[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

kick out league champ

sub150

The owners had no idea this board existed. Heck... the board was only a year old. LOL

No.. they had a million excuses, but in the end it was obvious.... they were not going to compete with us. We came to the drafts cocked and ready, with tons of info and a plan, and they were out of their league. (Out of their league... lol) The last time I saw the commissioner was when he paid us our money.... and he pretty much said we were too good and that he no longer wanted us around. Of course, us stopping his 3 year run as league champ (the 3 years it had been in existence) kinda put us behind the eight ball to begin with.

All in all it sucked that because we won we were dumped. And anyone that knows me knows that the dumping had nothing to do with being mouthy, cheating, or being a slug.

did you know these guys, or was it a friend of a friend thing?

did you know these guys, or was it a friend of a friend thing?

We knew the commish and one other person.

Found out through the grapevine a couple years later that because of what was done to us the league disbanded after one more year. Figure that the others looked at it like if he could do it to us he could do it to them. If you win you are out. LOL Sort of set the tone on how people looked at him from then on.

I hope that the author of this thread understands that his actions now set the tone for the rest of his life. What kind of person he is going to be perceived as. A stand up guy or someone who you can't really rely on if you aren't an at the moment friend.

I'll weigh in here:

It doesn't look good that you want to kick out a guy right after he wins the league. Also, it doesn't look that good that you would kick out someone who is not part of "the club".

Start a second league for anyone who wants to play next year. You can even start a dual playoff system where the 4 superbowl contenders from the two leagues play a 4 way game at the end of next year, or if you have a 16 week fantasy season you can use week 17 as a "toilet bowl" matchup between the champs of the two leagues and all the other league teams. The league that loses the toilet bowl week 17 points total buys a round of beer for the winning league.

You do what you have to do but remember.... even 16-19 year olds should show some class and you will have shown none once you tell him the good news.

:bash: ( wise )

smartest thing I read all day.

Or would that be the wisest thing I've read all day..."

:D

[insert Closing theme song here]

[Camera begins to fade in the distance]

Actually we are kids going to college...and this is the first year of the league. We have 12 people in in right now, it was only 10 bucks this year. Next year we are going to 50, using a pay site, live draft, and I have about 20 people who want it...so there are plenty of people who will show up and pay there money. I just want to have people I like in the leauge that I can get together with, go to a Bengals game, play some madden with on Sundays. Don't say its run by children becuase there is one odd-man out in the league who got lucky and won. I also don't like being called a child.

Ok then, you're a cheesey faggott. :D

i am just a 17, my league is 16-19 year olds, and we are trying to have it be just college kids.

so there is a junior in HS(i really dont know him that well) that just won the league and he was going to get kicked out for a friend of mine.

can i give him the prize money and be like...o and you arent in the league next year???

So the kid is one year younger? Next season at this time he will be in your same position. Would you think it was ethical?

Actually we are kids going to college...and this is the first year of the league. We have 12 people in in right now, it was only 10 bucks this year. Next year we are going to 50, using a pay site, live draft, and I have about 20 people who want it...so there are plenty of people who will show up and pay there money. I just want to have people I like in the leauge that I can get together with, go to a Bengals game, play some madden with on Sundays. Don't say its run by children becuase there is one odd-man out in the league who got lucky and won. I also don't like being called a child.

[gump]a child is as a child does[/gump]

I'm of the school of thought that says the winner should be invited back to defend their title.

one would think, one would think

I see absolutely zero problem with not inviting the guy back. If he's somewhat of an outsider and you want a league with a bunch of your closer friends, punt him. Who gives a rat's a-ss if he won last year. You want the league a certain way - no time like the present.

Ignore what a bunch of the folks on here say. Do whatever the f-uck you want. The only problem is that you asked on these boards and you get the answers from a bunch of lemmings who get a sense of the tide of a post and pile on. So typical 'round here.

Ignore what a bunch of the folks on here say. Do whatever the f-uck you want. The only problem is that you asked on these boards and you get the answers from a bunch of lemmings who get a sense of the tide of a post and pile on. So typical 'round here.

Yeah, like, totally for real. :D Nevermind everyone else, their opinions don't mean poop when it comes to mine. I'm right, they are all wrong. Neener, neener, neener.

On a serious note, you made a good point. If it's your league, you can pretty much do whatever you want. But if you ask for advice on The Huddle, you are going to get every single answer you didn't want along with the answer you are looking for. It pretty much comes down to your own decision, and what's best for you. :bash:

Actually we are kids going to college...and this is the first year of the league. We have 12 people in in right now, it was only 10 bucks this year. Next year we are going to 50, using a pay site, live draft, and I have about 20 people who want it...so there are plenty of people who will show up and pay there money. .......

Uh, use that college edumacation you are getting and figure out that the 12 you have now + the 20 you want in is 32....divided by 12 = 2 leagues. Put all your friends in a 2nd league.

How much do your parents pay for your tuition?

....... go to a Bengals game, play some madden with on Sundays.

Aaaaah, makes sense. Are you kicking this guy out because he has been arrested?