[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's NOT Owens' fault

Grits and Shins

the Honeymoon ended a while ago, but this seems like the beginning of the end of the marriage:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/9891132

"IRVING, Texas (Dec. 25, 2006) -- Terrell Owens is 0 for 2 against the Philadelphia Eagles. That's the least of his problems.

While he wore a Cowboys-branded Santa hat on his head, Owens certainly wasn't joyful Christmas night. His frustration was evident after a 23-7 loss when he scored the only Dallas touchdown, then complained several times that not enough passes are coming his way.

"I just feel like I'm not involved early in the game," Owens said. "Everybody knows that's what I do. Every team that I've played on, I've been involved early and often. It's hard to get in the flow when you're getting a ball here, a ball there."whaaaaa

Owens had only three balls come his direction before halftime, all on the drive that ended with his 14-yard TD pass with 36 seconds left to get Dallas within 10-7. He also caught a 9-yard pass and another attempt resulted in an illegal contact penalty against the Eagles.

Those were Owens' only catches in the game.

After the Eagles stretched their lead to 16-7 in the third quarter, Owens let an almost perfectly thrown deep ball by Tony Romo go right through his hands along the sideline. He said there should have been a penalty on Brian Dawkins, who was defending him.

"He bumped me way down the field and I started to regroup. By the time I looked up and located the ball, it was right on me," Owens said.whaaaaa

"All receivers are going to drop the ball," Romo said, downplaying it.

Romo, the Pro Bowl quarterback whose 142 yards were his fewest in his nine starts, threw toward a double-covered Owens early in the fourth quarter. Dawkins was there again, making a nifty over-the-shoulder grab for an interception.

"Late in the game, they start throwing to me," Owens said. "By that time, it's too late. I'm giving full effort. I want to be involved."whaaaaa

Owens didn't have a catch in the first half in his much-hyped October return to Philadelphia, when he finished with only three grabs for 45 yards and the Eagles won 38-24.

This time, Owens hardly had an impact and the Eagles took control of the NFC East race. Dallas could have clinched its first division title since 1998, but now must beat Detroit and have Philadelphia lose to Atlanta in the regular-season finale. The Eagles and Cowboys are both 9-6 and guaranteed playoff spots.

"It's not necessarily embarrassing that we lost to them," T.O. said. "I was embarrassed by the way we played offensively."

Owens insisted it wasn't a personal grudge match for him against the Eagles, the team that he helped lead to the Super Bowl in 2004 before being suspended midway through last year. That included his bitter and public feud with quarterback Donovan McNabb.

T.O. certainly doesn't have a problem with all the Eagles. He spent part of Christmas Eve visiting with some of his former Philadelphia teammates at their hotel.

"What about it?" Owens said. "That shouldn't have any bearing on the game. That's my time and you know those guys are my friends. I'm not going to shy away from my friends for anybody."

As for what he might say to his current quarterback about getting the ball more, Owens indicated that the problem wasn't Romo, but rather the plays being called.

"I don't think it's necessarily anything Tony and I need to talk about. He knows that I'm going to try my hardest to make some plays for him," he said. "When the plays aren't really designed for me to get involved in the offense, he's going to go with the plays that are called." Whaaa, it's not all about me!!!

Owens even got in on defense for a play, as a deep safety about 30 seconds after his touchdown at the end of the first half. But Jeff Garcia, 4-1 since replacing the injured McNabb, instead dumped the ball for a shorter gain and left one second on the clock for a half-ending field goal."

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

I think TO is done in Dallas.

The 4 places I hope Terrell Owens ends up playing next year, in order:

1. New England

2. Miami

3. Buffalo

4. The New York Yankees

Oh, your just an evil person to wish that upon the Pats. Bad enough we can't shake the rumor of Moss ending up here. I want nothing to do with Moss on the Pats, and less to do with TO coming to Foxboro.

I think TO is done in Dallas.

The 4 places I hope Terrell Owens ends up playing next year, in order:

1. New England

2. Miami

3. Buffalo

4. The New York Yankees

Wishing him on the Jets division rivals plus the evil Yankees.

Interesting.

Oh, your just an evil person to wish that upon the Pats. Bad enough we can't shake the rumor of Moss ending up here. I want nothing to do with Moss on the Pats, and less to do with TO coming to Foxboro.

I'd love to see both Moss and Owens on the Pats next year. Your offense would need to play with two footballs to make them both happy. It would be great.

I'd like to see Tom Brady try to handle the shotgun snap with two footballs, or throw two footballs simultaneously. I'm sure he could do it, since he's so handsome and everything, but it would be fun to watch.

It would be especially interesting to see Brady try to invoke the "tuck rule" with two footballs.

I'd love to see both Moss and Owens on the Pats next year. Your offense would need to play with two footballs to make them both happy. It would be great.

I'd like to see Tom Brady try to handle the shotgun snap with two footballs, or throw two footballs simultaneously. I'm sure he could do it, since he's so handsome and everything, but it would be fun to watch.

It would be especially interesting to see Brady try to invoke the "tuck rule" with two footballs.

Actually, TO Would probably do really well on the Jets. Pennington's spaghetti arm would throw passes soft enough for TO to be able to catch :D

Actually, TO Would probably do really well on the Jets. Pennington's spaghetti arm would throw passes soft enough for TO to be able to catch :D

Can you imagine? :D

A buddy of mine actually suggested reuniting Moss and Pennington on the Jets next year.

I can just picture Randy Moss running wide open sideline sprint patterns on every play, only to have Chad underthrow him by 30 yards. That'd go over well.