[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Banned from Forum, should that mean banned from Yahoo leagues?

merc

I was recently banned from another fantasy football forum for voicing a political opinion with which a couple other more powerful members disagreed.

At the time of my banning, I was in first place in four FF leagues, ON YAHOO, which formed on this forum, and the day after I was banned, one commish(who most disagreed and responded to my political opinion by calling me names) locked my team... and I lost the next two games. That team has since been unlocked after my repeated appeals to the forum owner and other league members who had no idea why I was locked out of my team... unfortunately, that team missed the playoffs by 5 yards.

That commish also contacted my other league commish's and told them that I no longer wanted my teams since I was no longer on that forum...

Of course, there were lots of takers for my 1st place teams... but after nofifying them that he was full of it, I did not lose my teams.

As of right now, I have already won the league championship game in those three leagues, but am concerned that my forum enemies may want to try to say that I can not be in those leagues any longer because I cannot post in that forum during the next draft.....

I have many many ways to communicate my picks, including by phone, and during our last drafts several owners just emailed their draft lists to the commish or another forum member for them to pick for them... so, I think that unless they move the leagues from Yahoo to that forum specifically... they have no reason nor cause to kick me out of the league.

What do you guys think?

no, yahoo doesn't care what forum you use. they have the live draft, as long as you have the internet, you can draft. I don't see how you can be excluded unless yer voted out.

The leagues are on Yahoo, but the draft in two of the three leagues was a slow draft (24hrs to make your pick) in which you posted your draft pick on the forum. The third league used the Yahoo live draft, but is a Forum specific group of leagues in which league winners get promoted to the next highest league and league losers move downward each year. In that league, my regular season record, point total and league championship would put me at the very top of the league pyrimid for next season...?

You should stop being a political dissident, and get on the winning team.

Hehe... I already tried that... suggesting that I be allowed to participate on the FF forums but stay outta the BS forums. I already learned that no one on that other forum wants to have any type of intelligent discussion anyway. Their idea of countering an opinion they don't like is to just launch a barrage of insults.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and suggestion.

loaf... are you talking to me, or atomic CEO?

I really don't want to get into it... but I don't think anyone has ever called me a liberal.

It hurts doesn't it? It's tough being called such harsh names, and for everyone else's sake we hope this awful news isn't true. :D

This is reason #21,278 why politics and fantasy football do not mix

:D

Yup. This combination of politics and fantasy football will never, ever, in a million years work in harmony together.

It hurts doesn't it? It's tough being called such harsh names, and for everyone else's sake we hope this awful news isn't true. :D

:D

Yup. This combination of politics and fantasy football will never, ever, in a million years work in harmony together.

Yup... I got lulled into a false sense that this other fantasy forum was different... and that we could all be ourselves and voice our opinions on important issues without being attacked... or banned. Then again, I guess when I asked for help from the forum owner against being personally attacked and name called, I was told to respond in kind.... so I did... and the other guy went running to the same forum owner and I eventually got banned.

There was ONE certain term which I used in my political opinion which really, really burned the guy who got me banned... but I can't/won't say it here in a fantasy football forum. BTW... he called me names many times worse the name I called the political folks I referred to with my word.

I think you should be banned from The Huddle for posting at a yahoo forum.. :D

No... sorry for the misunderstanding. Nobody posts at a yahoo forum but the leagues use Yahoo to host the leagues during the season.

The Forum is an independent privately owned forum just like this one, but obviously lesser. :D

No... sorry for the misunderstanding. Nobody posts at a yahoo forum but the leagues use Yahoo to host the leagues during the season.

The Forum is an independent privately owned forum just like this one, but obviously lesser. :D

Touché! :enterbrownnosehere:

Yup... I got lulled into a false sense that this other fantasy forum was different... and that we could all be ourselves and voice our opinions on important issues without being attacked... or banned. Then again, I guess when I asked for help from the forum owner against being personally attacked and name called, I was told to respond in kind.... so I did... and the other guy went running to the same forum owner and I eventually got banned.

There was ONE certain term which I used in my political opinion which really, really burned the guy who got me banned... but I can't/won't say it here in a fantasy football forum. BTW... he called me names many times worse the name I called the political folks I referred to with my word.

that's what posting at footballgheys will getchya

that's what posting at footballgheys will getchya

Good try... but I post at just about every single fantasy football forum to one degree or another. I guess I need to start posting here more often... especially now. :D:D

Good try... but I post at just about every single fantasy football forum to one degree or another. I guess I need to start posting here more often... especially now. :D:D

on a serious note, I don't post anywhere else...for anything..

so the concept of posting on another forum is ridiculous to me...

I also found it difficult to comprehend. That doesn't mean I don't check out other sites for further information, or a more broad look at fantasy news on a weekly basis, but posting on other forums? ...that would take too much time away from checking out and posting on the forums in The Huddle. It just doesn't fit into my schedule.

Avernus,

Actually, until about a year ago, I didn't even know you guys existed... and that was when I joined. I've only been playing fantasy sports for 4 years now, and maybe before now, I wasn't yet ready for ya? :D

Maybe, I am ready to be in a Huddle league next year now that I have conquered most other forum leagues? jk, btw... I still have alot to learn. :D