a higher fee).

Another interesting point. Haven't all these games available on NFL Network only reduced the number of games available on Sunday ticket? :D