[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NY Giants

alexgaddis

This team absolutely tanked this season after a good start...that game today against the Saints was the most uninspired football I have ever seen a home team play in a playoff race...where do you see them next year...Will Coughlin be back? Will Eli ever develop?

That was putrid today...

as a giants fan, I hope coughlin is not back. Even if they do make the playoffs. The team has no discipline, and the play calling sucks. That game today was sickening.

I agree. In the game today it looked like the Saints made good adjustments but any the Giants made were ineffective. They and Eli need an overhaul in the coaching staff.

I don't know about next year, but next week I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Jared Lorenzen in there at QB. He might pump some life into this team and actually hit a receiver in stride. After all, as much as they've sucked the past 2 months, they still can make the playoffs with a win against the Skins next week.

The Giants suffered some significant losses this year on both sides of the ball, so that has to be factored in but I would agree with the sentiment that an overahaul in the coaching staff is clearly in order. The players - Manning, Shockey, Burress, Barber (though he is leaving) have demonstrated ability before. It is up to the coaching staff to nuture and maximize that and it just has not happened. They don't need an extreme makeover - just need to change the coaching staff.

Coughlin is not doing anything he didn't do in previous jobs to get fired.

:doh:

I can't believe that a team with this much talent ( save the mini manning :tup: ) can play so badly, just utterly and totaly disgacefull, WM must be just rolling in his grave.

This was one of the most painfull seasons ever for me as a lifelong fan , at least when you have low expectations it doesn't hurt as much to lose . Expectations were very high here this year.. :clap::D:D

Coughlin must be fired in order for this team to move forward next year IMO. :bash:

I'll rankle a few feathers, but it's a repeat of what me and a buddy who's an NYG fan talked about yesterday: this team is run by the players, and they're all bitches. Strahan is the main problem: running Coughlin out of town in the same way he helped run Fassel out of town. Strahan: complain or female dog. Schockey: complain or female dog. Burress: please. Eli? approaching bitchood. A bunch of the New York Football Giants are punks. That's the problem.

They need to change out the coaching staff, AND also need to drop/trade Strahan and any core of players who think they run the team. Otherwise, they'll never amount to anything. This problem is due, in part, to how the Mara's ran the team which featured good relationships with the players. I'm not bagging on them for that approach, but it seems to have swung too far away from business, and it's hurting the future of this team: some of these players seem to have gotten away with a "we were here before you, and will be here after you" approach with the last coaching change, and appear to be on the verge of doing it again.

Right now, the "Belichick Mold" works, and the NYG are on the opposite end of that spectrum, moreso than any other team with their underachieving talent level. It's too bad, really, because there's no way they should not be neck and neck with the Cowboys for the division title, instead of imploding like a bunch of bitches.

And that's my :D:D