[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rivers...

dolphz

there's your pro bowl quarterback.

He's had a decent season, but i'm sorry, he did not deserve to be in the pro bowl. complete joke.

I like Rivers a lot and think he's twice as good as E-Cry, but you are right he isn't a pro bowl QB at this point. Tom Brady with basic clods at receiver and injuries all over the place is the man.

he just completed 1 gice him a break lol 1-10 added to last week of 6-22 7-32

how can they win the superbowl with that type of qbing

They can't and they won't and the AFC is TOO tough just to run it every play. I'm smelling the Ravens this year...and I have no problems with that.

Rivers turns a very bad game into a great comeback win. THAT is why he is special. Also noticed the announcers saying there were a lot of drops by his receivers today.

The one thing he had not done is now in the book. Comeback win with 2 minutes and needs a TD in a game the O struggled.

As they say, the game isn't over...

:D

QB Philip Rivers completed 10-of-30 passes for 181 yards and two touchdowns in Week 16 against Seattle.

Rivers amazingly started 0-of-9 and dealt with receivers dropping passes all afternoon, but his first completion went for a nine-yard touchdown. He went 10-of-21 for 181 yards after the rough start, leading the Chargers on a game-winning touchdown drive late in the fourth quarter by hooking up with WR Vincent Jackson on a 37-yard score with under a minute left.

Maybe we should all take a breath before trashing players early in games based on stats.

A total "how that happen" to me. Seattle should have had an additional 6-13 points and coudln't complete the deal. :D

What a downer.....Seahawks played just about as complete a game as they have this season and they can't hang on. Two broken coverage plays all day, and Rivers to Jackson kills them both times.

NFC West Champs :D

Rivers came through with the game on the line. It's not like he has the greatest WRs in the world. Right now, Gates and VJax appear to be his only receiving targets with Parker and Floyd injured and McCardell playing like he's injured. And even though VJax had his best game, he sure doesn't take advantage of his 6-5 frame and attack the ball. You could have a 5-10 DB on him and still not have an advantage .

Rivers doesn't have to apologize to anyone for being in the Pro Bowl. He's had an outstanding season and is 3rd in the AFC in QB rating behind Manning and Palmer (excluding Huard who currently isn't a starter). He's led the team in thrilling comeback wins from 17+ point deficits against the Bengals and Broncos and now has a game-saving TD throw in the final minute to add to his list of credentials. He's been pretty solid for the most part. Yes, his last 2 games haven't been stellar, but he can get the job done.

Rivers came through with the game on the line. It's not like he has the greatest WRs in the world.

That Antonio Gates guy is a pretty good reciever. And Rivers did come through with the game on the line, but in my mind it was the direct result of a Boulware making a HUGH bonehead mistake.

While there were several drops, there were just as many bad passes if not more. Rivers was clearly not in synch with his receivers. Often drops appear to be all on the receiver but often come because the quarterback is not throwing the pass correctly or in the same way which throws off the receiver. But he did rally and get it done on the road.

The entire team was a bit off kilter. Seemed like they had more penalties too like the one that killed a 40+ yard touchdown run by Tomlinson.

as was noted already, Floyd and Parker are out and McCardell is not healthy. McCardell hasn't been involved in the passing game the last few weeks as he's been in and out due to his calf.

the bye week will be very needed.

all that said, people should stop jumping on Rivers about the ProBowl. as i recall, Brady didn't do so well vs. Miami a couple weeks ago. its about the entire season and while i can't say Rivers has anything on Brady, he's had a fine year and led this team to 13 & 2.....something even Brees couldn't do. he's in his first year starting and every game's potentially gonna bring looks he may not have seen in game action. Alexander couldn't have done what he did without Hasselbeck and LT couldn't have done it without Rivers.

Edited by rebdog